New Philippines Street Kids Charity

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

What is going on ? banning jode fpr voicing a well thought out argument . Bruce has his heart in the right place but I also don,t believe helping one child over another because of sexuality .

Gays in the RP are not treated badly in fact from my experiences most don,t care at all if your gay. The only qualifier should be your poor or hungry . To value one child more than another is just wrong . Jodes post on his choice of who needs help just points out this unfair policy . A forum is a place for debate and at times things get heated because of a passion for the subject.

JGF he asked you to debate him , to reply to his post in detail . I,m disappointed you just banned him instead of debating his thoughts . I mean really what did he say so bad that was a banning offence ?

IMO Bruce is just pandering to the Gay community back in the west for money and I really don,t mind if that helps him raise money for the needy .

Its just once the money is in his hands I hope he does not differentiate between two hungry kids because of there sexuality .

I have seen your work Bruce and you deserve to be treated with respect and admiration ( anonymous donation to follow ) JGF maybe it was a bad day but dude maybe you need to rethink your banning

• Like 1

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

I,m just glad I,m not the one who has to say sorry kid your not gay enough to help .

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

OK, I am back on.... Several thoughts from different posts.

Criteria (SPL??) Got to have it. You apply for a college grant or scholarship... you must meet that scholarship's criteria. There was a movie 20 years ago about a white kid trying to get into Harvard (I think) and he applied for a scholarship for black students after all other efforts failed. He got the scholarship and then the rest of the story was about he tried and failed to act black and it was a comedy based on that. C. Thomas Howell??? Maybe the actor?

Chasing the money? SURE I am. I live in Ft. Lauderdale Florida, the 3rd largest gay population in the US. Safe to say I have met a few gays.... 'They' own nice houses and have jobs and pay taxes. One thing most do not have are KIDS. Most have extra cash because they don't have KIDS to drain their wallets. I would like some of that cash for the charity.....

Good Christians??? Well there are some that say that is an oxymoron when logic and common sense is thrown out the window. I personally remember a red headed female doc in the ER trying to PUSH a dead baby back up inside MOM in a crazy effort to 'save' the baby... she was saying something about god's will..... Anyway..... once the web site is the way we want it and things are set, CNN would be quite welcome to contact me. Not only am I OK with them asking questions, I would be glad to go on camera and tell the world about 'I will take anyone's money and apply as needed. Gay or not, no matter to me. Hungry is hungry. I have no problem with some 'preacher' condemning me to his hell, as long as it is on camera and broadcast all over the US. The more screaming on camera, the better. I want to be like a stock broker! A stock broker makes money when the market goes up or down. You make money, he makes money, you loose money, he makes money..... So with any anti gay street kid protests, it helps make the gay community angry and the charity may benefit.

While the charity only takes 10% of donations to cover bank fees (you already know about sending money to the Philippines) and what is left to pay for gas and rice and small bills here in the Philippines. I still need those generic donations with no strings attached to help a wider number than gay boys here on Samar. Those donations will also come from many who want to help but not be involved in the actual dealings of the charity.

Lets not forget about PARENTS! Most all gays have them. Now maybe mom and dad are older and they might want to take a more proactive stance in helping younger gays... I have a now dead aunt who was born in 1932. Treated me great. But a real negative stern old deep in the closet lesbian she was, who was a victim of the times. If she had been born 30 years later, her life and experiences would have been far more positive..... Many parents of gays see this as true in their lives.... Now they have a (somewhat) 2nd chance in helping the lives of these gay kids.

Lets talk about that hungry part a bit more..... I classify money as wasted money and well spent money. Wasted money is for food and medicine. GOT TO HAVE IT, but once spent, it is gone, never to be seen again and in a few hrs hunger comes back or there is another medicine need arrising. So I try to spend as less as possible for food and medicine. Just enough to get the job done. Now about well spent money. I have paid for 3 boats to be built now and fishing nets and related equipment. Those boats are 'well spent money' because each boat will support multiple families. Give work to several men each. Will last for years and provide a high return on investment via fish / money from fish sales to the families who work the boats.

Well spent money is also for school related funds. Sure the money is 'GONE' but then rather than a stupid petty criminal as the kid grows up, you get a kid who has the basic skills to get a job. Maybe not a lawyer or doctor or CPA... but a store clerk or call center employee who is now able to work and feed themselves and family ALL because they had someone pay for their school fees.

So the new 'gay' thing is nothing more than a 'hook' to provide cash for the charity. I sure hope it works......

I am changing the name of the website to reflect the charity somewhat to lessen any thoughts that is is a sex site. It is NOT a sex site at all. If you have the time and REALLY want to see what is going on and how without outside help, there is no future for most of these boys... go to the web site.

www. gaystreetkids .org I broke it up for spam troll reasons. In the next day or so the name will have changed a bit. But once you are on the site, in the upper right side click on the FEATURED link and see one of the actual kids who has asked the charity for help.

Sure there is a possiblity of some pedophile trying to make contact, but then I and the volunteers at the charity internet cafe are here...... If the charity does not do anything for the gays... nothing gets done. If we do something, with reasonable precautions... then a lot of good can be accomplished....

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 4

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I wanted to add, that is all my parents fault! I am not to blame here. What do you expect me to grow up as when I was subjected to parents who, never once in my memory ever said anything negative about gays...... And I had a gay cousin who died of AIDS back in the 1980's, and there was (1) openly gay kid who was about 5 years older than me in my neighborhood. While we were in different social groups due to age differences, I have no memories of anyone in my social group making fun of him or attacking him. We all knew each other and his being gay was not an issue for us... he was of no value to us actually because we were too busy trying to score with the girls..... LOL

Being named Bruce subjected me to cartoons in magazines about Bruce the florist or hair dresser and then when I became a nurse, THAT certainly did not help in my macho image.... hehehehehe

Back in the US I am classified as (yes! I have a label!) 'gay friendly' which I suppose means that I am a well rounded tolerant person of the gay lifestyles. While it is not for me, I am not going to get involved in any gay bashing or anti gay stances. To each his own. Years ago I would have said that gays are great, because it meant more women for me.... but now at past 50, I will let the younger generation chase the women. I will just sit back and wait for one to trip .... easier on my back that way.

Anyway I only meant to post a charity update here, not to open some debate on the gay issues..... Sorry for any flaming or debates problems.

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I,m just glad I,m not the one who has to say sorry kid your not gay enough to help .

But then he would be eligible for support from the parent charity, Philippines Basic Needs Outreach Program.

Cant you see that no kid misses out if in need or there is a way to help them. The new site comes under the umbrella of of the parent charity and as said before, this is more to do with marketing to gain a few dollars to at least try to help someone.

If someone runs a charity for the blind I bet they don't give to the deaf but Bruce is running two charity's which really cover all kids.

http://gaystreetkidscharity.org http://www.philippinebasicneeds.com

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
CalvinJSmith
Posted
Posted

Hi Everyone,

I had a hard time reading all of this, specifically because of the rants. I see a lot of support for Bruce's goal. I am a dual American/Canadian, in a 21 year relationship with my partner Dave and about to start an expat assignment in Manila, Philippines. Overall, I am impressed by Bruce's plan and recognize that he "Acted" on this idea. We are all biased in one way or another and it seems to me that Bruce is focusing in one area that globally is taking center stage in politics and society today, regardless of country. I gather that If he helps only one child and/or young adult (gay or not) the impact would felt be across many people and generations.

We all have gone through tough times in our lives and most people have their own set of unique challenges. I feel fortunate that, David and I, together, succeeded through our set of challenges and want to give back evenif only a little. Mentoring is important to us and one idea my partner and I had is to support one gay youth through college while on our assignment in the Philippines. We both went to college later in life and know the value this has made to our lives. We have not decided on the who's or the how's, and we haven't thought too far into criteria but we know that we are interested in supporting our gay brothers and sisters. So good going Bruce!! Maybe we will run into each other some day.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
tiger31
Posted
Posted

whilst i applaud what bruce is trying to do and have looked at his website ,I believe his time should be spent educating the parents of these poor kids about why are they having children they cannot afford to feed .all he is doing is peeing on a wild wire with no hope of turning things around .maybe he should start up a family planning clinic in a predominetly catholic country that would definately attract attention of the media .until the catholic church changes their possision on contraceptive issues millions of kids will remain poor and hungry with food prices set to soar due to recent weather paterns causing crop failure things are going to get worse .just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

tiger31
Posted
Posted

whilst i applaud what bruce is trying to do and have looked at his website ,I believe his time should be spent educating the parents of these poor kids about why are they having children they cannot afford to feed .all he is doing is peeing on a wild wire with no hope of turning things around .maybe he should start up a family planning clinic in a predominetly catholic country that would definately attract attention of the media .until the catholic church changes their possision on contraceptive issues millions of kids will remain poor and hungry with food prices set to soar due to recent weather paterns causing crop failure things are going to get worse .just my 2 cents.

on a side note to this topic is the main reason i will not donate to charities is because of the 6 figure salaries the chief execs pay themselves google it and you will be amazed for yourselves how much money these guys are on. the way i donate is to buy the food myself and hand it direct to the kids that way you know every peso you donate is going to the kids direct.
  • Like 1