Odd Hygiene Habbits

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

One thing I have noticed about just about every Filipino I have met here in Canada - their clothes are immaculate! Very clean, never faded and always look like they were freshly ironed. They always look better than I do! If they take this care with their clothes, I imagine that they do the same with their personal hygiene!

The first time my wife went back to the Philippines, she was so eager to go see her bestfriend who lived in the next street, that she just pulled out the first dress she could from the suitcase and changed into it. As she was spotted leaving the house via the front gate, one of the maids gave chase. Apparently, it would be an embarrassment to them to have her be seen outside in crumpled clothes!

• Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
Gee... do the even SELL Toilet Paper in the Philippines?

Go inside the high rise office buildings in Manila and Cebu. Many female clerks and secretaries have a roll of toilet paper hidden just below desk level. A few sheets are used everyday to wipe the desk clean or pat their noses. It is a cheap replacement to the tissue paper. Sometimes they will even take the toilet roll to the CR with them.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
No joke. An American friend and I went for a hike into a mountain village and he got 'caught short' We asked at every store in the village if they had toilet paper, facial tissue, newspaper or any paper product for him to take into the bushes with him but no luck at all. The leaves are all wet from constant rains so they did not help and he was not wearing socks. I asked him how he made out and he told me he was very glad he did not start out the hike by 'going commando' but that was the way he was going to finish it.

In the good old days, they had P1.00 bills which were handy in an emergency when other paper products were unavailable. During a pit stop on a rural roadside, the protocol is girls on the right and boys on the left side. It was explained to me that is was okay for the boys to get run over crossing the road, but not for the girls. I haven't figured out the logic. By the way, the women in provincial areas always carried a small umbrella. It not only serves to protect the head against the sun and rain, but the umbrella is also a modesty shield.

• Like 3