13(A) Financial Capacity Of Applicant And/or Petitioner Information.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

It is also worth bearing in mind, Jack, that there is currently a Bill being considered by the Senate and Congress which will add to the requirements a foreigner will have to provide in order to be able to get a Marriage License. They include a statement of financial wealth along with proof of employment (in his home country). That Bill, I'm told, is likely to become law soon and, given the air of anti-foreign nationalism pervading the corridors of power, with beefed-up provisions.

Are you referring to former Cebu Governor (current 3rd District Representative) Gwen Garcia's HB 2387 mandating additional requirements for foreigners marrying Filipine nationals? 

"Not a few of these male foreigners’ real motive for marriage is to exploit our women by making them work and worse, by sending them to prostitution and other degrading and dehumanizing occupations,” Garcia said. The exploitation of Filipino women, thru the so-called mail-order or pen-pal, Facebook, website mail, and other internet instigated marriages, has not only caused untold miseries and sufferings to Filipino women but also brought dishonour and disgrace to Filipino womanhood."

Shame on these evil foreigners for corrupting these virtuous women they meet on the internet.

http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2013/09/13/1206181/additional-requirements-foreigners-marrying-filipinas-eyed

• Like 2

brock
Posted
Posted

Have you ever thought what would happen to you should you need medical assistance ?.

My opinion is that you shouldn't even think about living in the Philippines unless you have a few thousand dollars tucked away.

If not I feel your dream will end badly, Why be foolish when you can be wise.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

she has about 50K saved up, along with a plot of land and a very well paying job at the university.
I suppouse it's pesos (?). That's much for most Filipins, but only what a turn and return trip to Phils would cost for you...

"Very well paying job at the university.".

Well. It can be true with FILIPIN messure, BUT it's still not much earning with USA/European messure...

i realise what you are saying there tom, and yes its pesos. im saving up for my own ticket and costs of the visa and such. that i wont have a problem getting. and i feel you were implying that what she makes wont be enough to support a lifestyle im used to, which i could understand you saying. truly, but i dont live how most people do. see my earlier rant to understand why. i appreciate your imput and thank you for your time

25 000-30 000p =550 - 670 USD. That's not much...

I'm economic, so I spend litle undepending of what I earn, but I don't think I will find 30 000p/month enough in the long run for myself with wife - specialy if add some kids   :)     I believe I can live OK at 40 000p, but I aim at trying to earn 100 000p/month.

Remember there are "kano costs" too. (=e g VISA extensions, perhaps you want to eat some imported "kano food" now and then, and if you want to go to visit family/friends in your home country it will add much cost. Plus in most cases you are expected to pay the much higher "kano prices" when travel and buy something...   

And I suppouse your middle/upper class wife expect a higher living standard than my (future) wife, who is some high educated, but born poor.

I don't know what working skills you have, but it's a need of people with English as native language e g to teach people to Call Centers.

Can you answer my questions please.

1    Have you ever been to the Phills yet.

2    How do you intend to make a living when you are here.

With that info i can help you with your original question.

no i have not. my wife will support me, at her wishes, not mine. yes i know that is crazy, but yes i do believe she means it

Are you sure she didn't ment only in startup? If I were you, I wouldn't count on she will find that satisfactory in the long run.

In cities they are more similiar to westerners, but in the Philippines in general there are still much left of the traditions we had 50 years ago  (=The HUSBAND is expected to earn ALL needed money, while the wife is "home wife" taking care of the home and kids - and husband   :)

there is currently a Bill being considered by the Senate and Congress which will add to the requirements a foreigner will have to provide in order to be able to get a Marriage License. They include a statement of financial wealth along with proof of employment (in his home country)
Historical BEFORE the move to Phils? It would be realy crazy if they demand such from our home country, if it's from people, who are working in Phils allready...  :)

Kiwi-Alan
Posted
Posted

At your tender young age, and lack of wordly experience i beleive you will not last 6 months before your train is derailed.   The women here will have you for breakfast before you even realised you are hungry.

Have you really thought why she wants you there.

1.    First get married.

2     Then get you to take her back to the US of A

3      Then she is in a position to supply the needs of her family.

as most of the men here will tell you the Family of the Lady come before the Husband.

The best bit of advise i can give you is have a return fare, or do not come.    

• Like 1

Markham
Posted
Posted

It is also worth bearing in mind, Jack, that there is currently a Bill being considered by the Senate and Congress which will add to the requirements a foreigner will have to provide in order to be able to get a Marriage License. They include a statement of financial wealth along with proof of employment (in his home country). That Bill, I'm told, is likely to become law soon and, given the air of anti-foreign nationalism pervading the corridors of power, with beefed-up provisions.

Are you referring to former Cebu Governor (current 3rd District Representative) Gwen Garcia's HB 2387 mandating additional requirements for foreigners marrying Filipine nationals? 

"Not a few of these male foreigners’ real motive for marriage is to exploit our women by making them work and worse, by sending them to prostitution and other degrading and dehumanizing occupations,” Garcia said. The exploitation of Filipino women, thru the so-called mail-order or pen-pal, Facebook, website mail, and other internet instigated marriages, has not only caused untold miseries and sufferings to Filipino women but also brought dishonour and disgrace to Filipino womanhood."

Shame on these evil foreigners for corrupting these virtuous women they meet on the internet.

http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2013/09/13/1206181/additional-requirements-foreigners-marrying-filipinas-eyed

I am indeed, Mike, how perceptive you are!

Markham
Posted
Posted
Historical BEFORE the move to Phils? It would be realy crazy if they demand such from our home country

Yes, you did read that correctly!

There are several other requirements in Garcia's Bill and there is some overlap between them and with what's required according to the latest BI rules.

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Big T  just come over on a tourist visa its only about 2 bucks a day and you can stay upto 3 years now get married if you like but you don,t need a 13a to stay  

And yeah make sure you have a exit plan

BigTChicago
Posted
Posted

At your tender young age, and lack of wordly experience i beleive you will not last 6 months before your train is derailed.   The women here will have you for breakfast before you even realised you are hungry.

Have you really thought why she wants you there.

1.    First get married.

2     Then get you to take her back to the US of A

3      Then she is in a position to supply the needs of her family.

as most of the men here will tell you the Family of the Lady come before the Husband.

The best bit of advise i can give you is have a return fare, or do not come.    

i can understand what you are saying, but she doesnt want to leave the PH. i asked her several times, and it would be a HELLUVA lot easier to get her a k1 than it would be for me to get a 13A. but she doesnt want to leave.

BigTChicago
Posted
Posted

Can you answer my questions please.

1    Have you ever been to the Phills yet.

2    How do you intend to make a living when you are here.

With that info i can help you with your original question.

no i have not. my wife will support me, at her wishes, not mine. yes i know that is crazy, but yes i do believe she means it

Are you sure she didn't ment only in startup? If I were you, I wouldn't count on she will find that satisfactory in the long run.

In cities they are more similiar to westerners, but in the Philippines in general there are still much left of the traditions we had 50 years ago  (=The HUSBAND is expected to earn ALL needed money, while the wife is "home wife" taking care of the home and kids - and husband   :)

yes i do mean permanantly. weve been over this forthe past 5 years. its not like i was getting the wrong info for all this time. me and her have been talking for (and i do mean literally) every day for the past 5 years. not just an hour or 2, 8 hours talking to her, i go to work for 8 hours, i sleep for 6, and repeat. for the past 5 years.i think i know what she means.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
Are you referring to former Cebu Governor (current 3rd District Representative) Gwen Garcia's HB 2387 mandating additional requirements for foreigners marrying Filipine nationals? "Not a few of these male foreigners’ real motive for marriage is to exploit our women by making them work and worse, by sending them to prostitution and other degrading and dehumanizing occupations,” Garcia said. The exploitation of Filipino women, thru the so-called mail-order or pen-pal, Facebook, website mail, and other internet instigated marriages, has not only caused untold miseries and sufferings to Filipino women but also brought dishonour and disgrace to Filipino womanhood." Shame on these evil foreigners for corrupting these virtuous women they meet on the internet. http://www.philstar....-filipinas-eyed

And I thought we had a nanny state here... Jeeez