Rich Girl Or Poor Girl

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well not sure if this is going off topic but I think not ...... some people mentioned LOVE quite a few times as apposed to money ..... well aside from in the Pollyanna movies true love doesn't happen at first sighting nor in my opinion happen by chatting on the internet ...... true love comes when you meet that person and live with them and develop together ..... this is because true love becomes stronger through trials ..... tribulations and daily interacting with each other ....... as a wise man once said "when I first met my wife I thought I loved her .... 10 years later I knew I did" ..... think about that a minute .....

So IMHO when you first hook up it is more of an infatuation and possibly a strong feeling than true love ..... that's way so many people .... again IMHO ...... tend to split ways after even 2-3 years because they had nothing to base their relationship on ..... sex is great .... don't get me wrong but if all your relationship is based on is sex or money what is going to happen when you get tired of the same old sex or the money runs out ..... cheat ..... find someone with more money.... or split up .... your only two choices .... but if you develop a true relationship with each other whether it it be with a rich or a poor partner it will last ...... so if it is a poor girl OR a rich girl OR a middle class lady you choose .... choose wisely ..... just remember you ain't no spring chicken anymore ..... and the opportunities for finding the best mate possible ain't getting any easier .... you need to build your relationship like you do a house ..... one brick at a time ..... and IMHO you will have true love ....

And now that will be 2500p from each of you for my analysis and sage like advise ...... (well you didn't think it would be free did you) ...... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 5

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

The point is, if you are lucky enough to meet a good women, (this is the Philippines so the chances are good), (it also depends on where you meet her sometimes) then it won't matter whether she comes from a well off family or not. As I say, if she is a good women then she will take control of her family if they are only after your money. Yes of course based on who you are and where you come from, you are considered to be rich and therefore can afford to help. There are very wise members here who will tell you, they do not provide for the extended family, as per an agreement with their partner before they got married.

Additionally the point is, if you can afford to help, then do so, if you can't then don't. Again, if you are with a good women she will understand that if you are spending all your money on her family, what is left for her and your potential children. One thing Filipina's are not and that is stupid!!!!

In regards to the age difference, bull....t! Yes I have been fortunate, and yes I previously made mistakes. But my wife is less than half my age, she was 19 when I met her, and you may call me blind, but I do believe she loves me, and I know it is not for my money, as there were times when we had none! and I do mean none! But she stayed with me, and we worked together to solve the problem.

Which is another positive about being lucky enough to be with a Filipina! No one works harder at making it work, no matter the circumstance.

Yes I believe I have been lucky, but it is not only my relationship that I base my comments on, but also those of other expats who have been fortunate enough to meet a good woman.

Rich or Poor, communicate honestly with your wife or g/f and the chances are it will work out fine. Respect her and her family, set rules to live by......, and enjoy life with the most beautiful, intelligent and sexy woman on earth!

Papa Carl

• Like 4

Mike S
Posted
Posted
You’re thinking logically ………… but LOVE is never logical ……………

Ah .. so ..... grasshopper ...... and now you have discovered the age old riddle of one thing that makes men and women different ...... men think and act with logic ...... where as women think and act with emotion ..... :mocking: ...... and just for YOU my Chinese wisdom is given for free ....... :tiphat: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Ah! But what is wrong with thinking that includes both logic and emotion?

:mocking:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
But what is wrong with thinking that includes both logic and emotion?

That has indeed been done. Example:

"Emotional, isn't she?" -- Spock

"She has always been so." -- Sarek

"Indeed. Why did you marry her?" -- Spock

"It seemed the logical thing to do at the time." -- Sarek (Journey To Babel)

• Like 4

• 4 months later...
Julia
Posted
Posted

There is a third choice, the middle class or average filipina.

Kind of like the story of goldilocks and the three bears. This porridge is too cold, this porridge is too hot, this porridge is just right.

With the average working class filipina there may not be as much desperation to land a foreigner, she may have some advanced education with better communication skills and may not yet be focused too much on material goods.

In a different thread I had mentioned how I quickly became soured to online dating. I changed my tactics for how I used the online dating websites and may have found a gem. She fits into that middle class or average filipina category and has not exhibited any of the gold digging or desperate for foreigner behaviors.

well said....

Julia
Posted
Posted

................... But the marriage survived, even when they were separated for more than 2x years as the husband has to worked abroad to earn better money. Infact, my friend managed to persuade her husband to come home and ditch the job as she rather have him home with the children and eat baked beans than eating roast beef alone. Her words by the way – not mine!

Ah, amazing love indeed, Ashanti!

Curley
Posted
Posted

It's not age or money but the lack of knowledge that really concerns me, conversation and discussion is very important to me and even with university educated Fillipinas I find their level of knowledge to be quite low.