13(A) Financial Capacity Of Applicant And/or Petitioner Information.

BigTChicago
Posted
Posted (edited)

im sorry, i didnt realise that i needed to let the man insult my wife by insulting her to get answers. next time ill read the rules before becoming offended. and if you bothered to read any of my other posts, i didnt say i knew anything. i actively thanked everyone who gave me good advice and well wishes. literally the first thing mr apartments said was "i wonder why her family wants you there ($$)". now tell me, if he had said the same thing to you, would you be singing the same tune as you are now. and yes, i know im not married to her yet, im sorry that bothered you, but i hold full intention of marrying her. guess i should have called her my fiance. like i did in my first post. granted i did say wife right after that, but to my credit, i dont plan on leaving her.

I don't think he was insulting your wife at all. As your never even visited the Philippines, never met your wife to be in person and probably know stuff all about the country then its possible that you have no idea of things that go on with the reasons that a family might want you there badly.

You did not answer the question, are you going to live off your wife? You may have no intention of leaving her but if she kicks you out then don't expect help from the embassy to get you home.

whether he meant it like that or not, he did in fact insult her and her character. the family wants me there badly, and may i add thats my fault for implying they want me there more than they do. they want me there as bad as she wants me there. they dont personally long for me there, but they care enough about their daughter to want her to be happy. thats why they want me there. (may i add they know i have no money, or assets. truly, if they wanted to juice me, all they will get is sand.)

and yes i do plan to live off my wife. and to answer your future question, that is at her behest. she insisted. she doesnt mind me not working (her words, not mine). she just wants me there. crazy i know, how could one person love another to such a degree that money doesnt matter to them. i didnt believe her at first either. but this is what SHE wants. now, again, i will add im not trying to come off as agressive as it seems, but these are the facts. and if for some reason i get divorced (even though the wife said divorce is illegal in the ph) ill figure out a way to get back to the usa.

life is an adventure, even when you plan ahead

Edited by BigTChicago
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

on the boi website

This site (BOI) my friend is not always to be trusted. It does not state, the need for a Police Clearance from your own Country as part of the application, Please read the link Tom (JGF) sent you.BUT it was an addition, by the last Commissioner, This is how things change, as i said  to you before, we have each learned, That all, that is written or not written in this case, can cause any of us to get irate.

I don't often give outright advice, on this occasion, I will,  keep saving, get that Round trip ticket to the Fantasy islands and no Doubt, your Rose Coloured Glasses will come off pretty quickly. I am sure, Everyone here, will wish you the best in the end  :thumbsup: we all love it but then, we have adapted and sometimes, that is what it takes. Adapting (or being one step ahead) whichever comes first  :rolleyes:

a favour to ask from you to me you.  :unsure:

Will you please answer Kiwi's Questions,  :hystery:  he will need his afternoon Nap soon. :mocking:  (sorry kiwi, I could not resist) but all joking apart, he is trying to answer you as best he can, I am sure.

:tiphat:

BigTChicago
Posted
Posted

Can you answer my questions please.

1    Have you ever been to the Phills yet.

2    How do you intend to make a living when you are here.

With that info i can help you with your original question.

no i have not. my wife will support me, at her wishes, not mine. yes i know that is crazy, but yes i do believe she means it

BigTChicago
Posted
Posted

(quote)

indeed i know, and even if i plan to live here, my factors always end with a round trip ticket, with and open ended return. i may be foolish, but im not stupid. and i feel the need to state, in utmost respect to you jack, especially cause you are taking time to help me, to state that i am of a very hardy stock. if you read one of my previous novel of a post about myself, you will hear about how i am very prone to adaption and dropping of the unneccesary to fit within the needed space (if you understand). now im not saying im going to go there and be instantly a native, but with the life ive lived thus far, it wont be nearly a stretch as for others. again, i will be coming off as (boastful? overexceeding?) but as everyone will always agree to, you can never truly walk a mile in someone elses shoes. so, if anything else, just take what im saying with a bit of a shadow over both ends of the spectrum. maybe im a bit more adaptive than you think, but i wont blame you for thinking im not as good as i say (or think) i am.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

no i have not. my wife will support me, at her wishes, not mine. yes i know that is crazy, but yes i do believe she means it

I think I am out of this one for a while, I feel a hornets nest, opening. :rolleyes:  :unsure:  Sorry Kid I tried to help, Hope it doesn't end in tears. :boohoo:

• Like 3

BigTChicago
Posted
Posted

I think I am out of this one for a while, I feel a hornets nest, opening. :rolleyes:  :unsure:  Sorry Kid I tried to help, Hope it doesn't end in tears. :boohoo:

hell man, you tried. thats something. ill be with her come hell or high water. i dont know much, but i do know that i wont be waiting 44 years to be with my wife.

im going to be going dark for the night, but ill update in a few days after the cebu boi trip.

in the utmost respect, heres hoping to prove everyone wrong.

cheers. :cheers:

Will
Posted
Posted

Markham
Posted
Posted

Under the new rules, you will have to show regular amounts going into your bank account for at least the last year plus demonstrate that these credits are ongoing. I have heard, anecdotally, that they want to see around $500 per month being credited. You should bear in mind that BI will not take your wife's income or assets into consideration.

How right you are Mark, In fact, I had to give them a Notorized copy, of all, my Pension awards. they were not interested about my wifes job at all.

It is also worth bearing in mind, Jack, that there is currently a Bill being considered by the Senate and Congress which will add to the requirements a foreigner will have to provide in order to be able to get a Marriage License. They include a statement of financial wealth along with proof of employment (in his home country). That Bill, I'm told, is likely to become law soon and, given the air of anti-foreign nationalism pervading the corridors of power, with beefed-up provisions.

Markham
Posted
Posted

Can you answer my questions please.

1    Have you ever been to the Phills yet.

2    How do you intend to make a living when you are here.

With that info i can help you with your original question.

In that case you almost certainly will not be granted a Section 13(a) Visa. Indeed, you may not even be allowed to marry here (see post #38).

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

It is also worth bearing in mind, Jack, that there is currently a Bill being considered by the Senate and Congress which will add to the requirements a foreigner will have to provide in order to be able to get a Marriage License. They include a statement of financial wealth along with proof of employment (in his home country). That Bill, I'm told, is likely to become law soon and, given the air of anti-foreign nationalism pervading the corridors of power, with beefed-up provisions.  

This, does not surprise me one bit.

In fact, I often wondered why it was not the case in general, up til now, all the registrar has is the usual paperwork needed but nothing, about who or what we are, solvent, bankrupt or whatever So whilst it will be another Hoop to jump through, I can, see the point of it.

Not often I ever agree with these things but it will sure stop, some, if not all, the Scam and bad style marriages. I mean, they stopped a lot of the Scams, when men foreigners had to produce a Cenomar.