Foreign License Valid For 90 Days

Thomas
Posted
Posted

The Philippines is at least 50 years behind Western countries and f'ed up beyond repair just the way Filipinos like it. They grew up in a f'ed up country and haven't been to another country so they don't even know how f'ed up it is. This is one reason OFWs hate coming back home.

That's a reason why I don't want to show my future wife (?) any other country ever  :)

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

I know this subject had been beaten to death. And I didn't want to start a new post, But my question is when I go LTO to get my PI drivers license Do I need surrender my US drivers license? I would still like to keep it as I will still be visiting USA 1x a year.

Thanks

-Anthony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You get to keep your US license. At least I did back in Oct 2007. Hasn't changed as far as I know.

• Like 2

anthonytt
Posted
Posted

That's a relief. Thanks!

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

Anthony,

I got to keep my Alabama license too. I don't believe LTO has a legal right to take your driver license from another country. Someone once said that you can continue using your USA license as a form of picture ID even after it expires because most people don't look at the expiration date on foreign licenses. 

• Like 1

anthonytt
Posted
Posted

Thanks Phillip , I just wanted to make sure I can still used New York license for when I visit my family once a year. And for the record Driving in Manhattan is not even close to the chaotic driving in the Philippines. But I still like it. It's like playing a game.

• Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted

If you live in the Philippines and have a Philippines license, if you visit the USA I believe most states will honor your foreign license.

• Like 2

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

When I went back to MA back in 2011, my MA license was renewed but not yet in my possession (That came later). The honored my PH license. I was able to get my hands on my MA license but for a few days.

• Like 1