Odd Hygiene Habbits

Julia
Posted
Posted

well being in canada its expected that hygene standards are very high .the o p has stated the facts are about the philippines ,Take the mountian regions for example where many people live .They don,t have the money to buy such luxuries as toilet paper air freshners hand lotions etc you cannot possibly compare philippinos living in canada or any other western country to that of many philippinos here .most people that are poor hardly have enough food to eat to worry about hygene etc .nobody here is saying philippinos are less hygenic than other nations but a lot of it is down to ecconomics and poverty .

well said, Tiger31!

• Like 1

tiger31
Posted
Posted

well in my sari sari store I stock toilet paper but guess what nobody buys it except me hahahaha so that tells ya something .

• Like 2

tiger31
Posted
Posted

Gee... do the even SELL Toilet Paper in the Philippines?

:mocking:

they do sell it in the bigger supermarkets bob but not all sari sari stores sell it so you just have to make sure you got plenty in stock .also if your away from your residence for any lengh of time its best to take your own .they do sell those wet wipes in the big stores .my biggest fear is if i ever get caught short somewhere remote that i have to use a hole in the ground coz i got hip replacements if i squat down i,ll never get back up again :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:
  • Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

Its easy to buy toilet paper in most areas in a mall but don't expect a restroom or CR. comfort room. as its called here to have any tissue. That's why I always carry a small pack of tissue in my back pocket instead of a wallet. Small packs of tissue are sold in the malls too.

I haven't experienced any Filipinas with dirty hands. Actually I have been impressed with their cleanliness especially with their primitive living conditions.

By the way, 12 large rolls of HELLO brand toilet paper costs 96 Pesos in the Carcar City Gaisano mall. That's about US $2 so its not expensive.

Edited by Americano
  • Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

One thing I have noticed about just about every Filipino I have met here in Canada - their clothes are immaculate! Very clean, never faded and always look like they were freshly ironed. They always look better than I do! If they take this care with their clothes, I imagine that they do the same with their personal hygiene!

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
That's why I always carry a small pack of tissue in my back pocket instead of a wallet.

I wonder how a robber would look if finding out the expected wallet was a pack of toilet paper :hystery:

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
Yes, but it's rather rare, so better bring some if going to rural places.

No joke. An American friend and I went for a hike into a mountain village and he got 'caught short' We asked at every store in the village if they had toilet paper, facial tissue, newspaper or any paper product for him to take into the bushes with him but no luck at all. The leaves are all wet from constant rains so they did not help and he was not wearing socks. I asked him how he made out and he told me he was very glad he did not start out the hike by 'going commando' but that was the way he was going to finish it.

Nature dumping? It's the only way to go during a road trip after midnight. Judy was never so grossed out

when I had to lay down a couple baby ruths along that shortcut mountain road from Tagaytay to Batangas.

You should have seen all the stars against a pitch black sky. My F sharp note was the most pleasurable

moment of that night and I sleep like a baby. Ahhh.......presh na presh.

By the way, what's wrong with wet leaves anyway?

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

One thing I have noticed about just about every Filipino I have met here in Canada - their clothes are immaculate! Very clean, never faded and always look like they were freshly ironed. They always look better than I do! If they take this care with their clothes, I imagine that they do the same with their personal hygiene!

Well this Filipino living in southern CA is pretty strict about my personal hygiene. I make sure I alternate

the skid marks every other day. That way I can extend the life of my underway with less washing....he, he.

Yeah, I look better like my chit don't stink!

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
Well this Filipino living in southern CA is pretty strict about my personal hygiene. I make sure I alternate the skid marks every other day. That way I can extend the life of my underway with less washing....he, he. Yeah, I look better like my chit don't stink! Like This Selective Quote

Yes... those old bachelor tricks for extending time between visits to the laundry mat.

• Like 3