Best Of Filipino Foods

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
lol the same old contradictions coming up again. Filipino women are beautiful and slim but their diet is really unhealthy? That doesn't make sense. And switching to a western diet is not going to make anybody lose weight. Not when the very reason a lot of guys are in the Philippines in the first place, is because western women are such lardasses. Filipino BMI is a small fraction of the American, which at the 8th largest in the world one of the very fattest countries there is.

I think the reason most Filipinas are slim is that they don't eat that much. Starch and sugars are the staples of their diet and they are not healthy.  Protein whether beef or pork, fish or fowl is protein and necessary.  See palo diet.  Walk kill grab a fruit or whatever while walking to the next kill.  The women will prepare the food, build the shelter, make the clothes.  The guys will smoke joke and belch till time to walk to the hunt.

The good old days.  

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Filipino women are beautiful and slim but their diet is really unhealthy? That doesn't make sense. And switching to a western diet is not going to make anybody lose weight.
Filipinas are so small, so perhaps need magnifying glass to see it  :)    but many Filipinas are chubby. If ask what hobby they have, several answer "Eating" :hystery:       Many have as favorite to go to Jollybee and eat some junk food...  And a very fatening "Chinese chips" have become popular in Phils   :bash:  

BUT most are to POOR to become realy fat, by not afford to eat much, and many have to walk and work much. 

The guys will smoke joke and belch till time to walk to the hunt. The good old days.
Yes. But with the difference, they have stoped hunting  - except hunting girls   :)    - and don't do any other work instead.

(I mean big part of the men.  Some I know, work very hard.)

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Thomas, hunting girls will keep you in wonderful shape.  Even if you catch them

• Like 2

Julia
Posted
Posted
crocodile sisig

:th_interesting:  but how does it tastes like, MacBubba?  

• Like 2

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
but how does it tastes like, MacBubba?

I cannot vouch for any other place, but we had it at Kinabuch's.  It was excellent.  I've had sisig every which way, this might be my favorite.

• 11 months later...
expatpaulinmy
Posted
Posted

If you're looking to try what Filipino food has to offer, you have to go with Adobo, SInigang, Lechon, Tapsilog, Sisig, and Chicken/Pork Liempo (grilled chicken/pork belly). The key though is finding the right places to taste these dishes  :thumbsup:

• Like 1