Australian Kidnapped

Jake
Posted
Posted
http://globalnation....2%80%94military Warren Rodwell, age 53 lived in Green Meadow Subdivision in the village of Lower Pangi of Ipil City(about 100 miles north of Zamboanga) was taken by force from his home. Jake

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Very sad and only makes it worse for the country, and what makes it even worse is that he is married to a lady from the area and actually lives there. I also read in one story HERE that he was taken from his house and in THIS story he apparently had a business.

Several armed men abducted Warren Rodwell, who ran a store in Ipil town on the island of Mindanao, at about 6 p.m., according to regional military spokesman Lt. Col. Randolph Cabangbang.
Philippine National Police spokesman Chief Superintendent Agrimero Cruz Jr. identified the victim as Warren Roduel, who was seized from his house in Green Meadows Subdivision, Upper Pangi village in Ipil town at around 6:00 p.m.
Rodwell, 53, is married to a 27-year old Filipina and has been a resident of Ipil for almost a year now. Chief Superintendent Felicisimo Khu, chief of the Directorate for Integrated Police Operations Western Mindanao, said the victim “may have sustained an injury as there were blood stains found” where he was taken. Kidnappings for ransom, often targeting foreigners, occur frequently in parts of the southern Philippines, where a Muslim separatist rebellion has endured for more than 40 years.

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Seems they are really picking up steam on the kidnapping of foreigners lately. Or more of it is being reported. More reason for me to be on guard of surroundings in the next few weeks. Christmas and New Year's in Northern Cotabato.

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

The common denominator is that they are in business. I am confident he will have pissed off someone. Regards: Jim

Bundy
Posted
Posted
The common denominator is that they are in business. I am confident he will have pissed off someone. Regards: Jim
I think the same way as you Jim. We hear about incidents against foreigners, kidnappings, personal attacks, robberry, theft and even murder but do we hear the FULL story? I find it very hard to believe that a person would be just picked out at random and then targeted. You can bet the guy has made enemies somewhere along the line and living where he does, that would definitely not be a good idea.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
The common denominator is that they are in business.I am confident he will have pissed off someone.Regards: Jim
I think the same way as you Jim. We hear about incidents against foreigners, kidnappings, personal attacks, robberry, theft and even murder but do we hear the FULL story? I find it very hard to believe that a person would be just picked out at random and then targeted. You can bet the guy has made enemies somewhere along the line and living where he does, that would definitely not be a good idea.
In my way of thinking it has more to do with perception,if I wanted to hold someone for ransom then a foreigner business man would be a better choice than the local trike driver as all foreigners are rich as we know, (cough cough) so I don't think he was picked at random but someone did there research first.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Wife, extended family?

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

They say his business was a "Store". Wonder if it was a simple "Sari Sari"? Sounds more dramatic in the news when you say a person had a business running a store. Then in truth it turns out to be a little 3ft x 3ft tin covered booth screened up so no one can grab goods and run in front of your house.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Updated info, Mr. Rodwell may have been shot taken by boat.http://www.smh.com.au/national/gunfire-heard-as-australian-teacher-was-snatched-in-the-philippines-20111206-1oh89.html

• Like 1

kenn
Posted
Posted
The common denominator is that they are in business.I am confident he will have pissed off someone.Regards: Jim
Random? He is a foreigner in southern parts. How many of you live that far south?