Anyone Been To Hong Kong?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Nathan hotel!!!!In the middle of everything, inexpensive. all that you need. Google it.
Good one, I've heard the same thing about the Nathan Hotel.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Nathan hotel!!!! In the middle of everything, inexpensive
i was excited for a minute, until I googled and then checked rates. The cheapest room I could find was over $300 Canadian dollars after the service charges. That is more than I have ever paid in Hong Kong although not unexpected for a nice place.Did I google the right one?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Nathan hotel!!!! In the middle of everything, inexpensive
i was excited for a minute, until I googled and then checked rates. The cheapest room I could find was over $300 Canadian dollars after the service charges. That is more than I have ever paid in Hong Kong although not unexpected for a nice place.Did I google the right one?
One night, Canadian dollar came to $147? http://www.nathanhotel.com/main.html

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
That's the right site. Look at the 'rates' page and it says 2180 + 10% service charge is the cheapest rate. So I went to XE.com and plugged in the numbers and, today it comes out to $307.41 CDN. Where are you getting 147?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
That's the right site. Look at the 'rates' page and it says 2180 + 10% service charge is the cheapest rate. So I went to XE.com and plugged in the numbers and, today it comes out to $307.41 CDN. Where are you getting 147?
Did a search for a room,one night ,two people.I did not see the service charge or add it.post-1-0-77852600-1328696593_thumb.gif post-1-0-38722600-1328696590_thumb.gif

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted (edited)

I went to the reservations of the hotel and the cheapest room for two nights reservation was 1080HKD which is around 140 Canadian$Given the location and quality of the hotel, you pay peanuts.You said hotel right? If you want there are hostels, bed and breakfast and so on in Hong Kong, can stay with 30$/night....

Edited by joeatmanila

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

WOW!$!$!$!Prices have gone up from three years ago.On the other hand we stayed at Marriott Central three nights in 1999. OUCH! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Well guys, it's now Thursday 11 pm and we just got back from our 4 day turnaround trip from Hong Kong just a few minutes ago, it was a very enjoyable and worth while mini vacation and hey, I got my BB Stamp good for another year! As soon as I get rested up I'll continue and answer my own topic question some other day "Anyone Been To Hong Kong", but for now it's time to hit the sack!

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Hi Art2ro,Quick question about Balikbayan privileges. The BB stamp permits a stay of up to one year. If you make a visa run to Hong Kong or Bangkok, do they automatically give you another year? I was concerned about a BB stamp, followed by a request for extension while remaining in the Philippines.

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Well guys, it's now Thursday 11 pm and we just got back from our 4 day turnaround trip from Hong Kong just a few minutes ago, it was a very enjoyable and worth while mini vacation and hey, I got my BB Stamp good for another year! As soon as I get rested up I'll continue and answer my own topic question some other day "Anyone Been To Hong Kong", but for now it's time to hit the sack!
I think I've been here long enough to recognize when I'm reading your posts but I have got to tell you... You sound like an excited kid on this one and I had to go back to see who wrote it!!! Hey! That's a good thing, right? Must have been a great trip! Can't wait to hear the details!!! :AddEmoticons04230: