More Beauties Down South? Why?

bows00
Posted
Posted
(Without mentioning any dating site names) I will admit that I wrote to several women on a free Pen Pal site associated with a Christian orphanage and unwed mothers charity... Now obviously most of these women are looking for more than just pen pals but the ones I wrote to were the ones I thought might be nice to meet with a possibility of something maybe happening in the future. Only one I wrote with the idea of strictly being a pen pal simply as she was just soooo young! And in her pictures she looks even several years younger than she really is! All the others I wrote to were closer to my age and seemed to be very nice women but they just didn't have that something special inside I was looking for... I wasn't excited to be waiting for their next letters to arrive... No, that honour went to the one who I still thought was too young and was just my pen pal! I am now very happy to say that in a few more months I will be finally be able to meet her in person and, if the feelings continue as they are now for both of us, we will then take our time to prove one way or another to ensure that this is meant to be.The point I am trying to make is that if you really want to find somebody special, odds are she is somebody who won't fit into the categories we try to fit our ideal woman in!
You are falling into the typical American Society vs. Filippino Culture mentality. The bottom line is, men want young youthfull women - and that doesnt change where ever you live. It is society that dictates what is acceptable. And in the US, you will be frowned upon. So I hope you are living in the Philippines, or at least in the near future...

i am bob
Posted
Posted
(Without mentioning any dating site names) I will admit that I wrote to several women on a free Pen Pal site associated with a Christian orphanage and unwed mothers charity... Now obviously most of these women are looking for more than just pen pals but the ones I wrote to were the ones I thought might be nice to meet with a possibility of something maybe happening in the future. Only one I wrote with the idea of strictly being a pen pal simply as she was just soooo young! And in her pictures she looks even several years younger than she really is! All the others I wrote to were closer to my age and seemed to be very nice women but they just didn't have that something special inside I was looking for... I wasn't excited to be waiting for their next letters to arrive... No, that honour went to the one who I still thought was too young and was just my pen pal! I am now very happy to say that in a few more months I will be finally be able to meet her in person and, if the feelings continue as they are now for both of us, we will then take our time to prove one way or another to ensure that this is meant to be.The point I am trying to make is that if you really want to find somebody special, odds are she is somebody who won't fit into the categories we try to fit our ideal woman in!
You are falling into the typical American Society vs. Filippino Culture mentality. The bottom line is, men want young youthfull women - and that doesnt change where ever you live. It is society that dictates what is acceptable. And in the US, you will be frowned upon. So I hope you are living in the Philippines, or at least in the near future...
Sorry but I don't see your point. At first I didn't look at a possible relationship because of her age. And I don't want to have a relationship because of her young age but rather for the reason of the person she is. And I couldn't give a (bad word) what people in the US (or Canada) would say because impressing them doesn't take priority over my having the most perfect relationship with the woman who does matter in my life... That's the type of person I am - I do what I think is right for me and for those I care about. If somebody said I shouldn't fall in love with somebody from a country different than my own - to me that is the same argument. Now I agree that some men want to be with a younger woman because they think it make them look "better" but then they are also looking for someone for a reason other than love. And this will fit with what you said. But this isn't my situation at all!
  • Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I couldn't give a (bad word) what people in the US (or Canada) would say because impressing them doesn't take priority over my having the most perfect relationship with the woman who does matter in my life.
When I read bows00's post, I took is as sage words of wisdom about living in the Philippines rather than North America in the event you have a partner who is much younger.I say sage words because even if you do not give a rat's anus what other people think, she will. In North America people will be only too quick to inform her she is doing something 'wrong' whereas in the culture here it is not only 'not wrong' but it is considered wise to find someone who has already 'paid their dues' rather than someone who is scratching for pesos to pay the bills, (read that someone older if you like but it could mean any age who is financially secure).
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

This topic More Beauties Down South? Why?Internet dating here, http://philippines-expats.com/index.php?/forum/28-internet-dating/

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
I couldn't give a (bad word) what people in the US (or Canada) would say because impressing them doesn't take priority over my having the most perfect relationship with the woman who does matter in my life.
When I read bows00's post, I took is as sage words of wisdom about living in the Philippines rather than North America in the event you have a partner who is much younger.I say sage words because even if you do not give a rat's anus what other people think, she will. In North America people will be only too quick to inform her she is doing something 'wrong' whereas in the culture here it is not only 'not wrong' but it is considered wise to find someone who has already 'paid their dues' rather than someone who is scratching for pesos to pay the bills, (read that someone older if you like but it could mean any age who is financially secure).
,First off - bows00 - I believe I owe you an apology! I read my reply to your comments and I sound really harsh! That wasn't my intention but that's the way I came across! I don't know if it was because I was really tired (I crashed for the night right after) but it wasn't fair to you! Thanks to Dave for pointing that out to me... So, Sir bows00, my most sincere apologies for my inappropriate words! And thank you Dave! I had originally not understood the point bows00 was trying to make! You helped me realize I was being an (insert another bad word here) and to understand what I did not.
Well shipmate, I commend you for your courage to publicly apologize on this forum. You have exposed yourinner soul and it is good. Well done my friend!Anyway, perhaps someone could do some further research of the past Miss Philippines beauty contestsand see where most of the the top three ladies came from. Edited by Jake
korreck my Inglesh
  • Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Well shipmate, I commend for your courage to publicly apologize on this forum. You have exposed your inner soul and it is good. Well done my friend! Anyway, perhaps someone could do some further research of the past Miss Philippines beauty contests and see where most of the the top three ladies came from.
Oh, c'mon now Jake! My inner soul is pure evil!!! :devil: Oh, you said exposed! Like this? :1927_:Seriously, I will always ensure that, if I believe I have wronged somebody publicly, then I better apologise publicly. As for my inner soul? I won't hide what I feel for someone... I spent over a dozen years trapped in a marriage that should never have been and lying to everybody so that it was kept secret... Never again! Now I tell it how I feel. And I wanted to use my example to help others see that, even though my situation isn't exactly the same as theirs, the answer may be similar... That the answer may be right there in front of them but not the answer they thought it would be! Isn't that what life is all about?As for the Miss Philippines? It would be interesting but I wouldn't count on that to answer where the more beautiful women are located. Too much politics involved in getting that position to really answer the question honestly I think... Besides... Isn't the most beautiful woman suppose to be the one you love?Sometimes I'm just such a sappy guy! :tiphat:
  • Like 4

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yeah the relationship with a younger woman will be frowned upon by some in the west but as far as I'm concerned they can shove their attitudes and I'm sure my younger girlfriend will stand by me. That is why having someone that you truly love and believe loves you just as much is important, that you stand by each other in all situations. Anyway, although I'm in my 40's I still look young and have a young attitude, keep healthy and fit, you have to make some effort.

Edited by Adventurer
  • Like 3

sjp52
Posted
Posted
I joined cupid.com to meet Filipinas and noticed most of the very pretty girls are from Mindanao, Zamboanga City and Davao Regions. Now I understand that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but to me, there is an obvious difference. Has anybody noticed that too? Why is that?And it is such a shame, because I have no intensions of going there based on our US advisory on muslim terrorist in the area - what a bummer man!
I agree with your findings. When I was browsing pics on a site along time ago I could almost always tell when they were from Zamboanga City by their beauty. It was amazing how many there were. Luckely I found a beauty in CDO and married her
  • Like 4