Mrs Bundy...........buntis!

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Question: If the baby is born Down Under, there should be no issue of citizenship I assume. But if born in Phils, there are barriers set up to register and make a claim for Aussie citizenship?

We are BOTH Aussie citizens Bruce and i believe it it just a formality of registering the birth with the embassy in Manila and our child will be given Aussie citizenship by decent.

One would hope it is that easy... but then I remember about some issues of land ownership with the children of Pinays who have foreign citizenship.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

We are BOTH Aussie citizens Bruce and i believe it it just a formality of registering the birth with the embassy in Manila and our child will be given Aussie citizenship by decent.

hummm... somewhere someplace, I have read that a "child" born here and departing on the "home"countries PASSPORT will have to pay their BI FEES.

UNLESS the child is leaving on the RP passport or has the RP passport issued/available at departure.

if I am wrong on my info I apologize.

BUT i have heard this before when among some expats at a American-style function (4th july.)

• 2 weeks later...
Bundy
Posted
Posted

Both of my kids, from a previous marriage were 10lb plus when born. Anyone here can put me in the picture for the cost of a C-Section? Just in-case.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

They have packages if you sign up at 25 weeks or less. Depends on the hospital but from my experience, ballpark w/o package would be p100k in Cebu City. 

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

Both of my kids, from a previous marriage were 10lb plus when born. Anyone here can put me in the picture for the cost of a C-Section? Just in-case.

Mrs. Kano can be looking at 40,000p depending on area. AND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO JOKE HERE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A 10 pounder (no, not a fish) is a dangerous thing for a vaginal delivery. I have never seen a baby die because of a C/S delivery. I HAVE seen babies die, STUCK, because some midwife / doc REFUSED to see reality and kept saying... I think you can do it... push!  

If it is a big baby... the true question.... and most all midwives and many docs can not see this until after they are sued... the question is not... IF... she can push the baby out, but instead SHOULD she push the baby out!

Even if she does push the little fat Bundermeister out... she very likely will permanently do internal damage to her pelvic floor and urinary structures....

Any of you guys remember grandma complaining about peeing when she laughs????  And it does not take a 10 pounder to do that.

Hey! I have an idea... lets play with dads paranoia! (Be safe Bundy... not stupid... past success does not mean this time will be)

Cut and paste below :

The term macrosomia is used to describe a newborn with an excessive birth weight. A diagnosis of fetal macrosomia can be made only by measuring birth weight after delivery; therefore, the condition is confirmed only retrospectively, ie, after delivery of the neonate. Fetal macrosomia is encountered in up to 10% of deliveries.[1]

Attempts at perinatal diagnosis of macrosomia have proven difficult and are often inaccurate. This article defines macrosomia and reviews clinical and diagnostic modalities currently used to screen for pregnancies at the greatest risk for macrosomia with some degree of accuracy. Maternal, fetal, and neonatal consequences of macrosomia are also discussed, with specific attention to the potential etiology of macrosomia.

Fetal macrosomia has been defined in several different ways, including birth weight of 4000-4500 g (8 lb 13 oz to 9 lb 15 oz) or greater than 90% for gestational age after correcting for neonatal sex and ethnicity. Based on these definitions, macrosomia affects 1-10% of all pregnancies.

Factors associated with fetal macrosomia include genetics; duration of gestation; presence of gestational diabetes; and class A, B, and C diabetes mellitus. Genetic, racial, and ethnic factors influence birth weight and the risk of macrosomia.[2] Male newborns typically weigh more than female newborns and thus comprise a greater proportion of infants with birth weights exceeding 4500 g at any gestational age. The risk of macrosomia also varies with ethnicity. Even when controlled for diabetes, studies have demonstrated that Hispanic women have a higher risk of fetal macrosomia compared with white, African American, or Asian women. Genetic factors, such as parental height and weight, may also play a role in determining newborn birth weight.

Despite the identification and characterization of risk factors, no combination of these risk factors can predict macrosomia accurately enough to be used clinically. Much of the birth weight variation remains unexplained, and most macrosomic infants do not have identifiable risk factors. Finally, macrosomia is reportedly associated with neonatal morbidity, neonatal injury, maternal injury, and cesarean delivery.[3]

252558-1336964-262679-1811445.jpg

Bundy Jr.

FULL DISCLOSURE..... While I plead NO CONTEST to charges I am a warped person with a questionable sense of humor... I am actually a very conserative person when it comes to other people's lives. I do not like to take chances and I am amazed that the risky to out right stupid advice that some nurses and midwives give to patients. The baby is a parasite, true, but that little bugger is totally dependant on YOUR decisions. YOU choose poorly... the baby pays the price.... What is more important here... the METHOD of delivery (vaginal as compared to a C/S... or the results of the delivery?

Have a nice day.....

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

My daughter was 9 lbs 8 oz at birth.  Her mother had difficulty during labour and a third doctor finally said my daughter was breached.  After the surgery, I never saw that doctor again - she wouldn't come near us.  Neither would the first two.  Why?  My daughter was not breached - she was extremely hydrocephalic (used to be refered to as "Water on the brain") and had a head 3 times that of a "normal" child.  If we had carried on with a normal birth like the first doctors wanted , it would have killed both my daughter and her mother.

So, I learned...  Get ultrasounds taken as you and your wife near the time of birth - and don't hesitate to do the right thing for the ones you love.

• Like 4

Bundy
Posted
Posted (edited)

There will be no doubt, we will do the right thing when the time comes. The wellbeing of mother and child will ALWAYS come first.

At the moment we're getting pretty tired of being "offered" the services of the local mid-wife,health center and "friends"They keep pushing themselves onto us insisting they will be the ones to "take care" of everything and are insisting we need a multitude of tests and ultrasound done now even she is less than 2 months gone.

We already have a doctor who the missus is comfortable with and has known us for over 10 years, it's just difficult to GET all these other "well intentioned" people to leave us alone.

Don't worry, it has crossed my mind that if all of these suggested procedures are "normal" here, then how in the hell could a Filipino ever afford to have a baby? Sometimes i feel like saying "Well, i'm sorry but we'll go back to Australia to have the baby because we can't afford it here!"

We would even get paid a $5,000 bonus from the government if the kid is born in Oz!

Edited by Bundy
  • Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

We would even get paid a $5,000 bonus from the government if the kid is born in Oz!

Hey.... I think I will post this on some (if I can find one) Haitian forum! WOW... I can single handedly bankrupt the Land of Oz with this info of $5,000 paid. A few posts and then great white sharks be damned! The boats are heading Down Under! :hystery:

• Like 1

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Hey.... I think I will post this on some (if I can find one) Haitian forum! WOW... I can single handedly bankrupt the Land of Oz with this info of $5,000 paid. A few posts and then great white sharks be damned! The boats are heading Down Under! :hystery:

[/quote

The catch is...........you need to BOTH be Australian citizens to qualify.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

[/quote

The catch is...........you need to BOTH be Australian citizens to qualify.

Great, just great, Here I thought I had a way to help all those poor people and the gob er ment wants to add in a 'catch'.......