Australian Kidnapped

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Still no word on kidnapped Australian but they find a body with bullet holes and just bury it. So how tall was Mr Rodwell and doesn't it matter that someone shot this person in the neck and back of the head? Is life that unimportant that they just bury a body? ZAMBOANGA CITY, Philippines – The fate of an Australian man seized from his house in a subdivision in Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay last Dec. 5 is still unknown.This, as reports of the body of a supposedly Caucasian-looking man found a day after the kidnapping of Australian Warren Richard Rodwell sent police investigators scurrying to Payao town.The body of the man with gunshot wounds in the neck and back of the head was found in Sitio San Antonio, Barangay Labatan in Payao town.On orders of the village head, the body though was buried a day later in the absence of any claimants. :wt-hell:Learning about this, probers rushed to Payao and exhumed the body. The man, however, turned out to be only five-foot, five-inch tall and could just be a local, they noted. :thumbsup:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Still no word on kidnapped Australian but they find a body with bullet holes and just bury it. So how tall was Mr Rodwell and doesn't it matter that someone shot this person in the neck and back of the head? Is life that unimportant that they just bury a body? ZAMBOANGA CITY, Philippines – The fate of an Australian man seized from his house in a subdivision in Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay last Dec. 5 is still unknown.This, as reports of the body of a supposedly Caucasian-looking man found a day after the kidnapping of Australian Warren Richard Rodwell sent police investigators scurrying to Payao town.The body of the man with gunshot wounds in the neck and back of the head was found in Sitio San Antonio, Barangay Labatan in Payao town.On orders of the village head, the body though was buried a day later in the absence of any claimants. :wt-hell:Learning about this, probers rushed to Payao and exhumed the body. The man, however, turned out to be only five-foot, five-inch tall and could just be a local, they noted. :thumbsup:
You have to take into account the humidity and quick decomposing of a body,most likely there are no facility's in that area to hold a body for long.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

perhaps this happen to him as he didnt have his priorities straight(opps i mean cultural differences fully understood)

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

As far as a quick burial goes it would be normal and practical considering the temperatures and keeping with Islamic law.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Aussie's captors contacted gov, says security officialThe kidnappers of an Australian national have reportedly contacted Zamboanga Sibugay Gov. Rommel Jalosjos to open possible negotiations for the victim’s release, a security official said yesterday.The source, who asked not to be named due to a “news blackout” on the kidnapping, said the captors of Warren Richard Rodwell did not demand anything yet, except saying that they wanted to negotiate directly with Jalosjos.The source could not immediately say when the kidnappers contacted the governor, adding though that they “apparently contacted twice.”Authorities could not confirm the reported contact, but expressed surprise how the kidnappers managed to get the cell phone number of the governor.Jalosjos, who imposed the news blackout, refused to answer calls or queries on the supposed contact by the kidnappers.

Jake
Posted
Posted
Aussie's captors contacted gov, says security officialThe kidnappers of an Australian national have reportedly contacted Zamboanga Sibugay Gov. Rommel Jalosjos to open possible negotiations for the victim’s release, a security official said yesterday.The source, who asked not to be named due to a “news blackout” on the kidnapping, said the captors of Warren Richard Rodwell did not demand anything yet, except saying that they wanted to negotiate directly with Jalosjos.The source could not immediately say when the kidnappers contacted the governor, adding though that they “apparently contacted twice.”Authorities could not confirm the reported contact, but expressed surprise how the kidnappers managed to get the cell phone number of the governor.Jalosjos, who imposed the news blackout, refused to answer calls or queries on the supposed contact by the kidnappers.
Personally, my gut instinct tells me that this governor is in on the "take". He secretly assigns himself as thechief negotiator -- why??
  • Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

:(

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Australian hostage seen in BasilanAn Australian hostage was seen along with his al-Qaeda-linked captors in Basilan province in southern Philippines, state police said Friday.The Australian hostage, Warren Richard Rodwell, 53, was sighted by civilians being transferred from one place to another in the province of Basilan, said Felicisimo Khu, chief Director for Integrated Police Operations.He said Barahama Alih, a notorious man linked to Abu Sayyaf, was the one holding the foreigner."They recently attempted to establish communication with Rodwell's relatives but they failed," he said, adding that police has launched pursuit operation for the captors.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I figured wrong thinking his girl friends family had done him in.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I figured wrong thinking his girl friends family had done him in.
Not necessarily so since I have found that the Philippine grapevine works amazingly fast and it happened right after his wife left him. One quote from the story above makes me wonder, so why is it they cannot contact the family, surely the husband knows his wife's phone number, maybe they just do not wish to answer the calls. Lets just say I know of people in our family who I believe might have contacts with some rebel groups, so it would not be a stretch of the imagination that people in many other families also know someone who knows someone etc.
He said Barahama Alih, a notorious man linked to Abu Sayyaf, was the one holding the foreigner."They recently attempted to establish communication with Rodwell's relatives but they failed," he said,
  • Like 1