Interesting .... Could This Involve A Foreigner Married To A Pilipina

Thomas
Posted
Posted

My wife has a grandfather who lives in Mindanao. For years he has been getting drunk and then hitting and threatening to kill a relative or a neighbor with large knife.  He has threatened to kill my wife's father a few times. If the Bill becomes law as its written now he could say he doesn't have a home and wants to live with us.  Either we let him live with us or my wife goes to prison for 6 years.

Well, he may not be around much longer anyway.  Recently the NPA contacted him and said if the majority of his victims vote to eliminate him the NPA will take him into the mountains and he won't be coming back.  They haven't asked for a vote yet but could at any time, maybe they will the next time he threatens to kill someone for no reason.

I have heared NPA do a good such work in (part of) Samar.

Your profile says "Cebu". Where at Cebu do you have that good NPA handling?  

(I think of where to settle down in rural area, so good to know where I can get some assistance with safety  :)

Americano
Posted
Posted

Thomas,

I was talking about NPA in Mindanao.  I don't now if any NPA are on Cebu.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Thomas,

I was talking about NPA in Mindanao.  I don't now if any NPA are on Cebu.

Oh sorry. I did read to bad  :)

Where in Mindanao?

(For me both Visayas and north Mindanao can be alternatives.)

Americano
Posted
Posted

NPA are in most of Mindanao but you also have to consider if extreme Muslim terrorist groups are in the area too.  The local people can tell you if there's a problem with Muslims in the area.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

There are pockets of NPA just about everywhere here in the Phils mountainous areas .... we have them here in Negros .... there are some in Samar and many other places .....  most but not all are engaging the police and military when they can and also kidnapping and extorting money form politicians .... IMHO ....  :cheersty: