Exit Clearance Certificate

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Just for the record a mate of mine just tried to exit on his way to Saudi, he was here about 8 months didn't realise he needed an ECC, they wouldn't do

It at the airport and actually detained him for a couple of hours before sending him away telling him to come back when he has the correct exit materials as he can leave l, he left a few days ago with no problems, once he had the certificate of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

If it wasn't for this forum the same thing could have happened to me.

• Like 4

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Just for the record a mate of mine just tried to exit on his way to Saudi, he was here about 8 months didn't realise he needed an ECC, they wouldn't do

It at the airport and actually detained him for a couple of hours before sending him away telling him to come back when he has the correct exit materials as he can leave l, he left a few days ago with no problems, once he had the certificate of course.

There is a big sign in our BI office in Bacolod stating that you need an ECC after 6 months. To stay 8 months, he would have been to some BI 2 or 3 times to get the extensions or did he not get the extensions either?

Was this at the Cebu or Manila airport? I know someone that got his ECC at Manila airport in 3 hours.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
To stay 8 months, he would have been to some BI 2 or 3 times to get the extensions

Many use an agent and never see the inside of the BI office until an ECC is needed.  If he did not do his homework and the agent did not mention it then he would never know.

jpbago
Posted
Posted

To stay 8 months, he would have been to some BI 2 or 3 times to get the extensions

Many use an agent and never see the inside of the BI office until an ECC is needed.  If he did not do his homework and the agent did not mention it then he would never know.

To get the first extension, it should be mandatory that they join this forum and there should be a test every 3 months.

• Like 4

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

It was at Manila airport and he was using the makati sub office..... No signs in there, not clear anyway as far as I can remember, if I'm not mistaken once you get to a year they stamp your passport with a reminder that you need the ECC to leave anyway so he must've left before that happened

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I got here in Feb 2013.  In October 2013 (8 months) they stamped my passport with an ECC reminder... I never saw it until just now when I went to look for it     ha ha         :tiphat:

• Like 1

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

And you can't miss it its so big.  Though i did until i just went and looked.  I did know about thanks to the forum.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
deevey
Posted
Posted

Like a chump, I've been making the trip to Intramurous for the past 2 years not realizing extensions could be granted at satellite offices again ! 

Had to get my EEC sorted out last month and discovered I could have got it done in at least 2 MUCH closer locations with the closest being a mere 15 mins trip to SM North, damn! I quite literally spent the guts of 6 hours every time I had gone to renew. 

Unfortunately, in order for me to have it processed in a satellite office though I would have needed all the original receipts from the Intramuros office, where I'd been getting stamped until now. Normally I ended up finding them stuck in the washing machine filter a week or two later. 

Live and learn - Keep those receipts safe, just in case. 

Oh and I did get stopped from boarding in Clark for not having an ECC the year before last and was sent back on my merry to Manila while my better half boarded the plane a mist alot of tears :(

Thankfully the BOI in Manila really rushed things through and managed to get the paperwork sorted within 6 hours of getting to their office, which is almost unheard of and I was able to follow her 2 days later.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Daydreamer
Posted
Posted (edited)
I got here in Feb 2013. In October 2013 (8 months) they stamped my passport with an ECC reminder... I never saw it until just now when I went to look for it ha ha

Same here. Got here June 2013 saw the reminder, if it wasn't for this forum I would've missed it. :thumbsup: :tiphat:

Edited by Daydreamer