Philippines Banned From Beauty Pageants

the_whipster
Posted
Posted

when they are just sitting in a seat on the London tube, or Bangkok skytrain, you have no clue where they are from. They just blend in. When they are moving, and walking around, even if you do not hear them speak, you have much more clues.

robert k
Posted
Posted

I could not understand the logic behind banning filipinas from beauty pageants, when the idea is to have the most beautiful women you can find so people will watch so you can sell advertising. Banning some of your best entrants would seem to be shooting yourself in the foot.

• Like 2

the_whipster
Posted
Posted

um it is a fake story. The Philippines, is always trying to talk itself up, when in actual fact they have very little, to talk themselves up about. They like to say they are the world's leading coconut producer, when they are not. They say that having 7,107 islands is this massive great big deal. When Indonesia has 13,466. Unlike the Philippines Indonesia does not try to brag about it. That would be uncouth,

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

um it is a fake story. The Philippines, is always trying to talk itself up, when in actual fact they have very little, to talk themselves up about. They like to say they are the world's leading coconut producer, when they are not. They say that having 7,107 islands is this massive great big deal. When Indonesia has 13,466. Unlike the Philippines Indonesia does not try to brag about it. That would be uncouth,

Well guys, at least we're getting back on track that is related to the OP.  Here's their news article again, submitted by member

Anthony: Bangkok, Thailand – After today’s fourth-place finish of Annalie Forbes, the Philippines’ representative to the Miss

Grand International Beauty Pageant in Bangkok, Thailand, the Association of Beauty Pageant Franchise Holders (ABPFH)

has banned the Philippines from future international beauty competitions, citing “enormous advantage” by Filipina candidates

in practically all pageants this year.  The disqualification will be in effect for two years.

Are you saying now that story is a fake?  What sources are you basing your statement from?  And then you further justify

your revelation by this statement: The Philippines is always trying to talk itself up.  Where did that come from?  And how is

that related to price of eggs in China?  Exactly, totally off the wall and went right over my head.  

Dang, does anybody have any spare batteries for my bull chit device?  It's really getting deep here.......  

Edited by Jake
spil chik
  • Like 4

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

​I've cruising this line and missed the beauty pageant part of the thread (must be at the beginning imagine that)  But from the comments I have read, many insulting racist and wrong, Thomas is closest to  right. As Italians (myself included) are the handsomest, most beautiful, intelligent, and artist people on earth it is  easy to tell them from Scandinavians :mocking:  

• Like 5

the_whipster
Posted
Posted

Filipinos often talk up their relative success in beauty pageants as being some kind of national feat, like they landed on the moon, or found a cure for cancer. They do pretty well at them, but on a per capita basis, Finland, Sweden, Venezuela, and even Japan do better. What Filipinos don't seem to realise is that for most of the rest of the world, the very idea of beauty pageants are an anachronism and passe.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

​I've cruising this line and missed the beauty pageant part of the thread (must be at the beginning imagine that)  But from the comments I have read, many insulting racist and wrong, Thomas is closest to  right. As Italians (myself included) are the handsomest, most beautiful, intelligent, and artist people on earth it is  easy to tell them from Scandinavians :mocking:  

:thumbsup:   :)

Yes, Italians are good at many things. Italians being best in West Europe in cheating and corruption too,  we can't manage to get a Berlousconi in Sweden   :boohoo:   :)

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Filipinos often talk up their relative success in beauty pageants as being some kind of national feat, like they landed on the moon, or found a cure for cancer. They do pretty well at them, but on a per capita basis, Finland, Sweden, Venezuela, and even Japan do better. What Filipinos don't seem to realise is that for most of the rest of the world, the very idea of beauty pageants are an anachronism and passe.

Hey Whippy, yeah I'm talkin' to you......

Double Huh?  I don't see anything relevant with the OP with your comments above.  Although it has that slight smell

of responding to my question: Are you saying now that story is a fake? (post 34).  Here's your opportunity again to

answer my question.  Please tell us how you knew that the news article quoted in the OP is fake.  We do not

want to continue this thread based on misinformation.  

Now getting back to your comments above: Filipinos often talk up their relative success in beauty pageants as being

some kind of national feat, like they landed on the moon......  

Actually boys and girls, I need to push off from the keyboard and take some chill pills.  Derogatory comment like that

is making my blood boil.

Have a nicer day guys -- Jake 

Edited by Jake
attitude check
  • Like 2

brock
Posted
Posted (edited)

The story about Philippine beauty contestants being banned first appeared  in The Adobo Chronicles,,,unfortunately many people believed it.

Edited by brock
  • Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

The story about Philippine beauty contestants being banned first appeared  in The Adobo Chronicles,,,unfortunately many people believed it.

Thank you Brock.  I researched other sources and found the whole story started in The Adobo Chronicles

was indeed a bad rumor, a fake.  

For this, I will apologize openly to Whippy's comments.  However, his other comments (Filipinos often talk up

their relative success in beauty pageants as being some kind of national feat, like they landed on the moon....

needs to be addressed.  Or perhaps my reading comprehension needs improvement -- do you guys see that

as derogatory?  If not, I will apologize again for losing my cool.

Respectfully -- Jake

• Like 4