Rich Girl Or Poor Girl

jode
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have to admit that sometimes i am envious of guys on this forum who say they have great and satisfying social experiences with their wives/gf's family. Some here even say they are satisfied with the social interaction with family and nieghbors and its all they need to be happy.

I assume these are guys who chose a woman from what is considered a rich family here. That is one whose members have college educations and good jobs in the community or else own a substantial business. A college education here usually means substantial english ability and the ability to get a better job and live in something besides a hut.

If you chose a poor girl, her family probably know little english, and maybe are more scattered between city and province and the chances of finding a satisfying social group to feel comfortable in with them are less. They will live in huts without comforts for social gatherings.

I couldn't blame anyone for rejecting poor girls for those with more education and well off families. It is one of those things like age and location that one should decide upon when deciding what woman can be the one for you to spend the rest of your life with, and thus where to look for love.

Edited by jode

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

it does not bother me, I have had more affluent girls finshing Uni but my current girl from a poor family is the girl of my dreams.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
If you chose a poor girl, her family probably know little english

some of them allow the poor family members to 'squat', on land they do not own. In short, the rich and the poor relations exist side by side in a fragile relationship, that seems to work.

Diitto here Dave, your post has similar rings to my wife's family. On this I can agree. and the beauty of it is, it works. No matter how strange or Funny it may sound, Why it works, I will never know, but That's Life. There life and I do not think it will ever change. No matter what we try and do or say :)

Jack P. :tiphat:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 5

jode
Posted
Posted (edited)
An educated Filipina from a family with the means to support themselves was my choice over fourteen years ago. Because we love each other.

The point is before a man decides to look for love maybe rich or poor is a consideration. Especially if he is going to move here and be amongst relatives of hers.

Edited by jode
  • Like 3

phildiver
Posted
Posted

I was once married into one of the most prominent families in the Country. They were absolutely the nicest, kindest and happiest people I have ever met. I screwed up the marriage but to this day I am still good friends with them. When I came to this Country for good in 05 I stayed with my ex wife and her husband and son. It was very cool and no jealousy issues at all. They have even embraced my current partner and our daughter. I met my partner online and it turns out she comes from a good family of upper middle class means (not rich but very okay). I think in general it would be very difficult for a typical expat to ever hook up with a girl from a truly rich family unless he too had assets. I mean it would be unlikely she would be online to meet in the first place so you'd have to meet them other ways. I don't think I could ever handle a poor girl and the family baggage that comes with it. Call me a snob but that's the way I feel. I have been coming here 30 years so I have a great understanding of this Country. Most expats that come here have none so being with a poor girl means nothing to them and they become so enamored and fall in love so easily so that doesn't appear to be an issue until of course the family starts with the asking for money.

• Like 4