5 Minutes With Bob/sam/joe; What To Discuss/share

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

I feel you need a balance. All good is deceptive and will cause a rude awakening to a newbie. All bad is unfair and would unnecessarily scare a newbie away.

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted
Well, I don't know who this Sam or Joe are ...but if you want to listen to me talk to myself for 5 minutes, fill your boots!(sorry! just had to do it! :mocking: :lol: :) :hystery: )
As a Filipino, I would take you home within 60 seconds of meeting you. I don't know......must be that chemistry,mojo juice or wetness about your scalp. Do you like a threesome? Me, my goat and you......??
  • Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Well, I don't know who this Sam or Joe are ...but if you want to listen to me talk to myself for 5 minutes, fill your boots!(sorry! just had to do it! :mocking: :lol: :) :hystery: )
As a Filipino, I would take you home within 60 seconds of meeting you. I don't know......must be that chemistry,mojo juice or wetness about your scalp. Do you like a threesome? Me, my goat and you......??
What can I say? You should see the women throwing themselves at my feet! Usually I'm at ground level and they are coming from at least the 10th floor... :mocking:
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I feel you need a balance. All good is deceptive and will cause a rude awakening to a newbie. All bad is unfair and would unnecessarily scare a newbie away.
Exactly but one has to say it how it is in their experience and if it happens to be one way or another then this forum wont censor it like one I know of.Its up to individuals to gather information and decide whats right, wrong our best for them and lets face it, mostly people are happy in the Philippines and the crap that happens can happen anywhere when you take into account the average Joe Blow leading a normal life.
  • Like 3

Higg-num
Posted
Posted
The difference is in the techniques used by each type of lady... When it comes to crime and safety, there is no comparison in my opinion... Thailand is much, much, much safer than the Philippines... Anywhere in the Philippines... This is from personal experience and anecdotal stories from other travelers I have met along the line...
I have it on good authority as to the same Sir. Kano Joe, May I make a request that you expound on these issues if you please ? Forgive the slight thread drift but if I may be so bold to ask this indulgence; has my interest that MAY be of benefit to many. " lower cost of things" Heck it will probable cost me MORE. I have no wish in any form to sell my wonderfully situated Home in these majestic rural mountains. ( My personal view of things )I have met folks thru the years( Both male and female ) who have married PI folks & most have a very good relationship. Not all,.... I have heard terrible stories of abuse and betray as well. I have no intention of " Dating or courting " while I'm there. That is not my motive for going over. However, Some of my closets family / friends have accused me of....." Throwing the baby out with the bath-water' so to speak. Being judgmental or closed minded on dating a woman from a different culture. I simply do not think I could truly be certain that a young women in that environment would have ..."Purity " in her motives of interest in a Single American. Same with befriending people in general IF all one is to them is a meal ticket. Thus, I am VERY interested in your method of deduction...or should I say...Detection ( Of Falsehoods )Looking forward to hearing your opinions based on your experience.

• 2 weeks later...
Higg-num
Posted
Posted

Just wished to shamelessly give my most previous questions to Kanojoe or be it others in the " Know " in Cebu a bump. :cheersty:

• 5 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

ever notice when your speaking with another expat , he discusses the positive& negative,

most of us get turned off when the negative starts flowing, I too get pissed when its negative..

but I have turned that into a positive.at least for me,

After hearing the same comments,

I dont feel that I am the only one who has had these experiences or lived thru them,

and it allows me to feel better that my "negative experience" was not as bad as his.

• Like 5

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Mr Pittman, I totally agree with you. I am trying to not say anything negative in my speech. Kind of like trying to change my outlook on life. So far - the number of successful days without stating a negative comment? Zero! But I am trying!

:tiphat:

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
ever notice when your speaking with another expat , he discusses the positive& negative, most of us get turned off when the negative starts flowing

There are some expats whose company I enjoy and I enjoy chatting about many things with them,.. But I still hate it when they start putting down any and all things Philippine in a local restaurant. I just want to crawl under my chair and not let people know I am friends with the guy. And if someone else at the table starts chiming in with agreement then I figure its time to go to the CR . . . . and I hate the CRs here.

Do I still put up with it? Yes, I need a certain amount of conversation with people from my culture. But if the guy is a new guy and does the same then I avoid him until he has learned a few things.

• Like 3