Foreign License Valid For 90 Days

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

he, he.  So Jack P, welcome to my dog house where we can wash our sorrow on some cold Heineken.  

:thumbs-up-smile:   Now your'e Talking my language

post-2148-0-04051600-1381900440_thumb.jp

Thank You for your thoughts and words as always Jake, after Yesterday, I think I am just on a bit of a Downer, I will get a beer later    :woohoo:  :emostrongbow:  :558:

:tiphat:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:unsure:  Well my friend, as a good mate of mine from another Forum said only a day or so ago, The PI is 12 hours yet 40 years behind us Foreigners!! :mocking:

I mock BUT lets face it the truth will arise, one day

The once President (and others since) of the PI said, " The Philippines is for Filipinos."  enough said I think

But yes you are right, and what they should and should not do, is so far from what they should do, it most definitely beggars belief.

In short,  they will say " Lets keep Them guessing" that way we can earn (extort) more Money :dance:

So hails the saying, Go with the Flow

:tiphat:

Americano
Posted
Posted

The Philippines is at least 50 years behind Western countries and f'ed up beyond repair just the way Filipinos like it. They grew up in a f'ed up country and haven't been to another country so they don't even know how f'ed up it is. This is one reason OFWs hate coming back home.

• Like 1

sjp52
Posted
Posted

what about a Balikbayan visa

4.3. Original and machine copy of valid visa or Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) if the foreign applicant temporarily resides in the Philippines

.  Is a balikbayan visa a valid visa ?

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

4.3. Original and machine copy of valid visa or Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) if the foreign applicant temporarily resides in the Philippines

Yes, for these purposes! But the BB stamp is not actually a "Visa", it is a privilege! http://www.philippineconsulate.com.au/balikbayan-one-year-visa-free-stay.html

• Like 1

sjp52
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yes, for these purposes! But the BB stamp is not actually a "Visa", it is a privilege! http://www.philippineconsulate.com.au/balikbayan-one-year-visa-free-stay.html

Thanks Bob. Good to know. You know if I had a pesos for every time some one said it is a privilege and not a visa I would be a rich man. lol

Edited by sjp52

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

I just hear people saying the have a BB Visa all the time so it's SOP for me to say that! Cheers!

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Here's an update on the drug test requirement for getting a driver's license. It is still required in the Central Visayan LTO offices:

"HUNDREDS of applicants for driver's licenses yesterday complained about being made to undergo drug tests and pay P500 by the Land Transportation Office (LTO). They said mandatory drug testing has been abolished under Section 19 of Republic Act 10586, which was signed into law by President Benigno Aquino III last June. But in a press conference yesterday, LTO 7 Director Arnel Tancinco said they were only following the order of Judge Hermes Montero of the Toledo City Regional Trial Court (RTC), who issued a writ of preliminary injunction against the abolition of mandatory drug testing. Montero granted the petition of Dulcisimo Tuldanes of Toledo City, who sought to nullify the June 27, 2013 memorandum of LTO Chief Virginia Torres. Tancinco said that because of the court order, Central Visayas is the only LTO office that still requires drug testing for applicants of driver’s license."

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/local-news/2013/10/24/court-orders-drugtests-310253

• Like 2

anthonytt
Posted
Posted

I know this subject had been beaten to death. And I didn't want to start a new post, But my question is when I go LTO to get my PI drivers license Do I need surrender my US drivers license? I would still like to keep it as I will still be visiting USA 1x a year.

Thanks

-Anthony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk