Posted
Posted
Change is inevitable except from ... a vending machine? :hystery:

:D :D :D :D

• 1 month later...
Angel1403
Posted
Posted

But when you are retired living on a pension only, the family will realise you can't always afford to help, that's why they also need to get jobs etc and not just rely on "you" for handouts ;-) We have already told the family once I retire their monthly allowance stops.

Of course we will still give them gifts etc when we can afford. However, the monthly allowance will stop as no way we can afford so much on just my works pension....not rocket science hehe

you cannot help everyone, i have said that one day i may need help also, so you have just got to make sure that who you are helping needs it, not for a car, yes we have been asked for that and we will pay you back when we can, emergencies health those to me are the important things to help, also remember they managed well before i or you came along the way too

Did they ? Many deaths in the Philippines could have been avoided if not for a lack of funds. Many Filipinos suffer because they don,t have the means to help themselves, When the time comes when your Philippines family needs help you will have to make that decision to help or not.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

you cant afford to stay in england on just your work pension

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Or the US. That is why I am moving overseas. I may not be rich over there but if I stayed here I would be homeless... or working at least 6 months after I die.

BTW I just quit work today... moving soon! :tiphat:

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Or the US. That is why I am moving overseas. I may not be rich over there but if I stayed here I would be homeless... or working at least 6 months after I die.

BTW I just quit work today... moving soon! :tiphat:

Congrats! I hope your move goes as well as mine has so far.

stevewool
Posted
Posted

quit work, thats a brave move but could be the best move you have ever made, i wish you all the best for what ever future that comes your way, i dont have the funds yet to do this, yes if push comes to shove things may be differant, but all the plans we have made for the future is all coming together just nice,

Angel1403
Posted
Posted

So true but much easier with no mortgage and def easier to do it in Phily hehe

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
"i love you honey but i don't trust you attitude"
I used to feel that way until my two exes cleaned me out. In hindsight I was pretty naive. Now I say: "I love you honey but I know what I can trust you for"
  • Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

love is blind indeed, but truth be known i do love my Ems, all that i have will be hers one day, but since being burnt by my ex i wont get burnt again, thats why i will always have my own bank account and i will always know where the last penny is too, its not a case of not trusting someone, its a case off knowing what you have ,no one wants to break up but it happens, there are lots of signs to say something is wrong so always watch out for them before its too late,there is some great advice on here, i have taken some in that i never even thought about

• Like 2