...enjoy A Low Cost Of Living In Asia

tiger31
Posted
Posted
not sure who was responsible for torching the buses .I believe the N.P A is also active on the island although they usually don,t bother the foreigners .most of the investments are going on pangalo anyway and not bohol itself but I liked the new roads that are getting built nice and wide but with very little traffic on them .what sort of business are you setting up thomas ?

I have heared NPA attack foreign MINING companies, but that's at Mindanao, have never heared of any guerilla activities at Bohol. Has there been any?

Yes, lucky it's so litle traffic, when the roads are so narrow :hystery:

Concerning my business ideas, they are only at research level yet. They are so many so I better not write them here destroying the topic :) (Most probably it will be something within developing, energy saving and/or refining agricultural products they grow there already.)

If you really meant Bohol then it sounds like the same kind of place I am at now with cheaper land.

Except for Tagbilaran and Panglao, the land prices are very low at Bohol. 20-40p/sq meter are common outside cities.

Some examples: 140p/m2 for land with own sand beach!!! (50p for an other beach land, with big fish pond and rice field, but that one is to wet to be a good place to build house at.) 25p with ocean view from inland hill suiting to build house at. I have even seen an ad asking only 8p for inland I like, but this one is to big to afford for me :boohoo: :)

if those prices are correct about land then i,ll have to come and have a scout around lol It would be a good investment although i,ve just bought a place in bacolod city .I have always wanted a beach property but thought the prices would be out of my range .

Thomas
Posted
Posted
if those prices are correct about land then i,ll have to come and have a scout around lol It would be a good investment although i,ve just bought a place in bacolod city .I have always wanted a beach property but thought the prices would be out of my range .

That's the ones I have seen in ADS at ayosdito or sulit. There are even lower prices, specialy when owner want to sell fast (for urgent needs or when they move abroad.) 15p/m2 is common in hills or rough forests. A kano told he bought land for 2p/m2, but I don't know where that was.

The ocean one with sand beach is in Talibon some kilometers northwest of the city.

The ocean one with fish pond and rice field is in Ubay.

Them with ocean view from inland hills/mountains are several e g in Talibon, and along the south coast too.

The government made a rice project in Ubay building damm and irrigating the fields aiming at making Bohol a sourse of rice to cover need in other parts of the Philippine. (I believe they go on in other places still). They sold good rice land for 40p/m2, but maximum 1 hectare per Filipin family, but counting grown up children as own, so some families has much more than 1 hectare (E g I saw one having 11 hectare.)

(My gf bought irrigated rice land for her savings from work short before we got contact, but she don't know how big it is :) so I don't know sq meter price, but I guess around 40p/m2 for that too.)

I would have been interested myself, if this

http://sulit.com.ph/4504378

had been more away from public road and neighbours (but it's rather far from neighbours). It has been a doctor station for a mining company, but now they close it. 1+ hectare sand beach land at the south coast, the house seem to be in rather good shape. They don't say size of house, but I estimate it to 150-180 m2 INSIDE. 2.5 mill asked price totaly.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
It has been a doctor station for a mining company

There ya go. A person could hire his own doctor and nurses and be all set up. Interesting that it is listed on a stupid website. I don't mean the sulit site. I mean the one that it leads to that they advertise. I went to the site to see what other stuff is available and the first thing I get, while I am quietly surfing at night and others are sleeping, is some jazzed up techno disco music coming from the site. Thats as far as I went. Click. Didn't even wait for the pics to download. Just Click. Shut up. Turn off. Idiots.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
It has been a doctor station for a mining company

There ya go. A person could hire his own doctor and nurses and be all set up. Interesting that it is listed on a stupid website. I don't mean the sulit site. I mean the one that it leads to that they advertise. I went to the site to see what other stuff is available and the first thing I get, while I am quietly surfing at night and others are sleeping, is some jazzed up techno disco music coming from the site. Thats as far as I went. Click. Didn't even wait for the pics to download. Just Click. Shut up. Turn off. Idiots.

You mean website belonging to the estate agent?

I had looked only at sulit.

I GUESS it's the mining company, who is the owner still.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
I would have been interested myself, if this http://sulit.com.ph/4504378 had been more away from public road and neighbours (but it's rather far from neighbours). It has been a doctor station for a mining company, but now they close it. 1+ hectare sand beach land at the south coast, the house seem to be in rather good shape. They don't say size of house, but I estimate it to 150-180 m2 INSIDE. 2.5 mill asked price totaly.

That place has been for sale since at least last December when I was perusing property. I don't remember what the price was back then. It is probably haunted! :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted (edited)
http://sulit.com.ph/4504378 had been more away from public road and neighbours (but it's rather far from neighbours). It has been a doctor station for a mining company, but now they close it. 1+ hectare sand beach land at the south coast, the house seem to be in rather good shape. They don't say size of house, but I estimate it to 150-180 m2 INSIDE. 2.5 mill asked price totaly.

Looks very good to me, I wonder how long it would take by speed boat to Lapu lapu too long for a daily commute..... shame

Edited by Curley
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I wonder how long it would take by speed boat to Lapu lapu

I've been across there in a small boat and when the weather picks up its downright scary. And there is no warning that its going to happen. Nice in the morning and rough in the afternoon. January seems to be the worst month for sudden, unpredictable rough water. Then there are the predictable days when you can see a storm coming or they give a typhoon warning on the tv.

But to answer your question, the pump boats can get across there in a couple hours (going from memory so not real sure) so you could do it in an hour when the water is nice.

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

The old hospital is on the far side of Bohol, so a much longer trip

• Like 1

tiger31
Posted
Posted

That's the ones I have seen in ADS at ayosdito or sulit. There are even lower prices, specialy when owner want to sell fast (for urgent needs or when they move abroad.) 15p/m2 is common in hills or rough forests. A kano told he bought land for 2p/m2, but I don't know where that was.

The ocean one with sand beach is in Talibon some kilometers northwest of the city.

The ocean one with fish pond and rice field is in Ubay.

Them with ocean view from inland hills/mountains are several e g in Talibon, and along the south coast too.

The government made a rice project in Ubay building damm and irrigating the fields aiming at making Bohol a sourse of rice to cover need in other parts of the Philippine. (I believe they go on in other places still). They sold good rice land for 40p/m2, but maximum 1 hectare per Filipin family, but counting grown up children as own, so some families has much more than 1 hectare (E g I saw one having 11 hectare.)

(My gf bought irrigated rice land for her savings from work short before we got contact, but she don't know how big it is :) so I don't know sq meter price, but I guess around 40p/m2 for that too.)

I would have been interested myself, if this

http://sulit.com.ph/4504378

had been more away from public road and neighbours (but it's rather far from neighbours). It has been a doctor station for a mining company, but now they close it. 1+ hectare sand beach land at the south coast, the house seem to be in rather good shape. They don't say size of house, but I estimate it to 150-180 m2 INSIDE. 2.5 mill asked price totaly.

I cant believe that price for a hospital thats nuts i wish i had a spare 60 k dollars lol
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

this has been one of the best series of posts I have read in a long time....

Thanks! to all of you!!!

:tiphat: :541: :cheersty:

• Like 1