I would say it's our money but the last word is mine

And I would say: What money? You think I have money? :hystery: :hystery: :no:

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Mike S,

Actually, I would say it's our money but the last word is mine :mocking:

when i said i hold the purse strings i ment thats what i earn, we talk about what we need or dont need, i try to put her of saying we dont need it and yes sometimes she gets it and sometimes she dont, its all about comprimise
  • Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
Yes there are too many variants which need to be known before anyone can answer a question about this fully.

:) Sure is! Like What is the cost of beer in the Area you would like to live in? :mocking: sorry could not resist this. BTW, Gasoline has gone down 5/6 peso a liter in Dumaguete. We now have some competition on the Fuel Front, a lot of new service stations all plying for the take.

OK! OK! I will get my coat :tiphat:

post-2148-0-41781000-1352346315_thumb.jp

Every time I have visited Dumaguete all the petrol stations charge the same price. Of course it is not price fixing it is just coincidence. Beer here is from p20 to p45 for SMB
  • Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Every time I have visited Dumaguete all the petrol stations charge the same price. Of course it is not price fixing it is just coincidence. Beer here is from p20 to p45 for SMB

In petrol "price wars" it's common when one lower the price, then competitors follows to not lose customers.

Perhaps beer buyers aren't that price sensitive? :)

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Well said Kaku, I do believe that many people take the "Live like a King on $1,000" too literally. If it was an ordinary Fillipino on 3,000 to 6,000 Pesos a month salary then THEY could live like a King on $1,000 a month, but the average Westerner? NO! To my mind the biggest single difference between a middle income Fllipino and a Westerner is the standard of accommodation that is acceptable.

What we all need to remember is the, "Live like a king" on $1000 a month came about maybe ten years or more ago when forums started to emerge. Now to this day people are still quoting it so the average intelligence should tell ones self that a new method of arithmetic is required for today's standards. Costs have increased. Someone once used the Cornflakes method to compare costs but he is slightly snap crackle and pop these days so I would not count on that at all. Anyway think about it, could you live on the same income you had 10 years ago and be just as comfortable with the same costs outlay today?

• Like 4

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
Perhaps beer buyers aren't that price sensitive?

"You simply drink until you show a profit."

• Like 1

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted (edited)

JGF is right!

Nothing stays the same ever. Otherwise, we wouldn't be asking for 'inflation' increase here?

Actually, you wouldn't want it to be either!

Hey, Change is inevitable except from ... a vending machine? :hystery:

Edited by Dr. Cockroach
  • Like 5

Curley
Posted
Posted
What we all need to remember is the, "Live like a king" on $1000 a month came about maybe ten years or more ago when forums started to emerge.

Yes, one of the big problems with the internet is that content is rarely dated so that anyone starting to use the net or searching a new topic, has no idea how old the content is.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

In petrol "price wars" it's common when one lower the price, then competitors follows to not lose customers.

Perhaps beer buyers aren't that price sensitive? :)

After a few you forget anyway
  • Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
What we all need to remember is the, "Live like a king" on $1000 a month came about maybe ten years or more ago when forums started to emerge.

Yes, one of the big problems with the internet is that content is rarely dated so that anyone starting to use the net or searching a new topic, has no idea how old the content is.

the best thing is to work out how much it cost you to live where ever you are then save like mad, try to keep a income coming in and just get over there for a holiday and that way you may have some ideas of the cost of living, also talk to lots like on here and always listen to the family that live there too, just my thoughts, also if you are a little tight living here that will help
  • Like 1