13(A) Financial Capacity Of Applicant And/or Petitioner Information.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

i dont know much, but i do know that i wont be waiting 44 years to be with my wife.

Well big "T" I said the hornets nest would open and it has, maybe not fully yet but before you dig in deeper and get too upset. Remember, you can be here, in as long as it takes to fly from Chicago to Cebu. Get your stamp, get the waiver to the Full 59 days and Bob.'s your Uncle 9  ( mm maybe he is :rolleyes: ) [ He is close enough  :mocking: ] you have enough time to See what it is all about and even have time to get married. As someone has already said, you then have 3 years to get your 13a If it is not forthcoming then you do the whole process again. do a Visa Run like the rest of us do when we are on a 9a Tourist Visa

So lets be Honest now. If you are committed to this Lady ( And I am sure you are) The "Proof of the Pudding is in the Eating" Come and eat some Pudding. Only by being here, I suspect, are you actually going to believe, what we are saying to you, also you will have a first hand opportunity to see, who is right and who is wrong   :rolleyes:

maybe and non of us can know this. there is be a reason, why you just don't do this. Come for 6 weeks do what your Heart tells you to do, you say you won't wait 44 years so come on down, do the 44 + days. if you like it and it all pans out Stay. if Not, cut your loses and go Back Either way, you will I hope, benefit from the Experience :lol:  and my friend, that is both of you :thumbsup:

:tiphat:

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Can you answer my questions please.

1    Have you ever been to the Phills yet.

2    How do you intend to make a living when you are here.

With that info i can help you with your original question.

no i have not. my wife will support me, at her wishes, not mine. yes i know that is crazy, but yes i do believe she means it

Are you sure she didn't ment only in startup? If I were you, I wouldn't count on she will find that satisfactory in the long run.

In cities they are more similiar to westerners, but in the Philippines in general there are still much left of the traditions we had 50 years ago  (=The HUSBAND is expected to earn ALL needed money, while the wife is "home wife" taking care of the home and kids - and husband   :)

yes i do mean permanantly. weve been over this forthe past 5 years. its not like i was getting the wrong info for all this time. me and her have been talking for (and i do mean literally) every day for the past 5 years. not just an hour or 2, 8 hours talking to her, i go to work for 8 hours, i sleep for 6, and repeat. for the past 5 years.i think i know what she means.

Well. I don't doubt you have understood corect what she SAY

BUT people don't allways say what they MEAN...  :)

And even IF she realy mean NOW what she say,

I don't believe she will like it in the long run she working while you don't...

Think yourself - WHY would she like that in the long run?....

But perhaps she is a very modern woman, wanting a male "housewife" while she work outside home. Or is she much older than you?  Then she perhaps want a "trophy husband"   :)     Joke aside. I DON'T find it fishy she can find it ok to support you in the SHORT run, but very odd for the long run...

Kiwi-Alan
Posted
Posted

Big T      You say you have been talking to this Lady for 5 years, that would have made you still a minor when this hot steamy internet relationship started.       If you do not mind me asking you.

Why has it taken this long to think about a visit to meet the love of your life.

And also how old is your intended Wife.

I hope you can make it work, but more relationships fail here than mature.

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

Big T,

I was married in the Philippines in 2011 and then became a Permanent resident on a 13A Visa but as other posters here have told you things change. Some of the requirements for getting married and becoming a Permanent Resident have changed since then so its best to get your information concerning these topics from those who have very recently completed them and directly from the Immigrating office, don't depend on their website which may not be up to date.

I wish you the very best and I hope your dreams and plans come true.

I will give you a few things to think about:

In 2005 I was living in the USA and chatting with a Filipina in the Philippines. I always told her that I wasn't rich and I thought she believed me but years later I found out that she didn't believe me. In 2006 I took her to the USA and we got married. About 2 years after we were married she finally realized that I wasn't rich and she wanted to get divorced so she could find a rich man. Then I said why didn't you believe me when I said I wasn't rich and her reply was, you look rich, and I'm sure she believed all foreigners are rich. Most Filipinos believe all foreigners are rich.  Does your fiancee secretly believe you are rich?  It could be a long time before you know the answer to that question.

I'm sure you have heard the saying, "Its woman's prerogative to change her mind."  Well, its true in the Philippines too. Your fiancee is not the first Filipina I knew who always said she only wanted to live in the Philippines until she got married and then she became intent on going to America, which may not be a bad thing in your case because then you could work too to help support the family.

In my opinion, people who only chat on the Internet do not really know each other until they spend a lot of time together in person. Some things you can know about each other chatting on line and some things you can't. She may seem like the love of your life and you may seem like the love of her life when chatting on the Internet and the phone but things can very different in person.

Here's something I learned from the years I have been visiting the Philippines and from living here. I'm sure most on this forum will agree with me and some of them learned the hard way.  When you are chatting with a Filipino on line and even with a webcam you don't know if you're chatting with a female or a male. When some of the males grow their hair long, put on makeup and grow breasts they look like women. In fact many of the gay males are better at typing and speaking English than the women. Very often gay males are used as announcers and comedians at events. Most Filipino men have a more feminine look than Westerners. They don't have facial hair and some grow breasts by taking hormones. Many foreigners have taken a Filipino woman to a hotel not knowing she was a he until they got in bed. Recently a Filipino woman was working in the USA as a model. An American man met her, fell in love and got married. After they were married and got in bed to have sex the American discovered that he married another man. No one knew that the female model is really a male.

• Like 5

jpbago
Posted
Posted
every day for the past 5 years. not just an hour or 2, 8 hours talking to her, i go to work for 8 hours, i sleep for 6, and repeat. for the past 5 years.i think i know what she means.

I think that you are not getting enough sleep.

• Like 2

BigTChicago
Posted
Posted

Alright, now i got great news for me, and some knowledge for yall!

so i called the BOI, and they confirmed that not only can my wife only be the support, but that with her being a GOVERNMENT employee, that i have an even better chance of being accepted.

sorry for not being subtle, but GODD*MN, am i happy. sorry to prove yall wrong, but....

GODD*MN

ill be in the ph in 6 months.

Kiwi-Alan
Posted
Posted

Thats great news my friend.           Just remember the name of the person you talked to when you apply.

Now take the advise that was offered earlier and just come in on a tourist visa.   Make sure you get your paperwork in order so you can marry when you get here.  You have sorted out what you need to bring.

• Like 3

Curley
Posted
Posted

In the meantime, practice your housekeeping skills, learn to cook in the local style and learn the language.

• Like 3

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Wow. these guys are tough,T.  When I started chatting with my filipina wife, also 5 years ago it took me 4 months to meet her and another 5 to marry. Those who say you have not spent enough time getting to know each other.......You have stated that you have a round trip ticket, smart. We live back in USA till fall this year then rent the house to snowbirds and will winter there. I use the BB visa once you marry take your honeymoon out of country, like Hong Kong or some other cheap fare 200-300 US couple of bucks  for travel say 600 all in come back in a couple of days get balikbayan visa stamp good for a year no fees the next year make a visa run w/wife.  T you have hit the jackpot, don't listen to them if you fiancee wished to come to west it is not that hard for a professor to get a job in Canada or Europe, the USA a is fast becoming a third world country as you stated you experienced in Chicago, only difference is here the poor people are fat. If she does keep you as a trophy-boy so what most filipinos are good looking and you are young so no problem there, right? If she has a boat and a driver your life could be heaven.  You have come close to my dream, when I got on the dating site I asked for a rich buxom women with a yacht and that I would gladly hop aboard her plane or even accept a commercial ticket to visit.  I was also willing to live with a minimal amount of servants in a smallish house of 100 M2.  Wow the number of responses floored me, literally hundreds. Qualified responses, not so many, I admit freely I married my wife for her money USD 1500, we used it for a refrigerator. So if she doesn't have a yacht or a driver........hey love right

Remember though there is no divorce in RP, except Italian style so be sure, also make sure she is a she, not joking there or make fun of you jussayin. Good fortune upon you and please keep us posted, I like a romantic comedy (as opposed to tragedy) now and then. COMON GUYS LIGHTEN UP LET THE KID DO KID THINGS. It is his life for us and him to enjoy.  Luck T    

• Like 3