Australian Kidnapped

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
If he treated his wife poorly, then it could be anyone including the NPA who kidnapped him, and if them there will be no ransom demand, only torture as a warning to others (both Filipino or foreigner) to treat Filipinos with respect. One of my Filipino brother-in-laws had been warned he would face death if they heard again that he mistreated his wife. Of course without a doubt it could be his wife's family who got him into the pickle he is now in.
He said the Australian’s wife was taken off a list of the possible suspects because she was open about the status of her relationship with Rodwell from the start. Miraflor, Rodwell’s wife, had told police they had not been living together since a November 25 fight. “She is a battered wife so she decided to distance herself from her husband,” Alcoriza said, adding that Rodwell’s treatment of his wife had nothing to do with the kidnapping.The authorities would not release new information on the progress of the search-and-rescue operation for Rodwell.
Edited by Mr. Lee

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

I believe THIS news story explains a lot more, seems he was retired Australian military, and his photo shows a tough looking dude, so he probably had been through a lot in his life and thought he was invinceable, as many of us who come from first world countries, myself included, seem to feel at times. No matter how good some of us may feel we are at defending ourselves or our family, 6 men with AK47's would be a hard hand to beat, but I am sure I too would try if home alone, so nothing ventured, nothing gained. I hope they do not kill or torture him.post-40-0-84631100-1323280636_thumb.jpgpost-40-0-14235900-1323280648_thumb.jpgThe below is a bit suspicious since the kidnappers probably have not had time to even ask for money yet.

Miraflor Gutang, 27, has pleaded with the kidnappers to release her husband, saying she has no money to pay a ransom.
Edited by Mr. Lee

Bundy
Posted
Posted
The common denominator is that they are in business.I am confident he will have pissed off someone.Regards: Jim
I think the same way as you Jim. We hear about incidents against foreigners, kidnappings, personal attacks, robberry, theft and even murder but do we hear the FULL story? I find it very hard to believe that a person would be just picked out at random and then targeted. You can bet the guy has made enemies somewhere along the line and living where he does, that would definitely not be a good idea.
Random? He is a foreigner in southern parts. How many of you live that far south?
What i am saying is that this guy may not be a picture of innocence. He very well may have offended someone, caused trouble and made enemies, therefore he was targeted. He was not just picked out because he was a foreigner and he was there.I feel confident in saying that there was a REASON why he was targeted that's all. I see some more of the story is now emerging so now you can see what i'm talking about.
  • Like 1

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Does not matter how tough or how combat skilled a person is, strength in numbers will always win.If the local government offered police protection, I am curious if there was a price tag attached to it?I have learned from my few stays in Mindanao it is wise to have allies you can count on. Pissing off your extended family and neighbors is not a wise thing to do.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Wife, extended family?
Thanks for the update Jake. Case closed.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Security officials also point out those responsible for the kidnapping of a number of foreigners in the Philippines were found to be relatives or jilted boyfriends of the kidnap victim's Filipino girlfriend or wife.
Interesting statement above.This story says he was shot in the foot with pictures of bloody ,um er flip flops.http://www.theage.co...1207-1ojba.html
  • Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Things are not looking good for this guy but he may have friends in high places, or the Australian government takes good care of their own. Good on for them. :541:

Cruz, however, said there is still no information on the identities of Rodwell’s captors in the absence of any ransom demand.
Aussie security experts lend hand in compatriot's kidnapZAMBOANGA CITY, Philippines – Australian security experts have arrived here to help police recover a compatriot who was kidnapped by armed men suspected to be Abu Sayyaf militants in Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay last Monday, security sources said yesterday.

Bundy
Posted
Posted (edited)

Australia DOES NOT negotiate with kidnappers or terrorists.No monies will be paid so these bastards are out of luck if that is their intention. Federal police officers have been sent to investigate but that may be the extent of it.The chances of sending soldiers,SAS or other, to retrieve the guy would be IMO very slim at the moment.Things do not look good for this guy.

Edited by Bundy

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

"Security Experts"? Is that what they call "Mercenaries" these days?