Anyone Been To Hong Kong?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Will do Bob, if I don't forget we're still in a foreign country!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Our promo on-ward (throw way) tickets from Cebu Pacific Air were only $34 per person, the travel tax was not included, just the seating assignment and administration fee were added to the price of the cheap tickets!
Can I ask why you needed a throw away onward ticket if you are returning to the Philippines?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
Our promo on-ward (throw way) tickets from Cebu Pacific Air were only $34 per person, the travel tax was not included, just the seating assignment and administration fee were added to the price of the cheap tickets!
Can I ask why you needed a throw away onward ticket if you are returning to the Philippines?
I've explained all that in great detail in my previous posts!It's a requirement with the airlines to show proof one has an on-ward ticket to depart the Philippines again after their arrival unless they are 13a permanent alien residents with an ACR I-card which is their exit and re-entry permit back into the Philippines! I thought you knew that! My British friend is on a 38 day tourist visa extension that is soon to expire, his wife is a British citizen on a Balikbayan stamp soon to expire with a follow-on ticket back to the U.K.. My wife is a dual citizen and doesn't require a follow-on ticket! Me, I'm on a 6 month (9a) tourist visa extension, because my BB stamp has expired! We've done this kind of trip to Bangkok, Thailand 4 years ago prior to expiration of our BB stamp and we both needed a follow-on ticket! A sign was displayed at most of the check-in counters that passengers require on-ward tickets before boarding or they don't get to board their flight! Edited by Art2ro

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
I've explained all that in great detail in my previous posts!It's a requirement with the airlines to show proof one has an on-ward ticket to depart the Philippines again after their arrival unless they are 13a permanent alien residents with an ACR I-card which is their exit and re-entry permit back into the Philippines! I thought you knew that! My British friend is on a 38 day tourist visa extension that is soon to expire, his wife is a British citizen on a Balikbayan stamp soon to expire with a follow-on ticket back to the U.K.. My wife is a dual citizen and doesn't require a follow-on ticket! Me, I'm on a 6 month (9a) tourist visa extension, because my BB stamp has expired! We've done this kind of trip to Bangkok, Thailand 4 years ago prior to expiration of our BB stamp and we both needed a follow-on ticket! A sign was displayed at most of the check-in counters that passengers require on-ward tickets before boarding or they don't get to board their flight!
Art,May I suggest you reaquire your Filipino Citizenship and be a dual citizen like your asawa? Then no more immigration hassles.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

​I'm very familiar with the process of reacquiring my dual citizenship, because I personally did all of my wife's paperwork processing and all the required documents that went along with it while we were on vacation in Northern California when she applied for her dual citizenship at the Philippine Consulate in San Francisco, which only took less than an hour from start to finish, but in my situation I will submit my application in Manila which is a different set of circumstances, because their process can take days, weeks or even months to accomplish due to their bureaucratic red tape!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I've explained all that in great detail in my previous posts!It's a requirement with the airlines to show proof one has an on-ward ticket to depart the Philippines again after their arrival unless they are 13a permanent alien residents with an ACR I-card which is their exit and re-entry permit back into the Philippines! I thought you knew that! My British friend is on a 38 day tourist visa extension that is soon to expire, his wife is a British citizen on a Balikbayan stamp soon to expire with a follow-on ticket back to the U.K.. My wife is a dual citizen and doesn't require a follow-on ticket! Me, I'm on a 6 month (9a) tourist visa extension, because my BB stamp has expired! We've done this kind of trip to Bangkok, Thailand 4 years ago prior to expiration of our BB stamp and we both needed a follow-on ticket! A sign was displayed at most of the check-in counters that passengers require on-ward tickets before boarding or they don't get to board their flight!
I understand that but wouldnt a ticket to return to the Philippines be the same thing as onward for the Hong Kong leg.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
I understand that but wouldnt a ticket to return to the Philippines be the same thing as onward for the Hong Kong leg.
No, because that's our return ticket to the Philippines which is the final leg of our round trip to Hong Kong and back and not the same as the on-ward throw away ticket which is to show proof that you have another ticket leaving the Philippines prior to one's visa expiring! So here's how it works, round trip from Manila to Hong Kong, from Hong Kong to Manila with a on-ward ticket showing leaving the Philippines on a later date before one's visa expires, which does not apply to 13a visa holders or Filipino citizens! And if one doesn't use the on-ward ticket because one has extended their visa for another 2 months, then the on-ward ticket is just thrown away, if it isn't a refundable ticket which most likely is not! Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
No, because that's our return ticket to the Philippines which is the final leg of our round trip to Hong Kong and back and not the same as the on-ward throw away ticket which is to show proof that you have another ticket leaving the Philippines prior to one's visa expiring! So here's how it works, round trip from Manila to Hong Kong, from Hong Kong to Manila with a on-ward ticket showing leaving the Philippines on a later date before one's visa expires, which does not apply to 13a visa holders or Filipino citizens! And if one doesn't use the on-ward ticket because one has extended their visa for another 2 months, then the on-ward ticket is just thrown away if it isn't a refundable ticket!
I am not arguing with you but in the eyes of the airline and immigration at Hong Kong you have a ticket to show you are leaving Hong Kong.It makes no difference where to or I cant see why it matters if its return as for the Philippines immigration you have still left the country per the requirements.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
No, because that's our return ticket to the Philippines which is the final leg of our round trip to Hong Kong and back and not the same as the on-ward throw away ticket which is to show proof that you have another ticket leaving the Philippines prior to one's visa expiring! So here's how it works, round trip from Manila to Hong Kong, from Hong Kong to Manila with a on-ward ticket showing leaving the Philippines on a later date before one's visa expires, which does not apply to 13a visa holders or Filipino citizens! And if one doesn't use the on-ward ticket because one has extended their visa for another 2 months, then the on-ward ticket is just thrown away if it isn't a refundable ticket!
I am not arguing with you but in the eyes of the airline and immigration at Hong Kong you have a ticket to show you are leaving Hong Kong.It makes no difference where to or I cant see why it matters if its return as for the Philippines immigration you have still left the country per the requirements.
Try that at a Taipei or Bangkok Airport coming from the Philippines or going to the Philippines on a one-way ticket as a tourist and see what happens when you don't have an On-ward ticket to the Philippines! Some of the foreign websites will also mention the follow-on ticket rule, except for here in Philippines! An example, for Thailand here below link, been there and done that, but we had our follow-on tickets to be sure! http://nomadlaw.com/...ty-below-hades/Question to you: if you are still in Australia and want to come to the Philippines as a tourist. Would you pay for an expensive full fare round trip ticket knowing you will be extending your visa up to a year in the Philippines or would you buy a cheap ticket going to the P.I. with a cheap refundable return throw away ticket? Where are the cheap return throw away tickets at? Surely not going to Australia! Same reasoning except for the 3rd ticket pertaining to the follow-on ticket rule! What's so complicated about the follow-on ticket rule? I'm sure others on this forum knows all about it! Edited by Art2ro

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
What's so complicated about the follow-on ticket rule? I'm sure others on this forum knows all about it!
Hey Artwhile I was cooking my Tbone it occurred to me that you were talking about your requirements for returning to the Philippines. Its Friday and some still work for a living and are not always thinking straight at the end of the week but its not the end for me as I work Sunday so I beg your forgiveness in this matter.