Anyone Been To Hong Kong?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
What's so complicated about the follow-on ticket rule? I'm sure others on this forum knows all about it!
Hey Artwhile I was cooking my Tbone it occurred to me that you were talking about your requirements for returning to the Philippines. Its Friday and some still work for a living and are not always thinking straight at the end of the week but its not the end for me as I work Sunday so I beg your forgiveness in this matter.
No, it wasn't just for my requirements, but for others too in their particular immigration status! I aim to please all and not just for myself! You are forgiven though for your brain fart moments since you still have to work to make an earnest living! Us old timers over 60 have a lot of time on our hands, but still enjoying our retirement here in the Philippines! Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Art ... maybe what Tom was thinking of that as a Filipino you are required to have a ticket back to the Phils before you leave the Philippines (unless you have a work visa or other such) which you would have with your round trip ticket ....... where as you said you don't have Pinoy passport so you would be considered just like any other "foreigner" and be required to have an onward ticket ....... your asawa with a dual citizenship and passport would not I believe ...... but I could be wrong

Edited by Mike S

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Thank God I have a 13A and don't have to worry about that.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I'm just confused but worked it out earlier but a good sleep might make it better,lol

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted
Me too Steve .... the smartest thing I've done since moving here ...... except marring my asawa of course ...... I know there are guys that are married but don't have a 13a ...... and I never had anyone explain to my why ....... if they live here that is .... but I'm sure they have a reason .....

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
Me too Steve .... the smartest thing I've done since moving here ...... except marring my asawa of course ...... I know there are guys that are married but don't have a 13a ...... and I never had anyone explain to my why ....... if they live here that is .... but I'm sure they have a reason .....
Just my best guess is that some will avoid applying for a 13a visa if one is still working and have to leave the country often and also avoid paying the Travel Tax, Exit fee (ECC) and Terminal Fee, which could add up every time one departs the Philippines to work elsewhere as a foreign employee and not classified as an OFW! JMHO though! Travel tax info:The travel tax is imposed by the Philippine government on individuals who are leaving the country irrespective of the destination.The following individuals are subject to pay the travel tax before or upon departure:Immigrant Visa – Quota (13)Immigrant Visa – Non-Quota Permanent Resident (13A)Children of Immigrant Mothers (13B and C)Filipino CitizensReturning Filipino Resident (13D)Returning Resident (13E)Returning Former Filipino Citizen (13G)Temporary Resident Visa (13A) Foreigners covered by Alien Social Integration Act of 1995 (RA 7919)Recognition as Filipino Citizen (RC / RFC)Permanent Resident (RA 7837)Non-immigrant visa holders who have stayed in the Philippines more than a year.Note: Non-immigrant visa holders who have stayed in the Philippines less than one year are not subject to pay the travel tax. The taxes paid will be divided among the Philippine Tourism Authority (PTA), the National Parks Development Committee (NPDC), the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA), Commission for Higher Education (CHED), and the General Fund of the National Government for government programs.Travel Tax Rates (in Pesos) First Class Passage Second Class PassageFull Rate 2,700 1,620Standard Reduced Rate 1,350 810Privileged Reduced RateFor Overseas Contract Workers’Dependents 400 300 Edited by Art2ro

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
. maybe what Tom was thinking of that as a Filipino you are required to have a ticket back to the Phils before you leave the Philippines
Very good point. When I took my wife to Hong Kong on vacation I had a return ticket for both of us. It was not until going through 'exit' immigration (emmigration?) that I was informed that they needed to see it because it is a requirement. First world citizens usually don't even think about such details.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
. maybe what Tom was thinking of that as a Filipino you are required to have a ticket back to the Phils before you leave the Philippines
Very good point. When I took my wife to Hong Kong on vacation I had a return ticket for both of us. It was not until going through 'exit' immigration (emmigration?) that I was informed that they needed to see it because it is a requirement. First world citizens usually don't even think about such details.
That's why I added this link to remind everyone of the "Follow-on Ticket Rule"! It pertains to all countries! A follow-on ticket is required for all tourists! http://nomadlaw.com/...ty-below-hades/

Mike S
Posted
Posted
while I was cooking my Tbone
Yea .... that's it Tom .... rub it in :lol: ...... I'm gonna send Dave's dog to ya so he don't have'ta eat chickens ...... he can eat your steak ..... ya wanker :mocking: ..... I hope it tasted terrible ...... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :mocking:
  • Like 1

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

Nathan hotel!!!!In the middle of everything, inexpensive. all that you need. Google it.

• Like 1