What Airlines Do You Guys Prefer?

buttercup1984
Posted
Posted

What airlines have you guys used that you liked? Do you look for comfort, good customer service, amenities (AC Power, personal TV, WiFi, etc) or cheap price?

I have been in different international airlines travelling to manila. I'm tall 5'8" so i definitely look for comfort in seats and cheap price. Eva airlines so far gave me that. Any input?

earthdome
Posted
Posted
What airlines have you guys used that you liked? Do you look for comfort, good customer service, amenities (AC Power, personal TV, WiFi, etc) or cheap price?

I have made three trips in the last year.

The first trip my return trip had a plane change at an airport in China. That resulted in me having to get my checked luggage, go through Chinese immigration/customs, then recheck my bag. Also my flights used Terminal 1 at NAIA where almost all international flights arrive/depart. So more of a pain going through customs, etc. Plus if you are meeting someone, it isn't easy at Terminal one since they push greeters all the way out to the parking lot. What a PITA.

Since then I have used United and their Star Alliance partner ANA, a Japanese airline that has a plane change in Tokyo and uses the new NAIA Terminal 3. I actually got the best price on my most recent visit by booking the flight directly on the United website rather than through some online

booking website like hotwire. Terminal 3 is very nice, you can be greeted inside the terminal by family when you arrive, and since only one airline has international flights there the customs/immigration processing is fast. Plus my baggage to NAIA was booked all the way through, on the return I had to get my baggage and go through customs at the first US airport before my connecting flight to my home.

I look for price and have been able to get low prices with United/ANA. Someone else just posted the $760US roundtrip flight from Seattle to NAIA. Which was the flights I had on my last trip. The amenities were fine on both legs of that flight. ANA provides very good service.

TheMason
Posted
Posted

I flew Cathay Pacific on my last trip and they've won me as a customer for future trips. Service was excellent and the planes were very comfortable. I used to fly PAL based on cost and supporting the national carrier, but there service is terrible and I've had delays of 3+ hours and lost luggage on my last 2 flights with them.

johnb
Posted
Posted (edited)

I like to fly with Nigerian Airlines, make sure you book early to get a good seat though. :thumbsup:

I used Nigerian airlines once, it wasn't so much the seats being a problem, but having to use an outside toilet [ CR] was a real pain.

Edited by johnb
  • Like 5

tiger31
Posted
Posted

as post 3 for me cathay pacific did,nt feel a bump in the air only one and a half hour stop over arrived at midday absolutley perfect .ive flown quatar and asiana both were also good but much longer connection times .

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

Eva air premium economy is great. Qatar is usually my first choice if I go business class

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I'm another one to give a thumbs up to Cathay Pacific. So much so that I convinced my mother to come visit on Cathay Pacific.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I'm another one to give a thumbs up to Cathay Pacific. So much so that I convinced my mother to come visit on Cathay Pacific.

That's a nice place to meet up with your mother on a plane. Sort of like having the catering for dinner all done for you while you chat and sight see from the window. :tiphat:

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I really like EVA for their service and the seating. Top rate!

My other fav is Cathay Pacific... Their prices seem to always beat anybody else's around (Toronto to Cebu) and are quite good for service on other flights I have taken with them. As this is the airline I am probably going to use on my move over, I'll let you know how the seats are for me then. I may only be 6 feet tall but I am very broad in the shoulders. I"ve been bumped up to a higher class at no cost a few times as people can't get into their seats beside me... hehe!