Moving Back To The Us Was The Best Decision I Ever Made

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
Me? I like to pee on a wall every now and then.
Did you find a wall when you were in the desert?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
The corn flakes Tom posted about was because in the cost of living thread, I made a post about how much less corn flakes were here in Florida than in Cebu. Now while many seem to feel that may be a trivial item to post about, a lot of expats may end up full of crap if they do not get their fiber. :) Well maybe we have hit on the reason that a lot of them are full of crap. :hystery: So maybe more need to eat their corn flakes/fiber to empty out faster. I know I need to eat my fiber all the time because many people tell me that I am full of it :lol: but darn it, even with eating my fiber, they still think I am. :(
Corn Flakes are very low in fiber, less then 1 gr and also contain HFCS. With the exception of the sugar-coated cereals they are one of the worst. I swiched to corn flakes when I came here because I couldn't find my old one, Total, anywhere here. Switching to Nestle Fitness (whole grain) tomorrow.
Now I know why I am still full of it. :D
I cant afford corn flakes :lol: Makes ya wonder how these threads get started :mocking:

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
The corn flakes Tom posted about was because in the cost of living thread, I made a post about how much less corn flakes were here in Florida than in Cebu. Now while many seem to feel that may be a trivial item to post about, a lot of expats may end up full of crap if they do not get their fiber. :) Well maybe we have hit on the reason that a lot of them are full of crap. :hystery: So maybe more need to eat their corn flakes/fiber to empty out faster. I know I need to eat my fiber all the time because many people tell me that I am full of it :lol: but darn it, even with eating my fiber, they still think I am. :(
Corn Flakes are very low in fiber, less then 1 gr and also contain HFCS. With the exception of the sugar-coated cereals they are one of the worst. I swiched to corn flakes when I came here because I couldn't find my old one, Total, anywhere here. Switching to Nestle Fitness (whole grain) tomorrow.
Now I know why I am still full of it. :(
I cant afford corn flakes :D Makes ya wonder how these threads get started :mocking:
I don't like plain corn flakes from Kellogs! I'm a Sugar Smacks (from Post) kind of fella! When I put too much milk in my Sugar Smacks, a few hours later I need to go find a wall or bushes and pee! I believe we're all off the topic now! And when I'm in the desert, I bring my own empty liter plastic bottle to pee in! Not good for the environment, the plastic bottle that is! I think pee will stink when it dries too fast in the desert! :lol:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Travis was one of those fooled by some forums where they say you can live like a king for US $1000 in the Philippines, and since he had some reserve, he was sure he could cut it. I and others told him that he could live on his ss of about $1000 a month but not a first world lifestyle, and I am sure he knew about the 3rd world infrastructure before moving over, so I guess he was trying to reinforce or assert his decision of living back in the US and point out the differences he sees. As many say, the Philippines is not for everyone and it is hard to live a first world lifestyle there if you do not have an adequate source of income. I believe the lower exchange rate became the final killer for Travis because it then squeezed his money even more. So all, IMO make sure you have a good plan and that you have some reserve to fall back on for bad times, just as you might have to do in your home country if things went bad. As mentioned, it seems the US right now is not like some other countries, so while right now it may be less expensive to buy most things in the US, I am sure in time that will change because the cost of living here is going up almost daily and it appears to me that most of the lower priced condos and homes are being bought up, so it will just be a matter of time before rental prices also rise, yet in some areas of the US that were always less expensive, it may remain fairly inexpensive to live there for a while due to lower property taxes and land values etc, so I think while Americans may have a choice for now, it seems much of the rest of the world is very expensive to live, so the Philippines might be a easier transition cost wise for those countries people. I also feel a long vacation of maybe 4 to 6 months before making the final move might be a wise decision. I know that with my wife and I living about 4 months a year in Cebu, that we have learned a lot when compared to our month long vacations there, and I am sure I do not know as much as those that live there full time, but at least have a good idea of what to expect if the time ever comes for us to move there full time.

• Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

At least for now, Travis is a "Happy Camper"! We'll see, if he ever posts again!

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Well at least he tried it for a year+ before he made his mind up. I have travelled to many poor countries and have taken people with me who would judge the place after a few days. Good luck Travis hope you find real happinessKevin

• Like 1

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted (edited)

Good on you Inspector....fabulous posts.Personally, I love it here....just a matter of ignoring the negatives which, initially, are a culture shock.....I'm learning.However, one must have the right to voice an opinion, positive or negative. Not be ridiculously construed 'racist' if the post viewed 'negative' by the sensitive, righteous defenders of this country who left to live a western lifestyle.. otherwise we could be renaming this forum...The Pinoy Protection Platform....(joke only Tom, u know my SOH) Each to their own....that's life!

Edited by roy2cebu
  • Like 2

Travis
Posted
Posted

believe it or not I am a happy camper & not having to deal with all the womens families asking for money & the beggars on the street asking & almost demanding money I did not have makes me even happier. if I was rich then I would have been happy to give & probably could have lived there happily ever after but there is such a vast different between here & there that all the things I complained about & more stand out all the more. I wish those of you who are happy there a good life but for those who have yet to move from the US think very long & very hard before you do coz there are so many places here which would be less expensive to live then there. I am very happy to read some of you are having second thoughts & deciding to stay in the USA coz I feel it is the right decision with the women factor taken out of the equation & there are actually some very nice southern girls right here at home who put their mans happiness first & earn their own money & do not have families who demand so much of them once they are in a relationship with 1 of us

• Like 3

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
believe it or not I am a happy camper & not having to deal with all the womens families asking for money & the beggars on the street asking & almost demanding money I did not have makes me even happier. if I was rich then I would have been happy to give & probably could have lived there happily ever after but there is such a vast different between here & there that all the things I complained about & more stand out all the more. I wish those of you who are happy there a good life but for those who have yet to move from the US think very long & very hard before you do coz there are so many places here which would be less expensive to live then there. I am very happy to read some of you are having second thoughts & deciding to stay in the USA coz I feel it is the right decision with the women factor taken out of the equation & there are actually some very nice southern girls right here at home who put their mans happiness first & earn their own money & do not have families who demand so much of them once they are in a relationship with 1 of us
Well Travis, we are both "Happy Campers" (for now that is) in our own perspective country! Let's just hope it stays that way for a while or til we both kick the bucket at our old age with smiles on our faces for whatever the reasons! :89: :hystery:
  • Like 1

Travis
Posted
Posted

cheers to you 2 Art I envy you

• Like 1