Philippines Banned From Beauty Pageants

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Btw - Isn't it common knowledge the SWEDISH women are the most beautiful?   :)

A huge percentage of the Bond babes are Swedish.

One of my friends from back in school married one a Swedish woman, who became Miss World many years ago. But since around 1990 most of the beautiful Swedish women don't want to participate in beauty contests at all. I don't know if Miss Sweden still excist, but back in the ninties even half of the WINNERS just looked AVERAGE in Swedish messure, so not odd if it's skiped...  :)

• Like 4

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
do you have a link for the story? an URL? what major news source is this from?

It is from the Adobo - a satire site much like the Onion.  But a lot of the Filipinos don't understand the concept of satire... they are passing this around Facebook like it is real ha ha   :tiphat:

• Like 4

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

do you have a link for the story? an URL? what major news source is this from?

It is from the Adobo - a satire site much like the Onion.  But a lot of the Filipinos don't understand the concept of satire... they are passing this around Facebook like it is real ha ha   :tiphat:

so this is not a TRUE NEWS story but a joke or a parody of a event?

then if thats the case? is it still "news" or more of a "clean joke"

humm

proper placement  is in "culture"?

• Like 2

bows00
Posted
Posted

Very interesting... but as far as beauty and aesthetics, imho, I find Filipinas to be bigger, shorter and less pageant qualifying than other oriental counterparts. The only advantages I see are their English speaking abilities -

• Like 3

Americano
Posted
Posted

Very interesting... but as far as beauty and aesthetics, imho, I find Filipinas to be bigger, shorter and less pageant qualifying than other oriental counterparts. The only advantages I see are their English speaking abilities -

As my wife has said many times, "Its raining beautiful women but there's a flood of ugly ones."  I have been living in the Philippines for 4 year now and rarely see a beautiful woman. Most are common looking or ugly to me. Most beautiful Filipinas are only part Filipino.  My wife is more Spanish than Filipino and Filipino beauty queens are more Westerners than Filipino.

• Like 4

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

When I'm in the Philippines most of girls I see are short and chubby. Where are all these beuaty contest types hiding? I must be visiting the worong places...LOL

Yes holidaying in Jollibee's is not the place to find beauty queens  :lol:  

That is funny....however I did see a real cutie working at the Colon Jollibee the other day :)

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)
Btw - Isn't it common knowledge the SWEDISH women are the most beautiful? 

Only if you are a Swede. The truth is standards change. At one time the well endowed blonde bombshell with a Coca-Cola bottle shape was the preference. This is the basis for the Swedish myth, also known as the "Marilyn Monroe" beauty standard.

Some African countries prefer women with wide hips and big behinds. In Japan, there is no emphasis on the breast. The traditional kimono includes a wrap to flatten the chest. According to one comedian, Russian women should look like they are building dams or something.

As the old saying goes, "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder."

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 3

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

It is the mix of bloods that seems to dictate the level of beauty of Filipinas. Caucasian, Spanish and Chinese blood mixes seem to yield the prettiest girls IMO. The native pure blood girls with curly hair are less attractive unless National Geographic types are your cup of tea  :lol:

• Like 5

Thomas
Posted
Posted

It is the mix of bloods that seems to dictate the level of beauty of Filipinas. Caucasian, Spanish and Chinese blood mixes seem to yield the prettiest girls IMO. The native pure blood girls with curly hair are less attractive unless National Geographic types are your cup of tea  :lol:

Well.  Yes, many of them think themselves they want to marry a white to get our genes  :)   so the kids get whiter skin and our noses. But I doubt they want my potatoe nose   :mocking:

"Filipins" are several different people, looking very different. At least they are Malays (=Mors ?) , Passific Islanders, some coming origin from Taiwan if I remember corect, several different "hill tribes"...   E g the people living around Iligan originaly, where pushed away by invadors from north a couple of hundred years ago.

A hint of they are different people is they talk several different local languages  :)   NOT only different dialects.

• Like 1