Main Differences Between Filipinas And Western Women?

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted

I have only been with mine for 5 months but the honeymoon just gets better - it sure ain't over

15 months and still resembling this remark, getting better all the time.  I will talk specifics and not generalities. 

The difference to me is that we are running in the same direction.  In the USA the last woman I was with started running in another direction and she was hard to keep up with so I finally quit.  That was after she announced that she found a replacement for me. 

My woman here is committed to staying with me and going in the same direction so we can achieve our mutual dreams together.  We agree on all the BIG stuff and we mostly agree on the small stuff... but wherever we do disagree the final call is mine.  I am not one that seeks power, nor will I abuse it, so this is working WONDERFULLY for US.

YOUR results WILL vary.

That's great to hear!

Question: how do you talk about finance/money to your Filipina, especially if she has an extended family? (of course, always generally speaking).

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted

Well just one of the things I noticed is how caring and compassionate they are (and after 6 years she still is) .... there seems to be a built in motherly instinct in them to take care of you .... it took me a long time to get used to the idea of wanting to do everything for me ..... this to me was the biggest difference from western women ..... some western women will do it for a few months .... maybe last 6 months but then as they say the honeymoon is over ..... for me it has so far been a 6 year honeymoon ..... :thumbsup:  .... JMHO

:cheersty:

Yes. I answered only Bruce, forgot to answer the main question  :)

Filipinas - the good ones  :) not golddiggers - are very much caring of her husband/boyfriend.

They are very much caring of their blood relatives too.

Just need to get one of them, who don't care to much of her Filipin family compared to her foreign husband  :)   then it's a good chance she do her part to make a good relation  :)  (I mean if asume agreeing about the big questions, if there aren't any not negotiable as e g not good if one want no children and the other want 10   :hystery:

That's one of my big issues with relationships: I don't want children and I think over there most are extremely sensitive to the word "abortion"...which is a concern since an American woman I dated got pregnant even while on the pill (not with me luckily) or at least that's what she told me and I am no expert about that stuff.

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted

Well just one of the things I noticed is how caring and compassionate they are (and after 6 years she still is) .... there seems to be a built in motherly instinct in them to take care of you .... it took me a long time to get used to the idea of wanting to do everything for me ..... this to me was the biggest difference from western women ..... some western women will do it for a few months .... maybe last 6 months but then as they say the honeymoon is over ..... for me it has so far been a 6 year honeymoon ..... :thumbsup:  .... JMHO

That's awesome!

May I ask you your and her age (even if you change it by a couple of years is OK, it just gives me the idea) and the area where she is from?

Thank you and wish you the best for many more years!

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am a reasonable guy with certain expectations and a path to follow. Either follow or not, but I am not waiting. Life is too short to do things anyway but my way.  

Get off the chair Wallaby... Life is passing you by even as we speak. If you are the kind of guy who needs a relationship or you are lost... you are already lost.  

Seriously. Where would Jake be today if he sat on his butt and 'wondered' what life would be like in the navy (our navy, not too sure about yours :hystery:) He ventured out of his mother's sight and found the world at his feet........ make your move! YOU DESERVE IT!

How old are you?

I already made many moves but this time I am planning my next one very carefully...since I had bad luck with Australians, 1 Kiwi, 1 Canadian and 1 American.

Funny that you mention about your way as my ex-wife used to tell me that it was always either my way or no way.

I am 56.

In looking at your history with women and what you seem to think are failed relationships, perhaps you need to change your views.

Life is a series of events and relationships and experiences. Stop looking for 'the soul mate' for all of eternity and start looking for a workable relationship. If you are lucky, you will die before the relationship sours and you will have achieved your goal.  

As an example.... for those of you trekies who follow Star Trek and the clones afterward, There was an episode on The Next Generation in which Data played a game with an alien who was a master at that game. Data lost the 1st time which shocked everyone because he was an android and much faster and smarter than you humans. 

Data ended up winning at the end of the episode and when asked how he won this time but not the previous game, he replied that he changed his tactics. In the first game, he tried to win. And he lost. In the follow up game which he won, he only tried to keep 1 step ahead. Winning was not his goal and as such, he wore down his opponent.  

So, stop looking for Mrs. Wonderful and instead, start looking for Mrs. Acceptable and proceed from there. Change your tactics.

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 3

GregZ
Posted
Posted
Question: how do you talk about finance/money to your Filipina, especially if she has an extended family? (of course, always generally speaking).

I just can't follow directions sometimes.... so

Specifically, she does not ask for money and none of her family asks for money.  The relatives outside of the immediate family that ask for money are told no.  She tells them (they will not ask me), "It is not my money; it is his money and there is none available."  They stop asking.  If they ever ask me I will just tell them that I don't have any available OR play with their head and say, "It is all Taring's money; that is why I am with her."

As far as our internal finances.  I set the budget.  She has HER money that I call "spending money" NOT "allowance".  She uses that for herself and to give to her family when she wants.  I usually give more, always optional, to her along the way for 'good' causes because I am like that.  We buy book bags for school and small things like that.

We go shopping together and I keep track in my head of what the total is.  She gets to decide what we buy mostly.  Of course she always wants too much meat, so we get that last when the money is about gone. :mocking:   We've gone through a lot of learning, both of us, to come to something that works really well.  I collect all the information about WHY things are done a certain way and IF I have a better way.... let's just say VERY ACCOMMODATING.  If my way is not SIGNIFICANTLY better then I just let it go.

She is willing to learn on things like portion control veggie/meat ratio.  Specific example: At first we would buy 1.5 kilo of meat for the two of us.  That would go into the pot, ALL of it with very little veggie matter.  We would eat 2 meals from it, but that makes 1/3 kilo of meat per serving, over 3/4 pound (boneless).  I like more vegetables, so what I do now is divide the meat into smaller packages before putting it in the freezer.  Now, she gets a more appropriate amount of meat for the dish she is making... and MOST of them include veggies.  Always wanting to please. :thumbsup:

I hope this makes sense.  There are so many variables that it is hard to describe in words.  Some dishes work better with a lot of meat and some are fine with smaller amounts.  Things like soups for instance do not require a LOT of meat to get the flavor.  So she will use more than 1 of the smaller packs if it is appropriate.  Whenever I notice something that I like I am quick to compliment.

This is turning into a book. C - GregZ, 2013 :bash:

Questions?

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
That's one of my big issues with relationships: I don't want children and I think over there most are extremely sensitive to the word "abortion"...which is a concern since an American woman I dated got pregnant even while on the pill (not with me luckily) or at least that's what she told me and I am no expert about that stuff.
That's easy solved by you marry someone with grown up children, have got enough to be satisfied, and you make a vasektomy = No abortions needed  :)

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
and MOST of them include veggies.

OMG there is hope for mine too then?   They eat no vegetables around here!  But she has started cooking them for me - she still won't eat any though ha ha   :tiphat:

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

If you are serious about not having kids get sniped ..... it doesn't change anything except get rid of the swimmers .... :hystery:  ..... I had informed my asawa long before I met her in person that I had taken that road and didn't want to raise anymore kids ..... she agreed and as she was in her 30's at the time it didn't bother her .... besides she has me when the motherly instinct arises ..... :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I have been trying to imagine the 'main differences' between filipinas and western women and it made me wonder, if you take a filipina to the west does she become a western woman?  If the answer is yes then the main difference is the culture and location of the Philippine islands.

• Like 4

GregZ
Posted
Posted
OMG there is hope for mine too then? They eat no vegetables around here! But she has started cooking them for me - she still won't eat any though ha ha :tiphat:

Yes Tuka, there is hope.  Patience won the race for me on that one.  It was about 7 months until I was routinely 'happy' with the menu.  :23_11_59[1]:  There was no hurry to me though.  I plan on having about 40 years to get everything worked out PERFECTLY.  I was and still am cautious with trying to effect change because she is very much wanting to please me and I don't want to make her feel inadequate.  The years of experience that I have over her (30) provided some room for her to feel insecure.  During that time I had MANY accomplishments; everything I tried except an enduring relationship.  So I also slowed down my imparting of knowledge. :th_imstupid:

I would not change what I have now for anything anywhere!  :chickendance:

:444: If you (not anyone in particular) are worried about sharing money, just stay on your own and all your money remains your own.  I used to have ALL the toys AND a big bank account.  GUESS WHAT?  They didn't make me happy.  My Filipina does!  Right now I have LITTLE in the bank but a FULL HEART, the only thing I can't buy.  :541:  I'm not saying I give away all my money here.  I am just saying that if a little more goes out than planned it doesn't bother me much.  It all comes back to me in love and my treatment by the whole family.  ALWAYS the best seat in the house, first plate of food, etc... things that are really nice and I appreciate them even though at times it makes me uncomfortable.

• Like 3