Needing Explicit Info On How To Live In Cebu...

genesiseng
Posted
Posted

I wanna live in Ronda. ..I just want a simple life with her and the boys. What I need to know is if I must buy a round-trip ticket or should I use the "throw -away" ticket method I have read here? Once im in ronda...do I need a multi entry visa...in other words...step by step to get me there and get legalized so I never have to worry about being deported

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Curley
Posted
Posted

I wanna live in Ronda. ..I just want a simple life with her and the boys. What I need to know is if I must buy a round-trip ticket or should I use the "throw -away" ticket method I have read here? Once im in ronda...do I need a multi entry visa...in other words...step by step to get me there and get legalized so I never have to worry about being deported

Virtually all the info you need is already on here, I suggest that you put some time into studying rather than expecting someone else to do everything for you. Having said that....Fares, check out the cheapest one way you can get then look at eg CEBUPACIFIC  or any other low cost carrier for a one way special, info is often posted on here of really cheap specials being offered. One way tickets don't work out much cheaper than returns and with a return you always have an escape route if things don't work out.

• Like 5

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Well for me from Aus, I bought a one way ticket and a throwaway with Air Asia for AUS $20, was never ask to show the throwaway but best you get just in case you are asked. Some airlines won't let you depart your country with-out a departure ticket from the Phils. Now to the visa, for me, I arrived, after 30 days went to Immigration and got a 30 days extension, after that went again for a 59 day visa, next visit again soon apply for another 59 days and so on and so on. I am not sure but after 16 months you have to leave for a day, return again and start the whole process over again. There was talk that the 16 months has been extended to 3 years, I have to go this week so will ask if it has changed. A word of advice, play by their rules or they will black list you. If you marry it's a different ball game with your visa's, but I would suggest as Mike said just come and see how you like the country first, it's a whole new world here.

Any way good luck to you and your new family

• Like 1

genesiseng
Posted
Posted

Thanx curley and frosty...but im not asking anyone to do my job...I've researched and I just wanna hear from somebody that has done it like frosty to know what works and what doesn't work...best and true advice from someone with experience. ..my mind made up tho frosty...I am gonna live there...I know the country via the internet and thru people like u and im willing to throw in the towel and accept that country as my own once im there....please tell how is it different for me when I marry my girl thats a Filipina? Am I under different rules or circumstances that can enable me to stay permanently?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I need someone, preferably an American that can give me step by step info/advice how I can get to cebu and live out the remainer of my life there. I need to do this soon and as cheaply as possible.

Your post reads like you have already made up your mind what you are going to do.  The problem with step by step advice on how to get there and do that is that you have already missed the first few steps . . those being to get here and look around before making up your mind what to do next.  Best of luck to you.  Lots of info on this site if you want to read through it and ask specific questions.

• Like 4

genesiseng
Posted
Posted

Thanx Mike. ..I been researching for about 8 years now...read all I can...know most customs and laws there including annulment...my gf who I plan to marry upon arrival there has 3 boys but never been married...im not trying to live a life as a American there or take from its people but my gf has a small business and a house there already...im seeking only how to get there at lowest cost...ok...I buy round- trip and not use the return trip...is it smart to throw away money like that if a throw away ticket is better....everybody trying to figure out what I know and do not know...I speak English and Spanish and have learned quite a lot of Tagalog ...yes I see my gf when ever I have a signal thru cam almost everyday we can and her sons as well...just give me advice on how to get there and what steps to take to become legalized there whether thru my marriage to my gf or what...frosty is only one not getting into what I know and do not know about the Philippines and the area im going to....get to the basics if u gonna help me...

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Welcome Gene. Ok, sounds like you are decided on your course of action. So here are answers to your questions.

1. You can buy a one way ticket to Manila and then a throw away ticket (say to Malaysia) a travel agent should be able to set you up. My last one cost 50 bucks.

2. Once you are married you can apply for an ACR card, very simple really, but suggest you bring an FBI background check with you, saves time. All the details are on the Phil Immigration web site.

3. Until you are actually married and have all the needed paper work lined up, you will just need to extend your tourist visa. Again pretty simple. All the details and prices have been discussed on this board many times, but check the Phil web page for details change with out notice. (as do most things here in the Philippines lol )

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
I been researching for about 8 years now.

Sorry genesiseng, but anyone who has been researching for 8 years now and still does not know how to get here raises red flags on my troll meter.  Not that this is an accusation and if all you need to know is the basics then I will make an attempt to help:

Search the web for the best price on an airline ticket.  Round trip or one way makes no difference but you will need an ticket to get here and a ticket to leave (if you don't buy a round trip ticket then buy any ticket to anywhere outside the country to show proof that you intend to leave one day)

Search the web for the best price on a hotel or pension house near where you want to live.  When you arrive you can take a bus to that location and start searching for a rental.

Get married.  (A huge topic that there is much info on)  Apply for a 13a Visa as the spouse of a filipina (Another huge topic that there is much info on)

You're done.  Easy and cheap when you say it fast but really, thats the basics.

Edit:  The part about 'search the web for a price' is something we all do.  Once you have found what you think is good deal, THEN come here and ask opinions.  You will get a lot of them.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 3

genesiseng
Posted
Posted

Thanks a lot Dave and Scott. ...thats the type of info/advice im seeking...