Main Differences Between Filipinas And Western Women?

Mike S
Posted
Posted
May I ask you your and her age (even if you change it by a couple of years is OK, it just gives me the idea) and the area where she is from?

No secrete she is now 44 and I am 68 .... she is originally from Negros Occidental but lived and worked for over 20 years in Manila before I met her on line .... it was a standing joke in the family as her sister was the one who put her bio on FilipinaHeart without her knowledge as she felt she was getting to old to find a husband .... now years later her sister (my asawa) is now married to me a foreigner and she just a short time ago hooked up with a nice hardworking Filipino and they had their first son a couple of weeks ago .... funny how things work out that way .... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted
OMG there is hope for mine too then? They eat no vegetables around here! But she has started cooking them for me - she still won't eat any though ha ha :tiphat:

WOW ..... really ..... my asawa would rather eat veggies and rice than anything ..... but then I guess it is how they were raised as she is always telling me that as a kid growing up and even after she left home her father always cooked veggies as part of their ulam with or without fish or chicken and pork .... we have veggies everyday of some kind or other .... except when we go to McDoo's to get one of those delicious "Big and Tasty" hamburgers .....  :mocking:  :mocking: 

• Like 1

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

Dave my Filipina has been in o/z for 35 years and she is well and truly a western woman, accept when it comes to family parties etc with her Filipina family then all of them revert,so I just grab a drink and a smoke and head outside :bash:

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

I have been trying to imagine the 'main differences' between filipinas and western women and it made me wonder, if you take a filipina to the west does she become a western woman?  If the answer is yes then the main difference is the culture and location of the Philippine islands.

I have always believed from the Filipinas that I have met who no longer live in the Philippines that they are somehow different from those I have met in the Philippines. I guess if you are happily married to a Filipina and you both now live outside of the Philippines it makes no difference, but I think there are too many stories of Expats marrying Filipinas, taking them to another country to live....., and shortly there after returning to the Philippines to find another Filipina as the previous one has left, or the expat could no longer liver with the first, or second, or third etc etc.

I am glad that I decided to stay in the Philippines, as I believe I like Ellie the way she is and I would not want to take the chance that she might change in some way, just because she has become more "westernized"?

Just my opinion, don't want to get shot for saying it, and before anyone has a go at me, I do know that there are members here who are married to Filipinas for a  long time and no longer live here....., but there are always exceptions to every rule?

Papa Carl

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I am glad that I decided to stay in the Philippines, as I believe I like Ellie the way she is and I would not want to take the chance that she might change in some way, just because she has become more "westernized"?
Yes. I think the same, and don't even want my presumtive wife to visit Sweden EVER,

but perhaps I will not manage to avoid she will travell and meet my family once, but I try to delay it until not yet born kids become at least 4 years old  :lol:

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Yes. I think the same, and don't even want my presumtive wife to visit Sweden EVER,

but perhaps I will not manage to avoid she will travell and meet my family once, but I try to delay it until not yet born kids become at least 4 years old  :lol:

Thomas! For such a smart guy, you are not paying attention to the Pinay Plan in Marrying A Foreigner (hardback edition).

You understand the meaning of BC and AD? Well the Pinay Marriage Plan book clearly states BM and AM plans (before and after marriage) pre marriage plans, during the marriage plans and then long range plans after the foreigner husband dies. Now there are variables as some husbands are nice enough to die on que and some others can't take a hint and need a bit of coaching. :th_unfair:

So, during the marriage, you will be signing papers and filling out forms to get your as yet to be named bride Swedish citizenship. Now, Thomas, I am already ahead of you in thinking you will reply with a detail discourse on why you will not allow that. But in reality, once you have spawned, you will make the adjustments necessary and start the application process for your kids and their mother.

So she may not travel to much to Sweden whilst you are alive, but one you are gone, then that is another matter. But what do you care, you will be dead, right!   :thumbsup:

One thing about the Pinay... they are patient women..... They have time... lots of time. :hystery:

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Thomas! For such a smart guy, you are not paying attention to the Pinay Plan in Marrying A Foreigner (hardback edition).

You understand the meaning of BC and AD? Well the Pinay Marriage Plan book clearly states BM and AM plans (before and after marriage) pre marriage plans, during the marriage plans and then long range plans after the foreigner husband dies. Now there are variables as some husbands are nice enough to die on que and some others can't take a hint and need a bit of coaching. :th_unfair:

So, during the marriage, you will be signing papers and filling out forms to get your as yet to be named bride Swedish citizenship. Now, Thomas, I am already ahead of you in thinking you will reply with a detail discourse on why you will not allow that. But in reality, once you have spawned, you will make the adjustments necessary and start the application process for your kids and their mother.

So she may not travel to much to Sweden whilst you are alive, but one you are gone, then that is another matter. But what do you care, you will be dead, right!   :thumbsup:

One thing about the Pinay... they are patient women..... They have time... lots of time. :hystery:

Well. It isn't odd if a poor woman aim at geting some better economical security by marrying an older man, who has some better economy. It has been very common in "kano countries" too, but has become a less important and less common factor since women started working outside home.

Some other factors, which attract many women, are:

/reliable - older husbands are more reliable in average than young ones - except during "old man desease" (=middle age crisis)  when it dip for a while  :)   - That's a part of the security too, which some women value high.

/power  - men often peak around 50-55, some years before retirement, which make some NOT poor women REALY are attracted by rather much older men

/patience.

All these three are older men in average better at than young ones. In some cases too knowledge, if follow the developing enough, not living in the past to much.

(If comparing a 20 year old man with a 40 year old man there are more - scientific proven - advantages for a young woman too be with the older, but I jump writing about them now, because in many Filipina-foreigner marriage cases the man is older than around 40.)

Then there are other factors where the younger men are better   :)

Different women value the factors different high, not odd if a poor woman value the economic SECURITY high (=knowing if have enough for the basic needs.)

Aiming at having ENOUGH economic security to live OK is a HUGE difference from

scamming to get RICH...

I have no problem with the first type, but work hard to try to avoid the second  :)

A "rough sorting step" in finding a good wife if poor can be telling e g "I will not send/give any money within at least a half year",

because then skip the not patient scammers to try and try to scam others instead, because it's much less work for them. Such scammers try to fool many men at the same time, and it's some hard to be married to 10 men at the same time  :lol:

An other early "scam filter" is telling I will settle in RP, so marrying me will NOT give her a stay permit in a "kano country".

You are corect concerning I plan to give my future kids Swedish citizenships too, because then they will get some economic support from the Swedish government if I die before they are 18*, but NOT try to give my wife Swedish citizenship, because if any support by that to her would be small. And probably she wouldn't get approval for such anyway, because we live in RP. (Compare the topic concerning problems for Brits to move back to UK accomplished by their Asian wifes. I haven't checked, but I believe it's some similar in Sweden.)

Perhaps a third "scam filter" fact can be telling men in my family get very old in average  :)  

And if I will have some doubt left when I want to retire,  I will try to keep me more worth alive than dead  :)  by keeping control over my business keeping some "business secrets" knowledge for myself,

but put instructions in a bank security box, so she don't either know they excist or find them before I have died, so she don't get unnecesary economical problems if a die - a natural death  :)

*As well as I try to avoid my wife to visit Sweden, I will try to avoid telling her that child support advantage for several years, until I see if she want to keep me alive or not  :)  Perhaps never tell, except in that bank security box instructions.

It's left to see if my "scam filters" and my "scammer radar" are good enough to avoid to marry a scammer with patience  :)

I suppose I can get many hints during the years by e g make "Help-to-self-help" projects. and see how they handle them.

Bruce
Posted
Posted
And if I will have some doubt left when I want to retire, I will try to keep me more worth alive than dead by keeping control over my business keeping some "business secrets" knowledge for myself, but put instructions in a bank security box, so she don't either know they excist or find them before I have died, so she don't get unnecesary economical problems if a die - a natural death

Very wise advice! :thumbsup:

Mike S
Posted
Posted

And if I will have some doubt left when I want to retire, I will try to keep me more worth alive than dead by keeping control over my business keeping some "business secrets" knowledge for myself, but put instructions in a bank security box, so she don't either know they excist or find them before I have died, so she don't get unnecesary economical problems if a die - a natural death

Very wise advice! :thumbsup:

Hummmmmm ..... well I guess that means that according to the thought pattern here that we will all be beheaded for our wealth or we should always be looking over our shoulder .... me ... I would rather sit outside in my law chair and wait for lightning to strike me .... it will happen a lot sooner than my asawa putting me down .... she has had excess to all our accounts and safety deposit box form day one and I think I'm still alive ..... wait ... let me pinch myself to see ..... (pinch) ... yup still here

Thomas as to your safety deposit box I'm not real sure about Phil laws on them but if your future asawa has no excess to them if you should have a heart attack or stroke she will not have any means to access the contents and when the lease on the box runs out (normally 2 years) the contents will probably go to the Phil government but I'm sure they will appreciate your contribution ..... JMHO

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted
Hummmmmm ..... well I guess that means that according to the thought pattern here that we will all be beheaded for our wealth or we should always be looking over our shoulder

I hear what you say. However on this forum, 'we' have a habit of reacting to the death of a foreigner, in his house, when the wife is not there for some reason... Well we naturally assume that the wife or her family paid or requested for the nasty end to the foreigner. And there will multiple posts expressing some for or another about that theory.