Lying... For Self Preservation ( Not For Fun And Profit)

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Hi! Thank you for your response. Disability is not associated with a physical condition and a neurologist. He may desire for a care myself, but not always understood people's intentions and sees only good things without expecting danger. His disease is difficult to distinguish truth from falsehood. I want to protect him.

It sounds like a mild form of autism. We have a friend in Manila who has a small foundation helping children and young adults to be more independent inspite of their mental challenges. Her group was successful in getting De La Salle University to accept students who are not academically competitive. They are in a classroom that provides a learning atmosphere without tests or other forms of academic measurements. The idea is these special students are exposed to university life such as attending sports events and socials. University students are more mature andI heard  some become part of a protective network like inviting these students to the movies.  

I am note sure if the program with De La Salle University is a success or even if it is still on going. I am meeting with her during my next trip to the Philippines, so I will ask.  

• Like 3

Elena
Posted
Posted

Yes, you're right. I did not know how to write in English and the translator did not give options. I will be very grateful for the link to this fund, I think my son, he would have been useful. He planned after we arrived to visit the school of spoken English in Cebu, but worried about their abilities to learn as fast as other people and feel the tightness of my ability.

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Well the Philippine languages do understand the word BUDGET. So if you start everyone thinking he has a SMALL budget, and he has no ability to change that it may offer some protection.

Also look for a woman who has a small family and either professional parents or parents who have a store......  

The farther out of Manila you go, the better. Cebu is a good choice. The more rural areas offer a petter chanve for romance with a woman of similar expectations. The more a woman 'wants' (shopping and night life) the more she needs to be in a city. The less she wants... house and steady food and family life.... the more she stays in the rural areas.   

Also depending on what age your son is and his level of independance as well as his needs to be alone and do it for himself are factors.

If you send me a PM... (click on my name on the left and choose send message) I will send you more private details.

Yes, you're right. I did not know how to write in English and the translator did not give options. I will be very grateful for the link to this fund, I think my son, he would have been useful. He planned after we arrived to visit the school of spoken English in Cebu, but worried about their abilities to learn as fast as other people and feel the tightness of my ability.

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted

If you pay the bills for your stepson youself, and let caretaker just take care of money for food and such, then it can't be much scam anyway.

If he don't need to live in Cebu for something they don't have in smaller cities, then better stay out of Cebu and Davao too, because costs are much less if stay out of the bigest cities. 

Liking your stepson is main to get a good caretaker too.

How old is he?

One wife can be cheaper than having two working caretakers   :dance:

((My sister's parents-in-law took care of kids with Downs syndrom. They treated them almost as normal kids, just as they were 2 years or so younger than they were. One of them is grown up now, has a regular work with transports, even used as instructor sometimes for practicants! He is very good at playing drums, have a girlfriend and own appartment. He just need assistance with some more complicated paperwork, so he live almost as normal.)) 

• Like 3

Elena
Posted
Posted

Hi! Son of 22. It normally lives, works on a simple work, diving, and can take care of themselves in everyday life. Help is needed in dealing with complex issues associated with the document, or when there are any problems. We noticed that the girls in the Philippines are simple and do not require much in Russia. In Russia, the son can not find a girlfriend, but it looks good and kind. But his wife probably too early to think, until just a friend. Maybe in a few years ...

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

If he don't need to live in Cebu for something they don't have in smaller cities, then better stay out of Cebu

Actually.... While Cebu is mostly considered a city, and it very much is, people tend to forget or are unaware that Cebu is also the entire island which offers much more than the city. So Cebu as the Island is a good choice due to international airport, medical care and financial interests and related city offerings, someone can live outside in a more rural area and then when needed, get a ride into the city itself.   

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

One wife can be cheaper than having two working caretakers

It depends.

Initially, your son needs companionship of others his age, both male and female. The word in Pilipino is "barkada" or  group. Most barkadas are supportive and they look out for each other.

The son of a close friend really wanted to drive, but his writing ability is very limited. His stress level goes up if he has to write or answer written questions. What his mother did is arrange for a student permit and hired a driver to seat next him. He will never be able to get a regular driver's license, but that's okay. The driver is also responsible to make sure he does not get into trouble.

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Hi! Son of 22. It normally lives, works on a simple work, diving, and can take care of themselves in everyday life. Help is needed in dealing with complex issues associated with the document, or when there are any problems. We noticed that the girls in the Philippines are simple and do not require much in Russia. In Russia, the son can not find a girlfriend, but it looks good and kind. But his wife probably too early to think, until just a friend. Maybe in a few years ...

Correct me if I am wrong - it sounds like your son needs more of a house-mate and friend to help out occasionally rather than a full time caretaker.  Other than that, he is pretty well self-sufficient.  Am I correct?

Elena
Posted
Posted

Yes, you are right this way

Beachboy
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Elena.

The Autism Society of the Philippines (http://autismsocietyphilippines.blogspot.com/) will be helpful.  They have offices in all of the large and most of the medium size cities.  Their website has email addresses and phone numbers.  

Edited by Beachboy
  • Like 3