New Philippines Street Kids Charity

jode
Posted
Posted (edited)
Let me ask you if you would not donate to these kids based on their sexual preferences?

I would have nothing to do with a charity, who felt the need to distinguish worthiness for help, based on the sexual orientation of the children it wants to help. And i would not accept money to help from those who are only willing to give it to a child with particular sexual characteristics.

Edited by jode

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Jode,Positive action like Bruce's. is to be commended, seeds thrown wild, will just grow in the wild, good pictures, with a meaning, will get far better response than words coming from a smacked hand. I wonder what others, comments would be, if you started a charitable cause for Big Boobed girls. To me, your Posts are now empty words based on a Pointless issue, as it is YOU, that can't see wood for trees, If you have something like a Charitable cause, to tell us about, tell us about it and Stop this attack on what a lot here i am sure, think is a good cause. You may not think it is a good cause but this is your choice, I think if I was the owner of this site, I would certainly close the Thread, before it gets any more out of hand Bruce, will I am sure, continue with his Project and unhindered by this Load of Codswallop. You infer, posting while having a beer or two, I wonder how many you have had today? The beauty of this forum is freedom of expression, at this time, it seems only Your interpretation is the one to be heard. :tiphat: normally, I follow your posts with some pleasure but these last few, have given me food for thought about your sincerity to normal life.Jode that is a shame :unsure:

Regards, a slightly unsettled Jack P. :)

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
it was a farce jollygoodfellow WOW lol Looking at something from a differant angle in order to understand the implications of it. But thats ok, I understand maybe you are not a very literate fellow and perhaps are more of a hands on tech guy. Nothing wrong with that, I wish I was also. I just have this thing where I like to think things through and look at it from all sides . I am glad i write mainly to keep that part of my brain active and not to win points here because i would be frustrated if i did. But go ahead jollygoodfellow take the time to break down my post u disliked and explain to me why it is so much worse an idea than bruces is. Take your time and think it through. Write each word carefully perhaps so your meaning would be clear even to a beered up and skimming through expat. Unlike perhaps mine was. Please make that effort so we can see the reasons explained in detail for your displeasure. And the great contrasts between the ideas discussed, his being so admirable and mine so despicable. If you are unwilling to make that effort then please don't dismiss those who are willing, but who which you can't understand. Don't dismiss it with a pic or a quick saying, or a little sentance of dismisal, but instead please make a greater effort to show how my idea written in jest is so much worse than bruces written in all seriousness.

Let me tell you, attacking me will get one swift kick out the door.

I don't give a shit who you are or what you say or what the fuck you think about me but you picked the wrong night to start shit with me.

Thank you Jake for your efforts to diffuse this situation but I wont be treated like shit on my own forum.

So Jode whats it going to be?

Its obviousness you are anti gay and cant see the forest from the trees.

No I don't regret my post here either.

• Like 5

jode
Posted
Posted
it was a farce jollygoodfellow WOW lol Looking at something from a differant angle in order to understand the implications of it. But thats ok, I understand maybe you are not a very literate fellow and perhaps are more of a hands on tech guy. Nothing wrong with that, I wish I was also. I just have this thing where I like to think things through and look at it from all sides . I am glad i write mainly to keep that part of my brain active and not to win points here because i would be frustrated if i did. But go ahead jollygoodfellow take the time to break down my post u disliked and explain to me why it is so much worse an idea than bruces is. Take your time and think it through. Write each word carefully perhaps so your meaning would be clear even to a beered up and skimming through expat. Unlike perhaps mine was. Please make that effort so we can see the reasons explained in detail for your displeasure. And the great contrasts between the ideas discussed, his being so admirable and mine so despicable. If you are unwilling to make that effort then please don't dismiss those who are willing, but who which you can't understand. Don't dismiss it with a pic or a quick saying, or a little sentance of dismisal, but instead please make a greater effort to show how my idea written in jest is so much worse than bruces written in all seriousness.

I don't give a sh&t who you are or what you say or what the ?????? you think about me but you picked the wrong night to start sh&t with me.

Thank you Jake for your efforts to diffuse this situation but I wont be treated like sh&t on my own forum.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Good reply, maybe I'm not very literate?

jode
Posted
Posted

I don't give a sh&t who you are or what you say or what the ?????? you think about me but you picked the wrong night to start sh&t with me.

Thank you Jake for your efforts to diffuse this situation but I wont be treated like sh&t on my own forum.

lol well its what i expected from you. I didn't think you were up for the effort of rational debate. Instead using a macho power play to get rid of those who challenge you, because it is easier. No sense wasting my time here anymore. Tried to make posts of some substance to keep this forum going but will leave it to die and take my ideas elsewhere, like others who dared put thought in their posts have before me.

Leave you guys to your affirmation style here and no longer trouble you with manly debate. Sadly you don't have the balls for it. Don't like having to walk on eggshells with the delicate and sensitive, I travel better in tougher and less restricted circles. Get away from the women more guys. They are turning you into one.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

lol well its what i expected from you. I didn't think you were up for the effort of rational debate. Instead using a macho power play to get rid of those who challenge you, because it is easier. No sense wasting my time here anymore. Tried to make posts of some substance to keep this forum going but will leave it to die and take my ideas elsewhere, like others who dared put thought in their posts have before me.

Leave you guys to your affirmation style here and no longer trouble you with manly debate. Sadly you don't have the balls for it. Don't like having to walk on eggshells with the delicate and sensitive, I travel better in tougher and less restricted circles. Get away from the women more guys. They are turning you into one.

That's what you expected of me,, hmm I guess you have about 5 different id's on this forum and every other too,trolls they are called.

A rational debate, hmm you did not answer if you were anti gay?

• Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

Heated discussion is good and expected. I think Jode should remain and everyone continue the dialogue, but with increased civility from everyone posting. The website and the subject matter is bound to be controversial and stir strong emotions.

Is there a way to inform both Evangelical Christians and Gays & Lesbians advocacy groups about the website? This is a serious request. Fanning the flames of controvery will be helpful in achieving the ultimate goal, which is helping street children and poor families in the Philippines who need help. I was also thinking of the local media in Samar, national media in the Philippines, and eventually global media like CNN. It is a step-by-step process. Those summer interns at CNN spend 10 to 12 hours a day looking for potentially interesting materials, which they pitch during weekly meetings with the various show producers.

Their main source is reading local media stories. I liked the one about a little boy whose unemployed father was diagnosed with cancer. So he put up a lemonade stand to raise money. A neighbor alerted the local newspaper. Politicians started showing up to donate a few dollars and pose for a picture with the boy (good PR move). Everyone knows what happens after CNN ran the story. I don't think it ran in CNN International because the lemonade stand idea is a bit more difficult to explain.

The sooner this topic or links to the website go viral, the sooner Bruce gets the funding to help Samar's poor children. By the way, Samar is considered one of the poorest provinces in the Philippines.

Edited by JJR
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Heated discussion is good and expected. I think Jode should remain and everyone continue the dialogue, but with increased civility from everyone posting. The website and the subject matter is bound to be controversial and stir strong emotions.

Is there a way to inform both Evangelical Christians and Gays & Lesbians advocacy groups about the website? This is a serious request. Fanning the flames of controvery will be helpful in achieving the ultimate goal, which is helping street children and poor families in the Philippines who need help. I was also thinking of the local media in Samar, national media in the Philippines, and eventually global media like CNN. It is a step-by-step process. Those summer interns at CNN spend 10 to 12 hours a day looking for potentially interesting materials, which they pitch during weekly meetings with the various show producers.

Their main source is reading local media stories. I liked the one about a little boy whose unemployed father was diagnosed with cancer. So he put up a lemonade stand to raise money. A neighbor alerted the local newspaper. Politicians started showing up to donate a few dollars and pose for a picture with the boy (good PR move). Everyone knows what happens after CNN ran the story. I don't think it ran in CNN International because the lemonade stand idea is a bit more difficult to explain.

The sooner this topic or links to the website go viral, the sooner Bruce gets the funding to help Samar's poor children. By the way, Samar is considered one of the poorest provinces in the Philippines.

I believe Bruce is working on marketing and is probably asleep by now so he can reply when ever.

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hello JJR,

Fortunately, Jode was immediately BANNED due to his blatant disrespect of personally attacking JGF!

But your idea to continue discussing this noble cause is noteworthy.

Bruce -- I really admire your patience during these recent back and forth bickering. Knowing you, I'm

sure you wanted to go three rounds with the guy......he, he.

• Like 4