Foreign License Valid For 90 Days

Bundy
Posted
Posted

I was told this morning that a foreign license is now only valid here for a period of 45 days from the date of arrival.

Can anyone confirm this rule change?  

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I really doubt it. Here's what the LTO website (finally found it) says:

http://www.lto.gov.ph/index.php/faqs/driver-s-licensing

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Hope you never read it on a forum. 

:9436: Sick Boss

• Like 5

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Hope you never read it on a forum. 

:9436: Sick Boss

Actually i heard it from the secretary of a motor dealership in Minglanilla whilst she was on the phone to the LTO.

Read another forum?  Geez Tom,since i been retired i hardly have the time to read this one! Bloody hard work this retirement business i gotta tell ya. :lol:

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I have just completed an extensive search on-line to find out if the LTO had changed the time a foreign driver's licence is valid for.  After searching on and off for the last 2 days, I can honestly say that the only information I could find saying 45 days were a couple other forums questioning this over the past year (I didn't go past the google page showing this) and one other - the web page for Europcar Philippines which states a foreign licence is only valid for 45 days.  LTO (as Mike B reported earlier) shows 90 days - I even downloaded all their different downloads to see if it might be hidden inside something.  Searches through all the major newspapers do not show any changes.  And a little bird freezing in the tree outside my front porch has no information on a change either.  So what does this mean?  Normally not finding any information would have me worrying that change is about to take place but I don't think it will in this case.

As a side note and completely off topic - Thank you to Florida for realizing you were chopping off your own foot and will once again allow Canadians (those people who are keeping your economy going during the cold months?) to use their driver's licence again and not require an International Licence before entering the state.  When are Canadians going to learn?  If you go to Florida, Bruce might find you and put you to work in the Thrift Store!  Go to the Philippines instead!  Especially Samar - or so Bruce has told me....

:mocking:

• Like 3

Bundy
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have just completed an extensive search on-line to find out if the LTO had changed the time a foreign driver's licence is valid for

Geez you're a good fella Bob.

Or is it just you got too much time on your hands hahahaha

Thanks for your efforts anyway mate it's appreciated.

I also heard from our supreme local authority on such matters ( Ancienrocker / Paul ) and he says he hasn't heard about any changes either so that's good enough for me.

Edited by Bundy
  • Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I have just completed an extensive search on-line to find out if the LTO had changed the time a foreign driver's licence is valid for

Geez you're a good fella Bob.

Or is it just you got too much time on your hands hahahaha

Thanks for your efforts anyway mate it's appreciated.

I also heard from our supreme local authority on such matters ( Ancienrocker / Paul ) and he says he hasn't heard about any changes either so that's good enough for me.

I did say my search was "on and off"... 

:mocking:

• Like 1

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

Will ask my brother in law, he is No2 in LTO Cebu main branch. Need a license? let me know but definitely not my business.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
samatm
Posted
Posted

Just got my PI Drivers license after 4 years .   My Texas license was expiring  and there was no way to get new one without going home (only one online renewal is permitted).   Problem was that I am never in the country long enough to need an ACR card which I was told was a requisite  for  Drivers license conversion.     Needless to say... I tried at the Mandawe LT0 (what a backwater hot hell hole)  found a fixer.. who  took my money 3.5K   then told me I needed to go to immigration  to get a visa extension ...  I did  , went back and showed them the pp. made photo copies.. and then 2 hours later got my license. 

You cant get a license with just a 21 day gratis entry visa.  You must have an extension or an ACR card.   I could have saved  2900 in Fixer fees had I known about this earlier.   hope it  helps.   

• Like 2