Slowly Getting There - The House

Thomas
Posted
Posted
They follow it I guess but they have certain assessment for high class, middle class and based on the other house. We paid 45k for annual 450 sqm lot with 680 sqm floor area.
The tax is suppoused to be counted at the VALUE of the property, which owner have to estimate and sign it's true each 3rd year.

Then counting 20 % of the LAND value  

+ 50/60 percent of the BUILDING value    (Because of the size of your house, it sound as your building reach such value = above 5 mill/10 mill.  The part of the value to count is less, even down to 0, for less worth houses.)

Then the corect tax is 1-2 % of the sum of above (depending of where you live). I BELIEVE it's 2 % in Laguna.

So IF my asumtion of the value is corect, and it's 2 % where the house is, then your tax was LESS than corect   :)  

After you get your certificate of occupancy and Cetificate of final electrical inspection you go to Assessors office to file it. If we don't they have penalties...
I have heared RUMOURS telling some profesional builders systematicly DON'T fully finnish their buildings, because if it isn't finnished, then they don't need to do that registration yet = They don't need to pay tax for such buildings.     BUT I don't know if that's true.
  • Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
I have heared RUMOURS telling some profesional builders systematicly DON'T fully finnish their buildings, because if it isn't finnished, then they don't need to do that registration yet = They don't need to pay tax for such buildings. BUT I don't know if that's true.

Ah, that makes a lot of sense given my conversations with the builder.  All of a sudden it all becomes clear.  Thanks Thomas.

billygoat993
Posted
Posted

They follow it I guess but they have certain assessment for high class, middle class and based on the other house. We paid 45k for annual 450 sqm lot with 680 sqm floor area.

The tax is suppoused to be counted at the VALUE of the property, which owner have to estimate and sign it's true each 3rd year.

Then counting 20 % of the LAND value

+ 50/60 percent of the BUILDING value (Because of the size of your house, it sound as your building reach such value = above 5 mill/10 mill. The part of the value to count is less, even down to 0, for less worth houses.)

Then the corect tax is 1-2 % of the sum of above (depending of where you live). I BELIEVE it's 2 % in Laguna.

So IF my asumtion of the value is corect, and it's 2 % where the house is, then your tax was LESS than corect :)

After you get your certificate of occupancy and Cetificate of final electrical inspection you go to Assessors office to file it. If we don't they have penalties...

I have heared RUMOURS telling some profesional builders systematicly DON'T fully finnish their buildings, because if it isn't finnished, then they don't need to do that registration yet = They don't need to pay tax for such buildings. BUT I don't know if that's true.

The computaion is right actually it cost me more than the amount you quoted to build i can't post oic of the house lol but we are in the Philippines where magical things happen. In our case we submit blue print plus sworn statement of how much we build. They come and assess and magic happens.

Its true you do not have to pay if not finished but get another bldg permit since only 1 yr is the validity and subdivision penalize as well since they ask Occupancy permit before move in. But famous for that is Perpetual help college.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
billygoat993
Posted
Posted

Any update on your house? How much did it cost you for property tax improvement. Just finished building this 2300sqft use I beams and tax is sky high!

Really! I pay less than $75 on 50% larger than that. If you pay the full year before Jan 1, you get 20% discount.

Sorry Jobago the house my mistake with the floor area. The house picture i posted here is 680sqm its around 7319 sqft. The 2300sqft is located at laguna bel air the other house of my wife.

Americano
Posted
Posted

I have heard that some tax assessors charge more tax depending on the quality of your furniture. This sounds like corruption to me since the amount of tax should be based on the value of the land and the house. The chairs, tables, beds, TV etc. shouldn't have anything to do with the amount of tax owed. For this reason its best to complete the house and all tax assessments before buying any nice furnishings.

Where I live the cost of the permit to build a fence or wall around your house is based on the height of the fence or wall. The length of the wall doesn't affect the cost. You would think there would be a formula to determine the cost based on the length and height. Its just another thing that makes no sense.

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I have heard that some tax assessors charge more tax depending on the quality of your furniture. This sounds like corruption to me since the amount of tax should be based on the value of the land and the house.
Well. Some tax people seem to try to get as much as they can or only make up a sum, instead of making a proper counting based on the value. PERHAPS some tax assessors don't know how to count corect and don't want to show it  :)

(I don't remember the sums, just roughly the proportions, so the numbers are made up, but the rest I have been told by the foreigner himself. I don't tell where to avoid comproment the foreigner, but it's in Visayas.)

The real estate was going to be taxed first time with this foreigner as owner.

-Your tax will be 70 000 pesos, said the tax assessor.

-That's to much, said the house owner foreigner. 40 000 pesos. Take it or leave it.

And the tax assessor accepted 40 000!!!   :lol:

• Like 2

johnb
Posted
Posted

Its difficult to get an approximate figure for tax on your property as tax assessors are not constant with there calculations, I've built one three bedroom house, one two bedroom house [ just completing that one] and three one bedroom apartments, all of the constructions are on the same lot but over the years they have been assessed by different assessors, some will increase tax if you have sliding sashes on your windows and not opening sashes, on our plans for one house we had a room marked as office, so the tax assessor wanted to charge more for that, eventually I just altered the specs on the plans, my wife took him the new plans, bought him some snacks and our bill dropped by more than 50%, never was a site visit he just worked from our house plans.

you mentioned fly screen in an earlier post, what I've used here as I did in Africa, is simple net curtains buy them minimum one and a half times the width of your window but two times is better, use the flexible plastic coated curtain cord on the top and bottom of the window this simply hooks to a hook and eye, hem the top and the bottom of the nets so wind doesent lift them, if you make two curtains per window its easy to put your hand through to open or close windows, when they get dirty just wash them, they look neat and tidy and keep the bugs out and simple to clean, Plastic guttering can now be purchased from Citihardware perhaps other hardwares, it has a box profile some 115mm in depth and front to back and comes in 3m lengths, has all the normal straight unions, 90degree turns running outlets etc its fixed using plastic brackets that are fixed to your bottom purlin,

Johnb

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
tax assessors are not constant with there calculations,
never was a site visit he just worked from our house plans.
No photos?

Taxes are suppoused to depend of VALUE, and value depend much of FINNISH. Hard to see finnish quality at a house plan blueprint...  :)

billygoat993
Posted
Posted

I agree with you John, they just give a figure that they feel like. Its true to us same place different values different house all the same size and everything since its built by the developer. Fortunately my wife had learned to be a a bit of a crook lol. But I agree with Thomas you can ask for another assessment but in our case we can't cause we improve the property and maintain it.

• Like 1

johnb
Posted
Posted

tax assessors are not constant with there calculations,

never was a site visit he just worked from our house plans.
No photos?

Taxes are suppoused to depend of VALUE, and value depend much of FINNISH. Hard to see finnish quality at a house plan blueprint...  :)

I agree but I'm not the tax Assessor, just telling you how it was/ is.