Foreigners Hiding In The Philippines

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

Another poriner mug poured his life savings into a sexy young lady's pockets ?

And now ?  :no:

homeless.jpg

Edited by graham59
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Find out what happened to the former expat owner. 

She wasn't young anymore, I'd guess about 50, it's boring but I'm guessing the real answer is she was 30 years younger and he died of old age.

I will ask the neighbours after I am back in the phils if they know anything.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
On 5/4/2020 at 9:08 PM, Babysrealdad said:

I am presently in the philippines with my wifes family. I am in dismay about how this white guy lives nearby. He is hiding from someone for sure. He build his home inside a huge concrete wall. He built a very large garage door that slides sideways. This house is on two floors. The only door on the house is the big garage door. Not one window in the entire house. I tried to say hello one day and he ignored my presence. He has an old video camera facing across his garage door so he can see who may be invading his only entranceway. I thought this simply was someone with mental problems attempting to stay safe. After reading all these stories I am wondering exactly who is he and why is he in hiding? Certainly he is hiding from someone. He does have a philippino lady with him. The locals here told me that much. In this case I mind my own business but still wonder. If I build a house here I have nothing to hide and I NEED a window or two at least even if I have to Cover it with bars. I mean this guys house is 12 feet above ground level and no windows what do ever.

I'm a bit late to this thinking it was still the original topic.

The gentleman in question is undoubtably ex forum member Capa (not his real name). You described his bunker. According to Capa there's a labyrinth of passageways and chambers underground. You only see the small part above ground.

• Thanks 2
  • I'm Confused 1

AusExpat
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Old55 said:

The gentleman in question is undoubtably ex forum member Capa (not his real name). You described his bunker. According to Capa there's a labyrinth of passageways and chambers underground. You only see the small part above ground.

Well it worked out well in the last Rambo movie.

graham59
Posted
Posted
On 5/7/2020 at 8:36 AM, Old55 said:

Blimey... as I'd surmised.

Not as daft as I look, you see. :biggrin:

• Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

peterfe
Posted
Posted

I haven't had time to read all this thread and I don't know many other foreigners here, but I must say I've noticed a difference between here and another country with a lot of expats where I've been, Saudi Arabia. There, and generally in most places around the world, if you try to engage in small talk with a foreigner you don't know, they will normally answer you, smile and sometimes talk some more. Here I've found a number of foreigners make it quite clear in that situation that they don't want to talk to you, much less get to know you. Something to hide? I really don't know...

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, peterfe said:

I haven't had time to read all this thread and I don't know many other foreigners here, but I must say I've noticed a difference between here and another country with a lot of expats where I've been, Saudi Arabia. There, and generally in most places around the world, if you try to engage in small talk with a foreigner you don't know, they will normally answer you, smile and sometimes talk some more. Here I've found a number of foreigners make it quite clear in that situation that they don't want to talk to you, much less get to know you. Something to hide? I really don't know...

What you have experienced is common here and has been posted a number of times.  I have lived here for six years and during that time I have met seven foreigners who I enjoyed being with and would consider as friends.   Three from the USA, one each from England, Singapore, France, and Australia  Maybe for some reason the Philippines attracts more unsavory foreigners than other countries?  Or perhaps those that are more social move away?

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

peterfe
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Maybe for some reason the Philippines attracts more unsavory foreigners than other countries? 

This has no doubt also been mentioned many times here, but there are quite a few Filipinas (and Asian girls in general) who are very submissive and willing to put up with a lot more than most Western women. One of my partner's friends wanted to find a foreigner online and I asked her things like "Does it matter if he smokes?" "if he's not a Catholic?" "how old he is?", etc. and she just said "any, any!" So some men use this to their advantage and treat their wives/partners badly and don't want to get to know other foreigners who might have different views and spoil their little set-up. After all, you can go to the police and have someone deported for domestic abuse (we know a case).

• Like 5

Clermont
Posted
Posted
On 5/7/2020 at 10:36 AM, Old55 said:

The gentleman in question is undoubtably ex forum member Capa

JGF should be able to help you on his whereabouts, great mates, often drops him a line and brightens up his day. :hystery:

• Haha 3

Clermont
Posted
Posted

This topic interested me and I went back to the beginning, I'd already read most of the stories but the grey matter is not what it used to be. Anyway here in Oz we had a Royal Commission into banking last year and out of that, one of our banks was sprung laundering money for pedophilias in the PI. I don't mean the bank knew, but their was an account that the police had their eye on and some-one was making overseas deposits more than the allowable amount without being challenged. The bank looks like paying close to a billion $ fine for all their misdemeanor's, not only the pedophilias account, their was more.

Now what has this to do with this post, well less than ten years ago a bloke could give the missus a biffing or he could sexually abuse some-one, even sweet talk a young lass to come home with him from over-sea's, then give her the arse when he felt like it , and nought was said by the authorities. Ahha boys, not anymore, you've heard about these Asian summits, well that's what their all about, stopping germs like you blokes have written about from even getting abroad. Here in Oz you cant even get on an international flight if you have had a domestic violence order against you, your wasting your time if you have a sexual conviction and if you get a young sheila into Oz, she is your financial responsibility for two years.

Yes germs like what you's have written about, their days are numbered and their slowly being cleaned up from the Asian countries, that's why I wont give a foreigner a hand-out, PI's yes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1