You're Going To What?

Jake
Posted
Posted

Jack, It's people like you who constantly validate my decision. Thank you for all your positive reinforcement.

Keep it going guys. I love this thread! Thanks Bob!!

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

When you first told your family and closest friends that you were going to move to the Philippines, what was their reaction and how did you cope with it?

Were they happy for you? Sad? Looked at you like you were nuts? Cut you out of their will? What did you do? And are you still close to them or has distance come between you?

And for Bonus Marks... For those who have been living in the Philippines for over a year (give or take), have things changed between those you left behind?

Almost all family members and workmates looked at me like I was nuts and were sure to voice that opinion loudly. Many did not want to talk to me again and refuse to accept email from me. Some tossed me a quarter and said: Here, have a young one on me (as they gave the customary sneer). Only a very small group were open minded enough to appreciate the life adventure I was departing on and the truth is, I did not expect more from any of them. The only one to have changed her opinion is my mother, mainly because there is now a baby involved and mothers love babies.

You should introduce them to our forum...

I am very opinionated on that subject so will delete this part of my comment.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted (edited)
Dave had deleted his comments out of respect for this member's opinion

With all due respect, way out of context and of no good to the forum.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
Your comment is noted with respect. I have adjusted my post