Your Weekly Or Monthly Spend At The Supermarket ?

the Supermarket   

21 members have voted

1. 1. when you shop do you find it

• Enjoyable
    • An average experience
    • I rather have a root canal
    • I need to ask my mommy
    • My partner/wife does the shopping, I dont go.
  2. 2. Items you look for?

• I usually find them
    • when I cant find it, i get a substitute
    • its like a treasure hunt,sometimes its found ,other times nothing
    • I just go without
  3. 3. When you find a hard to obtain item do you?

• buy as many as i can so i wont go without
    • just buy what I need for now, maybe a few extra
    • buy enough for the present
  4. 4. Prices, do you find them?

• about average
    • average but some import items more expensive than back home
    • money is no object

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

What is the average amount you spend either weekly or monthly at the Supermarket?

and what store(s) do you usually use?

• Like 2

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

What is the average amount you spend either weekly or monthly at the Supermarket?

and what store(s) do you usually use?

Mostly use SM Supermarket. P8000-P10000 per month.
  • Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

We spend roughly last month 18553p but that included a 8000p trip to S&R ...... I don't break down the items by category in my budget when we buy in a grocery store especially a store like S&R unless it is appliances ..... so will say about the same as Steve ...... we shop in a number of stores ..... SM .... Ayala .... Robinsons .... sometimes Rustans ..... the one in E-Mall (forgot the name) ...... S&R and of course the local market .... this is of course monthly not weekly ..... :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 2

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

When I was in Cebu 2 1/2 weeks ago I did try Rustan's but not impressed (Too Expensive). I did however, like Metro. Had goodies from back home not found here in Bacolod.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

We are talking corn flakes..... Right?

• Like 5

i am bob
Posted
Posted

We are talking corn flakes..... Right?

Generic or Kellogg's?

:mocking:

I'd love to know what someone spends who uses mostly the market...!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

My wife shops for the household. She spends 3500 pesos a week and that will feed her and maid and 3 dogs and occasional guests. It also feeds me a bit but I like foreigner food so I spend an additional 8000 pesos a month in any store that I can find developed world goodies like milk, cheese, corn flakes, and the occasional steak. I find food to be my biggest expense. I watch the food receipts and budget very, very carefully because so many others say they can eat so cheap here and I am always wondering why I can't. But then, I have visited friends who have learned to eat the filipino way and I see how they can do it. Lots of rice and veggies and very little meat. When they do get meat it is stuff we would use for bait or dog food back in the world. Sorry to the guys who eat cheap but that's honestly how I see it. I wish I could save money on my food bill but it just ain't gonna happen :unsure:

ps, the wife's grocery budget includes toilet paper, facial tissue, soaps and shampoo so it is not only the edible stuff. Edible stuff only would cause a reduction to 2K to 2500 Pesos per week.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 4

Bundy
Posted
Posted

My wife shops for the household. She spends 3500 pesos a week and that will feed her and maid and 3 dogs and occasional guests. It also feeds me a bit but I like foreigner food so I spend an additional 8000 pesos a month in any store that I can find developed world goodies like milk, cheese, corn flakes, and the occasional steak. I find food to be my biggest expense. I watch the food receipts and budget very, very carefully because so many others say they can eat so cheap here and I am always wondering why I can't. But then, I have visited friends who have learned to eat the filipino way and I see how they can do it. Lots of rice and veggies and very little meat. When they do get meat it is stuff we would use for bait or dog food back in the world. Sorry to the guys who eat cheap but that's honestly how I see it. I wish I could save money on my food bill but it just ain't gonna happen :unsure:

ps, the wife's grocery budget includes toilet paper, facial tissue, soaps and shampoo so it is not only the edible stuff. Edible stuff only would cause a reduction to 2K to 2500 Pesos per week.

Php 20,000 a month! Wow, glad i don't have your appetite, i'd be bankrupt quick :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well using only my example I don't eat rice ... potatoes ... bread .... pasta or any other carbohydrates (my asawa does) ..... I have meat at every meal .... pork .... chicken ... fish .... steak (S&R) or local beef ...... my asawa cooks the traditional Philippine dishes with the exception of no salt or sugar ..... salt and Splenda (sugar substitute) are provided at the table ..... I don't eat junk foods (she does .... :hystery: ) ..... I drink tons of water and 2 cups of coffee a day .... no beer or soda ..... for a snack I have cheese or boiled eggs or chicharone (Lapids) with a bit of cream cheese .....

All of our meats ... chicken or fish comes from the market along with some vegetables ..... we only spend about 900p to 1200p per week in the grocery stores unless we go to S&R (once per month) ...... but there again except for Splenda ..... cheeses .... mayonnaise ..... sausage links or patties .... other than that I don't eat foreign foods .....

So yea it can be done and without to much trouble ...... but if you are picky and have no desire to eat local type foods yes it can be VERY difficult to eat cheaply here ..... oh ... almost forgot we only eat out once per week ......

Anyway that's how we do it ...... just for anyone's information ...... and no ..... no cornflakes and milk ...... :mocking: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: and with all of the above I'm still a bit chubby ..... :th_unfair: :tiphat: ......

JJR ....... excellant point we never go with out a shopping list .... I always tease my asawa and say "where is that on the list ...... if it ain't there you can't have it" ...... but I'm always over-ruled .....

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 2