Main Differences Between Filipinas And Western Women?

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted

Generally speaking, I am interested to hear from people with broad experiences (not 2 months) especially in regards to long term relationships (not interested in one night stands or casual things) and just local women in general.

What did stand out as soon as you landed in the Philippines?

Thank you

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Easy simple advice good all over the world. Set the 'tone' of the relationship and what you expect. If you meet any resistance. Take it as an omen and walk away.

Let the other guy waste his time giving and taking and compromising and settling. Life is too short for those games for me. I am happy with a cat. And THAT gentlemen is the best card in the hand. I am a reasonable guy with certain expectations and a path to follow. Either follow or not, but I am not waiting. Life is too short to do things anyway but my way.  

Get off the chair Wallaby... Life is passing you by even as we speak. If you are the kind of guy who needs a relationship or you are lost... you are already lost.  

Seriously. Where would Jake be today if he sat on his butt and 'wondered' what life would be like in the navy (our navy, not too sure about yours :hystery:) He ventured out of his mother's sight and found the world at his feet........ make your move! YOU DESERVE IT!

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Easy simple advice good all over the world. Set the 'tone' of the relationship and what you expect. If you meet any resistance. Take it as an omen and walk away. Let the other guy waste his time giving and taking and compromising and settling. Life is too short for those games for me. I am happy with a cat.
Well. Good relations need some compromising normaly, because it's very uncommon to find anyone thinking exactly the same :)  Without being prepared to do SOME compromising we better stay with our cats, I have one too  :)    But you are corect concerning "set the tone" , better tell in advance what we expect and what we can and can't find OK e g concerning support to her family, and if there are any demands at her family to get such support.  (E g - except some to parents, if they have reached retirement age - I will demand sibblings will try their best to get any assistance at all, so it will be enough to assist them with some Help-to-self-help.)

E g Filipinas asking for money/things early in a relation/contact, is a good omen to walk away  :)

(E g one Filipina, who I got to know some years ago, did a stupid business without proper checking of the deal and without checking with me first, and then she expected me to cover her loss! (I didn't.)  Then she paid a down payment for a land without asking me, having money only to the down payment herself (20 000p) and then she expected me to pay the rest, although I had told her I will not buy any land before I live in RP permanently. Showing a very bad business mind twice, plus the expectations I would cover it, that's not a good material for a wife. So she never got any money from me, just some advice and a few "Like" at Facebook  :)

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well just one of the things I noticed is how caring and compassionate they are (and after 6 years she still is) .... there seems to be a built in motherly instinct in them to take care of you .... it took me a long time to get used to the idea of wanting to do everything for me ..... this to me was the biggest difference from western women ..... some western women will do it for a few months .... maybe last 6 months but then as they say the honeymoon is over ..... for me it has so far been a 6 year honeymoon ..... :thumbsup:  .... JMHO

:cheersty:

• Like 5

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Well just one of the things I noticed is how caring and compassionate they are (and after 6 years she still is) .... there seems to be a built in motherly instinct in them to take care of you .... it took me a long time to get used to the idea of wanting to do everything for me ..... this to me was the biggest difference from western women ..... some western women will do it for a few months .... maybe last 6 months but then as they say the honeymoon is over ..... for me it has so far been a 6 year honeymoon ..... :thumbsup:  .... JMHO

:cheersty:

Yes. I answered only Bruce, forgot to answer the main question  :)

Filipinas - the good ones  :) not golddiggers - are very much caring of her husband/boyfriend.

They are very much caring of their blood relatives too.

Just need to get one of them, who don't care to much of her Filipin family compared to her foreign husband  :)   then it's a good chance she do her part to make a good relation  :)  (I mean if asume agreeing about the big questions, if there aren't any not negotiable as e g not good if one want no children and the other want 10   :hystery:

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have only been with mine for 5 months but the honeymoon just gets better - it sure ain't over  :)  

If you find a good one, not a gold digger, they are the most caring partners I have ever seen.  Heck even the gold diggers are better than American gold diggers ha ha!

It may be the upringing, family, church, just the society.  Whatever it is, it works.

Kind of like a Mexican friend I had.  He said his mom told him to marry a Mexican girl because she will take good care of him.  And told his sister to marry a white guy because he would take care of her!

• Like 4

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Wow, the difference..... is not only on the outside...., I will admit to being lustful of Filipinas ever since I first laid my eyes on one!

But more so on the inside, in so many ways it would almost impossible for me to list them all!

I don't want to be accused of lumping all Filipina into any one group, but I can say this......

It is better in the Philippines!!!!

And Filipinas are a BIG part of that, believe me!

Papa Carl

• Like 3

GregZ
Posted
Posted
I have only been with mine for 5 months but the honeymoon just gets better - it sure ain't over

15 months and still resembling this remark, getting better all the time.  I will talk specifics and not generalities. 

The difference to me is that we are running in the same direction.  In the USA the last woman I was with started running in another direction and she was hard to keep up with so I finally quit.  That was after she announced that she found a replacement for me. 

My woman here is committed to staying with me and going in the same direction so we can achieve our mutual dreams together.  We agree on all the BIG stuff and we mostly agree on the small stuff... but wherever we do disagree the final call is mine.  I am not one that seeks power, nor will I abuse it, so this is working WONDERFULLY for US.

YOUR results WILL vary.

• Like 3

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted

I am a reasonable guy with certain expectations and a path to follow. Either follow or not, but I am not waiting. Life is too short to do things anyway but my way.  

Get off the chair Wallaby... Life is passing you by even as we speak. If you are the kind of guy who needs a relationship or you are lost... you are already lost.  

Seriously. Where would Jake be today if he sat on his butt and 'wondered' what life would be like in the navy (our navy, not too sure about yours :hystery:) He ventured out of his mother's sight and found the world at his feet........ make your move! YOU DESERVE IT!

How old are you?

I already made many moves but this time I am planning my next one very carefully...since I had bad luck with Australians, 1 Kiwi, 1 Canadian and 1 American.

Funny that you mention about your way as my ex-wife used to tell me that it was always either my way or no way.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Two harder part to solve, because of cultural differences, can be:

/rules for supporting her family. Even if the wife agree, she can get hard pressure from her relatives, so not enough to find a good wife, we can need to find a good whole Filipin family too  :)

/And perhaps the hardest - keep kids out of parent's bed. Breast fead babies I find OK, even good for contact during the first months, but I surely don't want them still in my bed during my sleeping time, when they are 12  :lol:

• Like 2