13(A) Financial Capacity Of Applicant And/or Petitioner Information.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Follow the dream mate but just be careful.  Most of the advice on here is just that, good advice from those that have been through it already.  Don't take it as negativity, for the most part, it's how to avoid the pitfalls or at least make the process less cumbersome - within the bounds of PI as a whole that is. 

Jack raised a very good point.  It is something you have to consider.

Thomas
Posted
Posted
she has about 50K saved up, along with a plot of land and a very well paying job at the university.
I suppouse it's pesos (?). That's much for most Filipins, but only what a turn and return trip to Phils would cost for you...

"Very well paying job at the university.".

Well. It can be true with FILIPIN messure, BUT it's still not much earning with USA/European messure...

BigTChicago
Posted
Posted

(quote)

so in one post you imply that my wife is a gold digger, that im stupid, and that im going to be killed. normally i wouldnt take offense to this, but im going to make a special exception for this.

lets start with the basics. her family knows i have no money. truly, they know. my wife works at a GOVERNMENT funded university making more than the median average income for a FAMILY. not the true median either. the 25K php (highly false) a month median. and you say the laws and things ill do will get me killed. let me first state that i have been living in the very nastiest part of the usa for the better part of my life. not the sunshine and rainbows that you think the usa is. i have been in the places in the usa you dont even realize exists. places much the same as a 3rd world country. no power, no running water, bad people with bad habits doing things to people for bad reasons. ive seen it all. i think i can handle a university town with a higher standard of living than a good portion of the PH.

let me just state this for you and anyone else who will see it. the person applying for the 13A can be supported by the petitoner. my wife has a good (GOVERNMENT) job with job security. she has a masters degree and is getting her DOCTORATE. she wont really have to worry about job security. thanks for the ALL OPINION and NO FACT reply. the first guy, mike, he is an admin for a reason. he gave me a precise answer and didnt insult me and mine doing it. please take a page from him. and dont ever tell me my wife and her family are gold diggers ever again.

BigTChicago
Posted
Posted

i dont have nearly as much as her saved up. and currently im wondering how much is needed to show financial capacity?

At 22. You have a long way to go till retirement, I am guessing, you do not, have a private Income if I am reading right. The One thing you will be asked at your age, is where,  your earnings come from, Most of the members here, on a 13a, have Pensions. or private provable funding. This my friend could and I only say could,  be a big stumbling block for you.

As you will not be able to take any work until, you have your 13a, you may find that the BOI, will view  you as no visible means of support. This will of course raise some alarm in your Interview, the issue is  "We the Foreigner" have to prove We can take care of our Wives and children

I am sure things will become much clearer as the topic progresses. Things will really come home to you when you are here and can judge for yourself, We all have a little cross to bear on things but  each story, has a different ending, each case is always different. Many Posters, will relay what happened to them, this of course may not happen to you. best be aware though :rolleyes:

I hope yours, will have a Happy Ending

:tiphat:

thank you for your good wishes. i appreciate your input, even if it feels more opinioniated than fact based. you went about it in a respectful and kind way, and as such, i will take your advice to heart. if you need to see why i had a problem with the other poster, see my comment to him if it get approved. i feel as if my wifes goverenment issued check each month should be a good amount to sate the requirement. along with the amount she has in the bank and the land she owns. i was just hoping to get input on people who got the 13a and if they new a "magic number" for the financial capacity requirement. i feel mike, the admin, has summed it up pretty well for me.

BigTChicago
Posted
Posted

she has about 50K saved up, along with a plot of land and a very well paying job at the university.
I suppouse it's pesos (?). That's much for most Filipins, but only what a turn and return trip to Phils would cost for you...

"Very well paying job at the university.".

Well. It can be true with FILIPIN messure, BUT it's still not much earning with USA/European messure...

i realise what you are saying there tom, and yes its pesos. im saving up for my own ticket and costs of the visa and such. that i wont have a problem getting. and i feel you were implying that what she makes wont be enough to support a lifestyle im used to, which i could understand you saying. truly, but i dont live how most people do. see my earlier rant to understand why. i appreciate your imput and thank you for your time

BigTChicago
Posted
Posted

Follow the dream mate but just be careful.  Most of the advice on here is just that, good advice from those that have been through it already.  Don't take it as negativity, for the most part, it's how to avoid the pitfalls or at least make the process less cumbersome - within the bounds of PI as a whole that is. 

Jack raised a very good point.  It is something you have to consider.

i read it, and have responded to him accordingly. he does have some wise words and i will indeed heed them. thanks for your support and time with my problem. im finding the forum is very helpful (for the most part)

MikeB
Posted
Posted

i was just hoping to get input on people who got the 13a and if they new a "magic number" for the financial capacity requirement. i feel mike, the admin, has summed it up pretty well for me.

Let me just clarify what I posted earlier. In my case the financial capacity requirement was no issue but I am much older than you and they may accepted what I said because I am a typical retiree probably having SS or some kind of pension. I don't think BI has a magic number but they may want more proof of your financial means and how you will support the two of you since you are in your early 20s.

Also, please understand that the advice and opinions given on forums is not always 100% correct. Decisions are often at the discretion of whomever is making them and lack of consistency is a big issue. Also things change over time.   

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Hi Tony. Welcome and glad to have you aboard. One thing that wasn't said is the 25k pesos. A quick FYI...at the current exchange of P45 to $1 it comes out to $555. They may be much less than you thought. Again welcome.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

BigT,

I hope that everything works out for you in your move to the Philippines to be with your fiance. I truly wish you the best. In some ways I envy you. To be young again and in love... willing to throw caution to the wind to be with the person you love.

But it never hurts to have a plan B. Things happen. At a minimum I would recommend that you have access to enough emergency cash to get back to the USA. At least $2000 USD. That is money you never touch unless you need to get back to the USA.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

(quote)

so in one post you imply that my wife is a gold digger, that im stupid, and that im going to be killed. normally i wouldnt take offense to this, but im going to make a special exception for this.

lets start with the basics. her family knows i have no money. truly, they know. my wife works at a GOVERNMENT funded university making more than the median average income for a FAMILY. not the true median either. the 25K php (highly false) a month median. and you say the laws and things ill do will get me killed. let me first state that i have been living in the very nastiest part of the usa for the better part of my life. not the sunshine and rainbows that you think the usa is. i have been in the places in the usa you dont even realize exists. places much the same as a 3rd world country. no power, no running water, bad people with bad habits doing things to people for bad reasons. ive seen it all. i think i can handle a university town with a higher standard of living than a good portion of the PH.

let me just state this for you and anyone else who will see it. the person applying for the 13A can be supported by the petitoner. my wife has a good (GOVERNMENT) job with job security. she has a masters degree and is getting her DOCTORATE. she wont really have to worry about job security. thanks for the ALL OPINION and NO FACT reply. the first guy, mike, he is an admin for a reason. he gave me a precise answer and didnt insult me and mine doing it. please take a page from him. and dont ever tell me my wife and her family are gold diggers ever again.

Let me just say this

You seem to think you know it all so why bother asking anything? The members on this forum have experience living in the Philippines. You are still very wet behind the ears and from what I see are going to fall.

So whats your plan, live off the wife? Come to think of it you're not even married. 13a is a spouse visa. 

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php/services/immigrant-visa/section-13a?showall=&limitstart=

• Like 4