Needing Explicit Info On How To Live In Cebu...

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Thanx Mike. ..I been researching for about 8 years now...read all I can...know most customs and laws there including annulment...my gf who I plan to marry upon arrival there has 3 boys but never been married...im not trying to live a life as a American there or take from its people but my gf has a small business and a house there already...im seeking only how to get there at lowest cost...ok...I buy round- trip and not use the return trip...is it smart to throw away money like that if a throw away ticket is better....everybody trying to figure out what I know and do not know...I speak English and Spanish and have learned quite a lot of Tagalog ...yes I see my gf when ever I have a signal thru cam almost everyday we can and her sons as well...just give me advice on how to get there and what steps to take to become legalized there whether thru my marriage to my gf or what...frosty is only one not getting into what I know and do not know about the Philippines and the area im going to....get to the basics if u gonna help me...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

There a lot wiser people on here with loads more experience than me, the best thing I did was read everything on this site that I could, asked questions and got loads of good advice from everyone and when I came here put what I learned here to good use.You will get advice on here that you think is not relevant to you but something wll happen when you arrive here, and you will think hey I remember so and so was in the same situation, it really makes it so much easier if you have some insight into the goings on here. As for me I came for a visit, was tired of my life in Aus, needed something to spark me, met a lovely girl here, half my age, she is sweet, charming, gorgeous, everything a man could need, I have never been so happy, we laugh so much, life is good but always be mindful how things can change. The guys on here are giving you good advice, what they have seen and have been through, just take it all in and tread your own path, but go slowly and have a get out clause if it all goes tit's up. I wish you the very best of luck, only you know what you heart is saying, just be careful

• Like 5

genesiseng
Posted
Posted (edited)

Same with me frosty....im tired of the USA..no im not a terrorist...just this country has gone to he'll...my gf makes me happy and my sons....her boys actually are the pride of my life...im only seeking happiness and love and I've found it with my gf....thanks a lot frosty..

Edited by MikeB
Removed email address
  • Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

I would extend my visa on arrival at the airport, it will save you one trip at least and travel costs money, even Filipino style.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

......that can give me step by step info/advice how I can get to cebu and live out the remainder of my life there. I need to do this soon and as cheaply as possible...I'm just getting antsy to leave here and be with my girl and sons in her home. Please somebody here take me seriously and send me an email and/or a number to call so that we can stay in touch and give me the advice/info that will work to get me to Cebu where I can be content. Thanks again everyone!

Hello Genesiseng,

On the upper right hand corner is called a search box.  Type in airfare, 13A visa, the Filipina, where to stay, etc, etc and

click on the google internal search of this forum -- that search box is your friend.  Also please give it a few extra seconds

after you hit the post button.  Otherwise you will duplicate your posts, as you hit the post button repeatedly.

On post #15 - 1st paragraph, Mike S mentioned about a potential wife and her questionable marriage background.  I know

that you are getting antsy in finally meeting her and her 3 boys but don't jump the gun to step 3 when step 1 and 2 have

been completely bypassed.  Can she produce all the necessary original documents that are accepted by local and 

national Philippine government? Even if she can prove that she's able to marry again (by Philippine law), what about

her ex-husband?  You may have spent many years researching on the internet and dating sites but the real schooling is

boots on the ground.  On your very first maiden voyage to PI, you may not even detect any hidden emotions while you're

treating her like a queen and you see nothing but roses for a few weeks after your arrival.  You need to check out family

members and more importantly her ex-husband.  All of us here have heard of terrible ordeals that became very difficult

for a new expat to back out from a relationship that was solely based on video chat or other social network.  

And just to be fair for the Filipina, she must be given an opportunity to study you as well.  Do we have the attributes of a

good husband and father?  Will we be bringing in some unwanted baggage?  This will be your very first visit and it sounds

like you're trying to fit everything on one plate.  Just go out and have some fun, but have the presence of mind and the

patience to deal with a totally different culture.  Please, proceed with caution.........

Respectfully -- Jake

• Like 5

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)
get to the basics if u gonna help me...

Sorry ..... good luck in your future plans ....

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 2

Curley
Posted
Posted

I am no where near age to receive a monthly check...I am NOT a rich man..   At the risk of getting an abrupt reply..... If you're not retirement age and you are not rich.....  How do you intend supporting yourself or to help raise your kids, give them a good education?

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Hi everyone and thanx for accepting me here.

It isn't hard to be accepted here, we are a lot of goofballs here    hehe   Just need to be friendly, although some new members perhaps believe we are unfriendly to each other, when it's just "rough love" jokes  :)  between people who know each other allready.

my girl already has a small business and has never suggested wanting or needing any money from me. She gets mad if I suggest it!
Yes, that's good. But it's a huge difference between

/she not asking any money FROM YOU to her and her kids ((yet))

/and IF you will start living on HER income. The Philippines is still very traditional concerning EXPECTATIONS the man being the MAIN income earner, although many Filipinas are forced to do the earning, having lazy Filipin husbands...  

I don't believe your future wife will be satisfied, if you will not earn at least what you will cost yourself... Foreigners cost more than Filipins, because of e g VISA costs.

You don't tell which type of business she have, but most likely - because that goes for the common jobs, which Filipins can do - foreigners are NOT allowed to work in such business (except if we lead a business, which employ at least 10 Filipins.)

Solution alternatives:

A/   Start some business, which foreigners are allowed to work in. (There are several topics in this forum about alternatives.)

B/ Several foreigners work abroad PART of the year and live in Phils the rest of the year. E g some work in the offshore oil industry in SE Asia.

• Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted

My advice would to be able to lay your hands on plenty of money, you will need it for , Education, health, family etc etc

genesiseng
Posted
Posted

Thanx all for ur info and ur advice...as for my gf...she has never been married so that rids that issue....im saving money now to start a small business of my own...I know I cannot actually own it...but I have my gf and her sons and friends that I believe truly will help me...her family has accepted me fully and will be there to help in any shortcomings...my gf's brother is a priest...and I am a christian too...so I know in my mind and heart all will be well cuz God's hand is in this...again thanx all...I am taking notes to the important issues and advice u people give me..so don't think its me just reading this and thats it! Im going to follow thru with my dream and im glad some of u are on the same page as I am...

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
im saving money now to start a small business of my own...I know I cannot actually own it..
Well. Foreigners CAN own parts of (40 % is most common) and even whole of some types of businesses.  (See topics about that.)