Arghhh!!!! I Left My Android Smart Phone In A Taxi!!!

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have a Nokia 3120 which more than suits me. My fingers are just plain old too fat and arthritic to do those touch screens. God help me if I eventually have no choice. I know, hire one of the kids to do it. :hystery:

Edited by Steve & Myrlita
  • Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Check out the AVG antivirus for android...  It's a free app.  And they have a "lost phone" option where they can have the phone ring, track it on a map, all the fun stuff and even when turned off!  I put it on my android and have used it twice now when I had no idea where I left my phone in the apartment...  Just had it ring a few times and voila!  It's cheaper than getting a new phone cause it's free!

This is just one of the apps that will do this but I like this one better as it is one of the best antivirus apps available at the same time.  Sometimes you just gotta love those Aussies...  Uhm...  What's that, Tom?   Like I meant...   Like those Aussies...  

:mocking:  

Great recommendation. Installing it now.

I have another issue with losing packages. As a westerner I am not used to carrying alot of packages around since I am used to just taking them out to my car. So I had this great idea about using cheap bluetooth devices to attach to items I wouldn't want to lose... then track them with my smartphone... or it could even warn me if an item being tracked was out of range.

Of course it is very rare than anyone has a unique new idea and someone beat me to market with the idea. This company has developed the technology and just started shipping this month. Does everything I was considering in my idea and more.

http://www.sticknfind.com/

Now I have to wait and see if my next great idea has already been brought to market.

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I love my smartphone with data plan. Especially using GPS with Google maps while in the Philippines.

Today we were out shopping and I was able to follow my university team lose in the first game of the NCAA tournament while out.

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

i wanted an android but all the shops said in the boonies i cant use loads with it and there is no wifi out here

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

i wanted an android but all the shops said in the boonies i cant use loads with it and there is no wifi out here

I think I see somebody who didn't do a complete research before he decided on where to live....  

Oh, well...  If the worse thing is you can't get a smartphone to go, at least you should be able to get wired internet, right?  Tuka?  Right?  

:mocking:

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I love my smartphone with data plan. Especially using GPS with Google maps while in the Philippines.

Today we were out shopping and I was able to follow my university team lose in the first game of the NCAA tournament while out.

Before I come over, I will be getting either the new Galaxy or a Nexus and loading on Ubuntu Mobile...  Yup, that new OS for smartphones I've been talking about - it's here!  Turns your smartphone into a complete computer!  

And, yes, one of the reasons is so that I can keep up with my Toronto Blue Jays and the Maple Buds!  

:dance:

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Check out the AVG antivirus for android...  It's a free app.  And they have a "lost phone" option where they can have the phone ring, track it on a map, all the fun stuff and even when turned off!  I put it on my android and have used it twice now when I had no idea where I left my phone in the apartment...  Just had it ring a few times and voila!  It's cheaper than getting a new phone cause it's free!

Have you tried any others? I'm not too impressed with the fact that any of them are "free", if you're spending hundreds of dollars on one of these devices I would think you wouldn't mind spending $2 or 3 more to get the most reliable product to protect both the phone and your data. A lot of the free ones are very basic, you have to pay to get full features. I tried the trial version of Cerberus, it has great features and pinpointed the exact location of the phone precisely but I got way too many "device could not be located" when performing various tests and, according to the tech forums, this is a common complaint with no real solution. Samsung has a built in lost phone utility (Samsung Dive) but it's a lot more limited and the location is pretty far off. A lot of the articles I'm reading on this are 3+ years old. 

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Before I come over, I will be getting either the new Galaxy or a Nexus and loading on Ubuntu Mobile...  Yup, that new OS for smartphones I've been talking about - it's here!  Turns your smartphone into a complete computer!  

And, yes, one of the reasons is so that I can keep up with my Toronto Blue Jays and the Maple Buds!  

:dance:

The Galaxy S3 was 26,990 pesos!!! About $675 USD. I checked online prices in USA which were significantly less at $475 USD.

• Like 1

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

I thought I may have lost my phone the other day while celebrating my birthday.......I woke up the next morning in a panic, my wife not too happy either, called the phone, no answer! I used the iphone finder app on my ipad as you can send a message direct to the phone, lock the phone or if you really know its gone for good, wipe all contents and lock it up.....I just tracked it and from the google map location it brought up suddenly relaxed and realised it was in my drivers house, I called him and sure enough he checked the car and it had fell down the side of the passengers seat, I love technology these days! :)

• Like 5