Lying... For Self Preservation ( Not For Fun And Profit)

Jake
Posted
Posted

OTOH, I would be really happy to hear stories of men who have successfully forged relationships

or marriage using this strategy.

Hey guys,

I don't know....maybe it's just me.  But I am grateful that Dave submitted a suggestion to turn this topic
around (more positively) by his statement above.  I shall start another topic in this regard of forging
successful relationships.  Thank you Dave!

I'm trying really hard to remember all my overseas phone calls (AT&T operator assist), love letters and
face to face conversation with Judy during our 6 month courtship.  I'm sure I did tell a couple white lies
but were very insignificant apparently.  I would like to say that my beloved parents taught me well by
living a good honest life.

Then along comes the global internet where the keyboard is a device for deception and other criminal
activities.  Even live video can be deceiving.  Did modern technology corrupt our morals along the way?

Anyway, good comments on both sides of the topic.  I like that......a civilized forum.

Respectfully -- Jake

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Well I am getting the impression that we are talking about different things. Since we all see the world from your own eyes.... i think that we need to step back and tak a loot at the situation.

I am talking about ways to discourage scammers including downsize lies to make youn less attractive to the scammmers as well as saying you have a wife back home... separated? mybe but that word 'wife' is a barrier, at least time wise to an instant whirlwind romance and married 2 weeks later.... 

I suggest you realize that I am not looking for a wife... therefor my comments are not directed in helping you find a wife, but again to discourage scammers.

However, IF you are looking for a wife... you need a reality check for your own good! Remember that woman on the other end of skype or yahoo chat is simply another pretty face (AT THIS TIME). You do know her yet..... while you 'may' marry her, most all men doing the internet gaming, er I mean dating, do not marry the 1st pretty face they see.

Internet dating can be a great tool for finding a prospective mate. But it also rife with scammers and THIS FOURM has many posts about such scammers. School fees, surgery, rents, medicine... and the list goes on. So my advice to downsize yourself and put up a barrier to an instant marriage is well founded.  

How many of you signed onto a dating site and got friend requests saying they loved you? On in a few days of chatting, saying they love you? Oh really? Love? Imagine that!

I bet that jake can come up with a profile for his dog and claim a broken cam and get friend requests and claims of love. AND Jake would not have to lie..... Tell the truth.....(but I am guessing here) 9 yr old basset hound looking to retire in the Philippines. Tests positive for distemper and has bad teeth and horrendous breath! Looking for love.....

And that, my fourm friends... WILL get friend requests from the scammers.......

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Let me tell you guys about the 'bestest' wife a guy could have... at that time. I got married in 1979. Moved to Florida. I liked it, she didn't. I had certain goals in life and she had only one goal... to become 'one' with Miller High Life. She was 21 or so, 5'6" and about 100 pounds.

She left Florida in less than 6 months and I did not chase her. She got want she wanted. Moved back in with her parents rent free and spent her time and money in her quest to become 'one' with Mr. Miller High Life.

10 years later I got a call. She was pregnant and the guy wanted to marry her. Were we still married? Of course we are still married! You have been the best wife I could have wanted (at that time). So she said would, I divorce her because she can not afford it. Sure... what else could a loving husband like me do? So I divorced her. No alimony, no drama, no fuss, no muss. Then she married the other guy and had a mildly brain impaired baby.... (hint: Alcohol and pregnancies do not mix well) 

I saw her last year.... now about 55 yrs old, drunk every day, still no driver license (ever) no job in over 20 years and still 5'6" and about 100 pounds....

But.... that little woman's title.....'wife' legally kept me from making any such mistake again during our 10 years of married bliss. But, I could have divorced her at any time IF I had a need to. But the need never arose.....

You know, between her cigarettes and her beer..... I figure I spent a lot less cash over the years as compared to us staying together....   :thumbsup:

• Like 2

davewe
Posted
Posted (edited)

OTOH, I would be really happy to hear stories of men who have successfully forged relationships

or marriage using this strategy.

Hey guys,

I don't know....maybe it's just me.  But I am grateful that Dave submitted a suggestion to turn this topic

around (more positively) by his statement above.  I shall start another topic in this regard of forging

successful relationships.  Thank you Dave!

I'm trying really hard to remember all my overseas phone calls (AT&T operator assist), love letters and

face to face conversation with Judy during our 6 month courtship.  I'm sure I did tell a couple white lies

but were very insignificant apparently.  I would like to say that my beloved parents taught me well by

living a good honest life.

Then along comes the global internet where the keyboard is a device for deception and other criminal

activities.  Even live video can be deceiving.  Did modern technology corrupt our morals along the way?

Anyway, good comments on both sides of the topic.  I like that......a civilized forum.

Respectfully -- Jake

Jake thanks for crediting me with more class than I deserve :)

My comment was sarcastic and what I actually meant was I wanted to hear stories of guys who had lied in the ways some are advocating and forged successful relationships in that manner. I am sure there are lots of stories involving liars hooking up with liars and the thing eventually blowing up. I just doubt there are many cases of lying working out well in the end - unless your notion of working out well is just to get "ahem". Then I am sure lying works nicely.

Edited by I am bob
just keeping it clean for the families, folks!
  • Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

You can tell so much more from 1 hr face to face with a female, than 3 months of emails and webcam stuff.

Yes, I agree,

but many men get EASIER fooled face to face, because they start  thinking with wrong head     :nudie:  :mocking:

your date listens to your words denying wealth, but you are wearing brand name clothes; expensive shoes; a nice watch and gold jewelry around your neck.

Corect  - mostly.

For some it's true, because they have got big DEPTS by living at a higher standard than they can afford  - but I don't believe most living like that would deny any wealth   :mocking: 

I am talking about ways to discourage scammers including downsize lies to make youn less attractive to the scammmers as well as saying you have a wife back home... separated? mybe but that word 'wife' is a barrier, at least time wise to an instant whirlwind romance and married 2 weeks later....    I suggest you realize that I am not looking for a wife... therefor my comments are not directed in helping you find a wife, but again to discourage scammers.

THAT explain the difference  :)  because it's a big risk your solution scare away the good wife materials too. 

Let me tell you guys about the 'bestest' wife a guy could have... at that time. I got married in 1979. Moved to Florida. I liked it, she didn't. I had certain goals in life and she had only one goal... to become 'one' with Miller High Life. She was 21 or so, 5'6" and about 100 pounds.

--

But.... that little woman's title.....'wife' legally kept me from making any such mistake again during our 10 years of married bliss. 

The mistake wasn't marrying, the mistake was not checking her enough first   :)

(It's possible. We have a low percentage of divorces/split among my relatives, but our next generation damage the statistic some :boohoo:   :)

MikeB
Posted
Posted

If you approach all potential relationships with the sole intent to protect your own wealth you will probably find yourself old and alone. Some people are destined for that.

• Like 5

Elena
Posted
Posted

I am interested in this because my husband and I want to come to the Philippines with his son disabled. He is 22 and because of his problems, he has a girl in Russia. We had hoped that he would be able to find a good and a good friend with whom he can live a simple life and that will take care of him. We worry about scams when she wants to be with him for the money. How can I make the financial security of his son, as if the girl he likes, he will not ask my opinion. Your experience is very welcome, thank you.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

I am interested in this because my husband and I want to come to the Philippines with his son disabled. He is 22 and because of his problems, he has a girl in Russia. We had hoped that he would be able to find a good and a good friend with whom he can live a simple life and that will take care of him. We worry about scams when she wants to be with him for the money. How can I make the financial security of his son, as if the girl he likes, he will not ask my opinion. Your experience is very welcome, thank you.

Depending on the disability, you can hire a live-in caregiver for him. It could be someone who is an RN (Registered Nurse) by training. The cost is about $300 a month plus food and lodging. If the disability is severe, hire two persons to work on a rotation basis. You don't have to worry about scams because the relationship with the caregiver(s) is professional.

• Like 1

Elena
Posted
Posted

Hi! Thank you for your response. Disability is not associated with a physical condition and a neurologist. He may desire for a care myself, but not always understood people's intentions and sees only good things without expecting danger. His disease is difficult to distinguish truth from falsehood. I want to protect him.

• Like 2