MacBubba
Posted
Posted

San Miguel Beer and pulutan.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Hey MacBubba... I know you're from Toronto so I will help you with the spelling...

That's San Miguel Beer and L u t o p a n !

Just kidding about the Toronto and spelling bit! I read your post really quick and thought it was a funny way to spell my Special Someone's favourite place until I realized I wasn't seeing what I was reading. Good thing I have been trying to make some money lately through some writing and a bit of editorial work, eh? :mocking:

• Like 2

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

The wide array of seafood - for meals or just for pulutan (I had to get that in again for Bob's sake) :)

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I think I found what I wanted to with this posting.

There are many discouraging things in the Philippines.

We also have to remember that there are also many beautiful and wonderful things here too! The things that had us decide that the Philippines was the place we WANT to be. And the reason we are here on this forum in the first place!

Thank you to all who wrote in your positives! It's when I read posts like this that I get (more) excited all over again about coming to the Philippines!

:AddEmoticons04230:

• Like 5

MacBubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

The rich texture of the pili nut - masapan de pili or suspiros de pili from Bicol are among my favorite pili treats.

Edited by MacBubba
  • Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

this may sound daft to many but i am 54 and 2 years ago we was in borocay on our holiday, yes we was not married then but i was trying to impress my future wife, mr know it all i was but i knew nothing what really mattered, we was on the beach sitting outside the red lobster and it was late in the afternoon and they was serving drives buy on get one free on cocktails, now i am not a big drinker and dont know the names of cocktails either but looking through the list i seen something that i new, martini, do you want a cocktail Em i said, no was the answer i shall have a coconut, right 2 cocktails for me and 1 coconut for Ems, anyway they came and yes you know the answer mine was crap but Ems was so beautiful and when the waiter asked if she wanted the coconut splitting i was expecting the coconut you get from the fairground hard and teeth breaking, but it came back like nothing i have ever seen in my life, and they call me civilised, well i am not comared to my em

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Those of us with a solid relationship, will never agree with some of the things that are posted.

Perhaps the proportions between positive and negative posts depends of them with solid happy marriages have less time in average to post here :mocking:

(I and e g Bob don't belong to any of above categories, but we have much time to post here anyway, because we haven't moved to Phili and marry yet :hystery:

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

i am still in england but i am very happy and in love with my wife Emma, i could talk all day long how happy i am but i am not allowed, i enjoy talking to others who like me wants something different to the norm, what ever that is, love, comfort and just being happy,it does feel funny when you do hear someone saying something different, moaning about somewhere that you think will be great, do they know something we dont, maybe, maybe not,

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Those of us with a solid relationship, will never agree with some of the things that are posted.

Perhaps the proportions between positive and negative posts depends of them with solid happy marriages have less time in average to post here :mocking:

(I and e g Bob don't belong to any of above categories, but we have much time to post here anyway, because we haven't moved to Phili and marry yet :hystery:

i am still in england but i am very happy and in love with my wife Emma, i could talk all day long how happy i am but i am not allowed,

I am not married but I have a feeling that it won't be long after I finally arrive that I may be. My family knows that, when I visit, the first item on the list is always about my Special Someone and it's no use trying to talk about anything else until after I am done... :mocking:

it does feel funny when you do hear someone saying something different, moaning about somewhere that you think will be great, do they know something we dont, maybe, maybe not,

I learned a very big lesson from the movie Star Wars. Yeah, I'm getting old... I was a teenager when it came out and everybody kept saying how great it was! So, finally, when I got the chance to see the movie, I was soooo disappointed! My lesson? People can tell me how great or how bad something is but I won't decide until I see it for myself. :tiphat:

• Like 2