Mrs Bundy...........buntis!

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Great, just great, Here I thought I had a way to help all those poor people and the gob er ment wants to add in a 'catch'.......

If it makes you feel any better, when all these people arrive on Australian shores, they'll be given free accomodation,medical and dentist,free meals,free cigarettes,free legal counsel, all the things ordinary Australians have to pay for, so it's not such a bad deal after all
  • Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Great, just great, Here I thought I had a way to help all those poor people and the gob er ment wants to add in a 'catch'.......

If it makes you feel any better, when all these people arrive on Australian shores, they'll be given free accomodation,medical and dentist,free meals,free cigarettes,free legal counsel, all the things ordinary Australians have to pay for, so it's not such a bad deal after all

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't your government learn ANYTHING from the mistakes my government made? 

I do not know the $$$ of the deal, but if you made it a vacation back to Oz at the time of the birth..... would the 5k cover it all?  Free vacation.......

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

At the moment we're getting pretty tired of being "offered" the services of the local mid-wife,health center and "friends"

do as they do. when you have offered them advice

kindly SMILE and say THANK YOU . but put a distance between them so they dont "bother" you further

We already have a doctor who the missus is comfortable with and has known us for over 10 years

kkeep this doctor as you are already comfortable with. however make sure he/she can refer you to a "high risk' (over 40 birth) doctor if the situation is called for

GET all these other "well intentioned" people to leave us alone.

memebers of the forum . ME INCLUDED are trying to be"well intention" . ONLY you can politely tell them that YOU NEED your time alone.

about C-section/delivery cost..

my 2nd and last child total cost was under5-7k(w/philhealth)(2010)

as this was done Dr Jose Fabella Memorial Hospital, manila

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
skyswicko
Posted
Posted

Congratulations for the new baby :)

• Like 1

claire
Posted
Posted

hello Bundy,

First of all congratulations to both of you. I gave birth to my son feb. 2007. I wanted to give birth the normal way, but the bady was way too big. He was 4,5kg when he was out. I had only 43kg like normal weight, so you can imagen that I was small. Anyway I spent 20 hours in the labour room but the chance to having him normally was too small, after my water bag was compltely broken we decided to do c-section. So he was out and everything was ok. We spent 100,000 pesos with all the process medicines, doctors and private room. We spent much for the OB that did the operation she was charging 25k and the anesthesiologist ( spelling )? was 12 or 14 k and his pedia was 4k, for the rest I don't remember them very well now. Anyway sir, since your lady is beyond the age of normal conception their are some exercises to help her during her pregnancy. And the best thing is a very healthy diet. No sugar no salt. Monitor very well her blood pressure from now on. Every time you consult the doctor if every there are any changes of her normal status you have to tell the doctor always. Best of luck to your new adventure. Always remember  never panic!

• Like 3

Bundy
Posted
Posted (edited)

do not know the $$$ of the deal, but if you made it a vacation back to Oz at the time of the birth..... would the 5k cover it all? Free vacation......

Good question Bruce.

We have been giving it consideration as it does have a lot of merit.The baby would be born at Bundaberg Base Hospital for a cost of "ZERO" and would be an Australian citizen straight away.Having to stay in Oz for what would most likely be around 3 months min. would sure put a hell of a dent in the finances though and no 5k would not go near covering it especially when you add in the airfares.

Edited by Bundy

Bundy
Posted
Posted

hello Bundy,

First of all congratulations to both of you. I gave birth to my son feb. 2007. I wanted to give birth the normal way, but the bady was way too big. He was 4,5kg when he was out. I had only 43kg like normal weight, so you can imagen that I was small. Anyway I spent 20 hours in the labour room but the chance to having him normally was too small, after my water bag was compltely broken we decided to do c-section. So he was out and everything was ok. We spent 100,000 pesos with all the process medicines, doctors and private room. We spent much for the OB that did the operation she was charging 25k and the anesthesiologist ( spelling )? was 12 or 14 k and his pedia was 4k, for the rest I don't remember them very well now. Anyway sir, since your lady is beyond the age of normal conception their are some exercises to help her during her pregnancy. And the best thing is a very healthy diet. No sugar no salt. Monitor very well her blood pressure from now on. Every time you consult the doctor if every there are any changes of her normal status you have to tell the doctor always. Best of luck to your new adventure. Always remember  never panic!

Thankyou so much for that Claire, we are always open to advice and enjoy hearing of the experience of others too.

Yes, my wife is in the "higher age" bracket but she is 100% physically fit, she doesn't smoke, she doesn't drink, she Never eats salt or sugar anyway, she eats a lot of fruit and veg and as far as exercise, the poor girl has worked right beside me on the farm for the past 10 years and is as fit as a Mallee Bull so i for one am not worried about her being 42 years old.Ofcourse she will be monitored right the way through by a doctor that she is very comfortable with,infact the doctor was at our wedding 10 years ago.

We wish you and your family all the very best and thanks once again.

• Like 1

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted

Congratulations and a toast to you and the Mrs. I hope all goes well and that you will keep us informed. 

" YOU DA MAN !!! " 

• Like 2