13(A) Financial Capacity Of Applicant And/or Petitioner Information.

Kiwi-Alan
Posted
Posted

Big T      Do you know the cost involved in just getting your visa extended.  After 2 months it will cost 7K Peaso when you have to fork out for ID card.

How do you intend to earn to help with the living costs you will incur.       Do you think you will be able to eat the same foods as they do here.

And one question have you visited the Phills before.

BigTChicago
Posted
Posted

Let me just say this

You seem to think you know it all so why bother asking anything? The members on this forum have experience living in the Philippines. You are still very wet behind the ears and from what I see are going to fall.

So whats your plan, live off the wife? Come to think of it you're not even married. 13a is a spouse visa. 

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php/services/immigrant-visa/section-13a?showall=&limitstart=

im sorry, i didnt realise that i needed to let the man insult my wife by insulting her to get answers. next time ill read the rules before becoming offended. and if you bothered to read any of my other posts, i didnt say i knew anything. i actively thanked everyone who gave me good advice and well wishes. literally the first thing mr apartments said was "i wonder why her family wants you there ($$)". now tell me, if he had said the same thing to you, would you be singing the same tune as you are now. and yes, i know im not married to her yet, im sorry that bothered you, but i hold full intention of marrying her. guess i should have called her my fiance. like i did in my first post. granted i did say wife right after that, but to my credit, i dont plan on leaving her.

• Like 1

BigTChicago
Posted
Posted

to all who gave me good advice and well wishes, i appreciate your help and will update as according.

to those who didnt wish me nearly as well and felt offended at me, well im sorry you feel that way, but i am not sorry for what i said.

i will not be following this thread anymore as i have garnered enough information from a few trusted sources. any questions directed at me, feel free to pm me. i will not close the thread due to i feel the answers inside it will benefit others, but if an admin feels like they should delete it, far be it from me to tell them otherwise.

thank you all, especially MikeB. you are a classy individual, mikeB.

Markham
Posted
Posted
currently we have been saving so i can go live with my beautiful wife in the PH. she has about 50K saved up, along with a plot of land and a very well paying job at the university. i currently pay for my bills and a good portion of my mothers bills. so needless to say, i dont have nearly as much as her saved up. and currently im wondering how much is needed to show financial capacity?

Under the new rules, you will have to show regular amounts going into your bank account for at least the last year plus demonstrate that these credits are ongoing. I have heard, anecdotally, that they want to see around $500 per month being credited. You should bear in mind that BI will not take your wife's income or assets into consideration.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

i will not be following this thread anymore

Now that is a shame, after all it is your topic! It would have led onto the marriage Fiasco you will need to go through. For that you will need to be here for mm 40 days I think we all agreed on. You will learn a lot about Rules and Rule changes,but as you say, you have learned enough  :unsure: OK but wait

to all who gave me good advice and well wishes, i appreciate your help and will update as according.

I see you are going to update AH! so you were only Kidding,

Listen, no one here, is taking the P...s or trying to be better or more knowledgeable, we are just long time here guys answering your 

original questions. you have to my mind, got hold of the wrong end of the Stick, Of course we are opinionated, it is our right, but all based on what has happened to us, that makes it factual. Getting on with us here, is the easy part. having an attitude with locals can be downright Stupid. and I think you may have an attitude with them, at some point. What you read is not necessarily how it will be next week.  All any of us, is saying. take time out, read a few Topics and see where they lead you. Please don't come, with a Chip on your Shoulder,  We are here to help you, not destroy you. but you have to meet us halfway.

:tiphat:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
Under the new rules, you will have to show regular amounts going into your bank account for at least the last year plus demonstrate that these credits are ongoing. I have heard, anecdotally, that they want to see around $500 per month being credited. You should bear in mind that BI will not take your wife's income or assets into consideration.

How right you are Mark, In fact, I had to give them a Notorized copy, of all, my Pension awards. they were not interested about my wifes job at all.

:tiphat:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

BigTChicago
Posted
Posted (edited)

currently we have been saving so i can go live with my beautiful wife in the PH. she has about 50K saved up, along with a plot of land and a very well paying job at the university. i currently pay for my bills and a good portion of my mothers bills. so needless to say, i dont have nearly as much as her saved up. and currently im wondering how much is needed to show financial capacity?

Now, i am not trying to pick a fight or challenge your knowledge, but can you show me where it says they wont take my wifes assets? cause on the boi website it says that the applicant or petitioner mayuse their income. i phrased the topic of the thread as such. again, i mean no disrespect toward you or the other member, i just wish to know. and thank you for your help and well wishes.

(Markham, on 31 Jan 2014 - 10:46 PM, said:)

to answer your post,(sorry for the kludged response) i was very offended at the implication of that one member, that was unacceptable. i truly will not respect anything from him from now on. i know its a true fact that many fil-familys want their members to marry into riches, but to imply that my wife is was downright awful. even if (highly unlikely) thats true, you should never say that to someone.

Edited by BigTChicago

BigTChicago
Posted
Posted

now again, because i appreciate the help im getting,  im going to put it out there that i could have my fiance/wife go to the boi in cebu to find out for certain. like it was posted in this thread and other threads, you could ask 5 different branches and get 5 different answers. she has friends in cebu she wanted to visit anyways, so ill pitch the idea to her later tonight when i speak to her.

i still welcome opinions and thoughts on the matter, and will be following the thread a bit longer now. i was angry so i typed in haste, and i appreciate the help from yall.

• Like 1

Kiwi-Alan
Posted
Posted

Can you answer my questions please.

1    Have you ever been to the Phills yet.

2    How do you intend to make a living when you are here.

With that info i can help you with your original question.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
im sorry, i didnt realise that i needed to let the man insult my wife by insulting her to get answers. next time ill read the rules before becoming offended. and if you bothered to read any of my other posts, i didnt say i knew anything. i actively thanked everyone who gave me good advice and well wishes. literally the first thing mr apartments said was "i wonder why her family wants you there ($$)". now tell me, if he had said the same thing to you, would you be singing the same tune as you are now. and yes, i know im not married to her yet, im sorry that bothered you, but i hold full intention of marrying her. guess i should have called her my fiance. like i did in my first post. granted i did say wife right after that, but to my credit, i dont plan on leaving her.

I don't think he was insulting your wife at all. As your never even visited the Philippines, never met your wife to be in person and probably know stuff all about the country then its possible that you have no idea of things that go on with the reasons that a family might want you there badly.

You did not answer the question, are you going to live off your wife? You may have no intention of leaving her but if she kicks you out then don't expect help from the embassy to get you home.

• Like 1