Foreigners Hiding In The Philippines

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Babysrealdad said:

I mean this guys house is 12 feet above ground level and no windows what do ever.

Wow, serious thread necro magic...

Don't read too much into it. Nothing in your description sounds like hiding, or mental problems.  Almost everyone that can afford walls, builds walls - many with broken glass & barbed wire on the top. Security is a concern for most people here.  I do not have walls, but I do have wifi cams. 

Windows allow in noise & light also. Maybe he likes his aircon. I have 2 windows on my house and would happily block them in. They are useless to me.

• Like 3

MikeB
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Babysrealdad said:

I tried to say hello one day and he ignored my presence.

I don't blame him a bit. MYOB! You'll live longer.

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Babysrealdad said:

he ignored my presence.

Are you sure it's not me? I don't want to be bothered also. I'll say hi, but MYOB. :laugh:

• Haha 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Maybe he likes his aircon

And maybe he likes his privacy.:smile:

graham59
Posted
Posted

Maybe it's the entrance to a mysterious underground world, where 'moomoos' prowl..and he is blind, but knows every twist, turn,  subterranean river , entrance, and exit .  :89:

• Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Almost everyone that can afford walls, builds walls - many with broken glass & barbed wire on the top. Security is a concern for most people here. 

Our house is at the rear of the subdivision amongst a street of larger houses (by Philippine standards - mostly 2 or 3 story and all concrete on larger lots).

Behind the subdivision is another older (and much poorer) area and all of the houses in the street have some kind of wall to the rear and mostly between the houses as well.  Our rear wall is rendered concrete block about 10 foot high with broken glass concreted into the top of the wall and the side wall is the same (but the glass only goes a couple of feet along the side wall from the back). 

The front fence onto the more affluent street area is only about 6 foot high and is a mix of concrete post and metal bars (decorative but strong) and there is a solid metal gate with double padlocks. 

All of the ground floor windows have metal gratings (decorative styling but strong) over the windows to restrict access, the second floor windows have simpler metal gratings that can be opened from the inside if wanted.  The top floor has no gratings just windows.

Most of the houses in the street have something similar.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

Our rear wall is rendered concrete block about 10 foot high with broken glass concreted into the top of the wall and the side wall is the same (but the glass only goes a couple of feet along the side wall from the back). 

The front fence onto the more affluent street area is only about 6 foot high and is a mix of concrete post and metal bars (decorative but strong) and there is a solid metal gate with double padlocks. 

Hey Geoff

You have not told us what lurks in the moat? 

:laugh:

• Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Hey Geoff

You have not told us what lurks in the moat? 

:laugh:

I'm keeping the moat clear in case the ex visits... moat monsters are expensive so why not kill two birds with one stone!

• Haha 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

First thing I did (in 2015) was have an 8 foot wall built right around our property. 

'manofthecoldland' has already written a very good post as to WHY.  :thumbsup:

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1