Mrs Bundy...........buntis!

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

My sincerest congratulations to you both. All kidding aside though, things can be a little critical for moms to be over 35 so please be extra watchful for her health so all will go smoothly. May God keep her and your child safe and healthy.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

do you have your PHILHEALTH?  its not to late to enroll(pay for this quarter jan-mar)  and rest of the year and you will have your 9months prior contribution to get services paid by them.

,2. since she is older.make sure your able to find a OB=GYN that can handle "older" birth moms

Unfortunately they got that covered. You wont get phil health for having a baby after conceiving and starting payments. There is a topic here some where about this and too tired to find it. 

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

do you have your PHILHEALTH?  its not to late to enroll(pay for this quarter jan-mar)  and rest of the year and you will have your 9months prior contribution to get services paid by them.

,2. since she is older.make sure your able to find a OB=GYN that can handle "older" birth moms

Unfortunately they got that covered. You wont get phil health for having a baby after conceiving and starting payments. There is a topic here some where about this and too tired to find it. 

I am sure that your 100% correct.  yet of what i read that you MUST have 9months prior contributions before birth.

if the conception is in feb and delivered in nov 11-2=9. yet if you pay for the quarter which started in jan(jan-mar) that would give you the 9+1=10 months needed for coverage  

here is the link from the philhealth website

Payment of at least three monthly premiums within the immediate six

months prior to the month of confinement.

**For pregnancy-related cases

and availment of the newborn care package, dialysis (except those

undergoing emergency dialysis service during confinement), chemotherapy,

radiotherapy and selected surgical procedures,

**payment of nine (9)

monthly premium contributions within the last 12 months shall be

required except for those enrolled under the KASAPI program.

here is basically the same yet slightly worded different

1. I am a new member. When will I

become eligible to avail of PhilHealth benefits?

For one to become eligible for the benefits, payment of at least

three (3) months within the immediate six (6) months prior to the

month of confinement shall be required.

However, payment of at least

nine months within the last 12 months shall be asked of Individually

Paying Members availing of the following procedures/packages:

• • Pregnancy-related cases

http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/members/individually_paying/condition.html

http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/members/individually_paying/faqs.html

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I am sure that your 100% correct.  yet of what i read that you MUST have 9months prior contributions before birth.

if the conception is in feb and delivered in nov 11-2=9. yet if you pay for the quarter which started in jan(jan-mar) that would give you the 9+1=10 months needed for coverage  

here is the link from the philhealth website

Payment of at least three monthly premiums within the immediate six

months prior to the month of confinement.

**For pregnancy-related cases

and availment of the newborn care package, dialysis (except those

undergoing emergency dialysis service during confinement), chemotherapy,

radiotherapy and selected surgical procedures,

**payment of nine (9)

here is basically the same yet slightly worded different

1. I am a new member. When will I

become eligible to avail of PhilHealth benefits?

For one to become eligible for the benefits, payment of at least

three (3) months within the immediate six (6) months prior to the

month of confinement shall be required.

However, payment of at least

nine months within the last 12 months shall be asked of Individually

Paying Members availing of the following procedures/packages:

• • Pregnancy-related cases

http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/members/individually_paying/condition.html

http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/members/individually_paying/faqs.html

You guys are BONKERS! Having a baby is free! Just ask any of the millions born in Phils.... OK, what maybe 300P to 1,000p if you want a midwife to come to your Nipa hut depending on where you squat.  :541:

Question: If the baby is born Down Under, there should be no issue of citizenship I assume. But if born in Phils, there are barriers set up to register and make a claim for Aussie citizenship?   :th_unfair:  

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Philhealth is in the process of changing many things to the 12 months after joining clause.  I am in the process of trying to confirm which ones and when it takes effect.  In the meantime, a baby being born is covered but anything extra (extra hospital time, special doctors, special treatments,etc) has the time limits that need to be followed.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I am sure that your 100% correct. yet of what i read

No your not as that's why you posted the information. :lol:  I have no problem being wrong but I still am not sure your idea will work as I'm sure there would be a date on the day one signs up and pays.

payment of nine (9)

Would monthly be the way they sort this rather than quarters such as Jan to March?

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

This is true it must be taken out a while before conception ( big word) for the English anyway.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

This is true it must be taken out a while before conception ( big word) for the English anyway.

Ah...  Conception...  Root of this word is concept which is also the same as the word Idea...  So you have to get your PhilHealth long before you even have an idea of being a parent again!!! 

Now, in the case of an unplanned or accidental pregnancy, does that mean there was no idea toward getting pregnant and thus are immediately covered?

What if you only had half an idea of being a parent?  Half coverage?  Which half? 

It's all so confusing!!!   :mocking:

• Like 1

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Ah...  Conception...  Root of this word is concept which is also the same as the word Idea...  So you have to get your PhilHealth long before you even have an idea of being a parent again!!! 

Now, in the case of an unplanned or accidental pregnancy, does that mean there was no idea toward getting pregnant and thus are immediately covered?

What if you only had half an idea of being a parent?  Half coverage?  Which half? 

It's all so confusing!!!   :mocking:

Thanks Bob,

Now we're both confused............even rooted :hystery:  :hystery:  :hystery:

• Like 2

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Question: If the baby is born Down Under, there should be no issue of citizenship I assume. But if born in Phils, there are barriers set up to register and make a claim for Aussie citizenship?

We are BOTH Aussie citizens Bruce and i believe it it just a formality of registering the birth with the embassy in Manila and our child will be given Aussie citizenship by decent.

• Like 1