Posted
Posted

Good post Mr Lee

• Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
Good post Mr Lee
Thank you. Forums are made up of the same people you may meet in the Philippines, so you will meet positive and negative people as well as those who have positive and negative things to say about the Philippines. I am basically a positive person who enjoys life but I tell it like it is, and I only wish there had been forums telling it like it was back when I went to meet my wife but back then there was only the dating news lists who only told the positives of Filipino people. One thing people need to take into account, for a forum to be very busy, they need members who wish to travel to or live in a country, so they will often just give you the good and not that bad, so their forum can grow. I want this forum to grow for Tom the owners sake, but not at the expense of any of them members lives or safety. Edited by Mr. Lee

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
Good post Mr Lee
Thank you. Forums are made up of the same people you may meet in the Philippines,
Sorry, I have to disagree.Most expats I know want nothing to do with forums like this.They have no interest or no time or used to be on some forums but got tired of all the bullsh&t or the repetitive questions or being targeted by keyboard commandos.The latest why do I bother incident for me was a woman abusing me for posting"If you decided not to fly with an airline because of the bad reports on trip adviser, you will have no one left to fly with" Apparently I am not allowed to state the obvious.Me meeting people in the street can be a different experience than many posters here. I get recognised in 2 ways From image or by name. I have had several requests from people to have there photo taken with me. Recognising my name can become an open invitation to ask questions. I also get free beers too though, so it is not so bad. Sometimes I get free food and beer all day/night. Then it is really good.Regards: Jim
  • Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Good post Mr Lee
Thank you. Forums are made up of the same people you may meet in the Philippines,
Sorry, I have to disagree.Most expats I know want nothing to do with forums like this.They have no interest or no time or used to be on some forums but got tired of all the bullsh&t or the repetitive questions or being targeted by keyboard commandos.The latest why do I bother incident for me was a woman abusing me for posting"If you decided not to fly with an airline because of the bad reports on trip adviser, you will have no one left to fly with" Apparently I am not allowed to state the obvious.Me meeting people in the street can be a different experience than many posters here. I get recognised in 2 ways From image or by name. I have had several requests from people to have there photo taken with me. Recognising my name can become an open invitation to ask questions. I also get free beers too though, so it is not so bad. Sometimes I get free food and beer all day/night. Then it is really good.Regards: Jim
Thank you for the correction Jim, I cannot argue with you since you are way more knowledgeable than I could ever be about the Philippines and expats, so maybe my post should have said the forums are made up of some of the same people you will meet on the ground because I can surely think of quite a few who are on forums and who live in the Philippines but at the same time I surely do not know even a smidgen of all that live in the Philippines who are not on forums.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
THATS MY 5 MINUTES ,WHAT ABOUT YOURS ?
Is this typical stuff that your countryman worry about?I don't remember any Australian ever asking me any of the questions on the list except for the best exchange rate for Aussie dollars. And when new to the Philippines, I never wanted to know about any of those things either.Most Aussies I meet want to know value for money accommodation, cheapest beer, best value for money place to eat, cheapest beer, cheapest groceries and where is that cheapest beer again?I would answer your safety questions.Regards: Jim
I understand your reply somewhat.I had tried to open a new TOPIC of why that people,from different parts of the worlddo the things they do(different learning environment) is it upbringing or ??BUT it was closed.I think again my own opinion,(hope this doesnt NOT offend or cause someone to get upset)is that people from different upbringings,backgrounds,educational experiences ( i not say that C word)HAVE different expectations, different worries, different means or ways to handle/deal/cope .Of what i think your saying that mine questions/answers to BOB/JOE would be different than my questions/answers to a Bruce/Sheila?That you (not you yourself) would have "different" needs or expectations than someone of elseof similar age/background whose from another country.(excuse me for going partly off topic)

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
Sometimes we see a Expat in the mall/store or a (bar/spa/massage )?? Many times we dont have time to talk or chat,If you had 5 minutes to chat or talk with a NEW EXPAT or even a LONG TIME resident.WHAT would information would you share or discuss?let me start...(Oh No I hope its not another agenda)1st I would ask how long he/she has been here? any problems/issues?Would discuss safety issues? Where to get the best exchange rate? how to get the best rate?(credit to Mr Lee ) What is the best bank to use ? (BPI)If they have a family, what are the better hospitals?(st lukes,Asian hospital,medical city)Doctors or dentists ?what about the local schools or "preschool" activities for the toddlers?(little gym/Gymboree)what stores have the "best" products? (S&R, UNIMART,cash&carry,Pioneer,Cherry)Insurance? health? auto?(health, Blue Cross,Philhealth) (auto =cant help)Warnings on scams,,(when your in a taxi and some girls enter &take your wallethow someone would call."claim" that your sick/ill or in jail and they need you to get their money and bring it to a "trusted"friend)What are the best websites to find local info/news?(PHILIPPINES EXPAT FORUM of course,philnews,clickthecity just to name a few)THATS MY 5 MINUTES ,WHAT ABOUT YOURS ?
does any body have any other questions that could be added to this?Guess i would add, that have you had your vaccinations? tetanus ? for Hepa? Typhoid ?and the other illness that can be prevented,(bruce if you want go ahead and open a new topic since your the resident medical advisor)MOST important is TAKE TISSUE PAPER WHENEVER where ever you go, as it will be needed.(thanks to art)

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
THATS MY 5 MINUTES ,WHAT ABOUT YOURS ?
Is this typical stuff that your countryman worry about?I don't remember any Australian ever asking me any of the questions on the list except for the best exchange rate for Aussie dollars. And when new to the Philippines, I never wanted to know about any of those things either.Most Aussies I meet want to know value for money accommodation, cheapest beer, best value for money place to eat, cheapest beer, cheapest groceries and where is that cheapest beer again?I would answer your safety questions.Regards: Jim
I understand your reply somewhat.I had tried to open a new TOPIC of why that people,from different parts of the worlddo the things they do(different learning environment) is it upbringing or ??BUT it was closed.I think again my own opinion,(hope this doesnt NOT offend or cause someone to get upset)is that people from different upbringings,backgrounds,educational experiences ( i not say that C word)HAVE different expectations, different worries, different means or ways to handle/deal/cope .Of what i think your saying that mine questions/answers to BOB/JOE would be different than my questions/answers to a Bruce/Sheila?That you (not you yourself) would have "different" needs or expectations than someone of elseof similar age/background whose from another country.(excuse me for going partly off topic)
EdI told you why your topic was closed in a PM so dont push me today OK.I dont handle pain in the kidneys real well so I dont Handel sarcastic in each post so either drop it or wear it. Not a good day to push my buttons.